Fusion Reviews

afrdzak

Raspberry

Hookah used, Brass bowl, screen, and base, wood stem.

Upon opening the foil an amazing smell of raspberries filled the room. My wife and I were expecting good things from this shisha.

One large 3 kings coal and 2 -1/2 finger coals were used (we have found this to work best with the brass screen).

It took a little longer to get going than the Rosetta we were used to smoking. Once we got the smoke going the taste went downhill quickly. There was a very chemical fake-fruit smell that ruined the experience. A hint of raspberry could be smelled when blowing out the smoke, but that chemical taste/smell was still present.

It did smoke strong for a good 45 minutes, but the taste/smell will prevent us from buying this again.

3/10

FUSION GUAVA

Clouds: 10/10

Flavor 9.5/10 Awesome sour flavor almost and was a little tart. It's my favorite guava i've tried yet.

Duration 10/10

FUSION SWEET CRANBERRY

Doesn't taste like cranberry at all, it tastes exactly like cherry cheese cake if you ask me. The three other people I was smoking with agreed with me as well. Buy this flavor if you like cherry cheese cake. It has the same cloud mass and duration as the rest of fusion.

Flavor: (was there completely but in terms of how well it matched its name ) 3/10

Duration:
10/10

FUSION GUAVA RASBERRY

was a good flavor, I prefer the guava alone by fusion over this one, the rasberry is perfectly matched with guava so you actually taste both flavors but the rasberry tasted a little like shampoo or soap to me. It was good but got sickning after a little while. As said before same clouds and lasting flavor as your typical fusion.

Flavor: 6.5/10

Duration:
10/10

• 3 weeks later...
FUSION SOUR APPLE

Flavor 9.5/10 Awesome sour flavor at first, then the flavor dies out after about 25-30 min

Duration 5/10

a little upset with this flavor because it tastes just like a sour apple lolly pop but then the flavor disappears.. Flavor was awesome while it lasted.

Fusion White Grape

Clouds: 10/10 like all fusion

Flavor 8/10 (i prefer nakhla mizo grape)

Duration 10/10 lasted the whole session

Had a light grape taste, had a sweet kick at the end, and was very subtle (which is why I love fusion) the flavor wasn't intense but had just enough to know it was grape, good overall flavor. It was somewhat like Nakhla grape but wasn't as strong of a grape flavor (prob b/c it was white grape and not regular, was much lighter of a taste. Slight buzz, not huge and not non existent.

Fusion Tutti Frutti

Clouds 10/10

Flavor 6.7/10

Duration 10/10

This flavor had a sweet berry taste with a sour kick at the end. Wasn't my cup of tea. Was like a mix of fruit flavor with berries but there was too much going on for me and ended up being a pot of random flavors all bunched together without a distinct flavor. Not bad but not for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Re-tried Fusion Sour Apple

I re ordered another 50g to make sure the flavor wasn't gonna last just to double check because the flavor when it was there was amazing. And basically it is the same review as before, but this time the flavor lasted the whole way through.

Flavor 9.5/10 Awesome sour flavor at first, then the flavor dies out after about 25-30 min

Duration 8.5/10

Flavor started to die around 1.5 hours and usually lasts a full 2 hours so i ticked off 1.5 points.

Fusion Cactus Pear

Ok so now that I have tried this flavor from fusion, every flavor I have reviewed for fusion should lose 1 point on flavor because of how amazing this flavor is. There is a sweet tickle on the inhale, especially if you put your tongue in front of the mouth piece so the smoke flows over your tongue. On the exhale it is very hard to describe but it is like a prickly sweet taste followed by a pear aftertaste that stays with you and is prob one of the best after tastes I have ever experienced. It is a lot like smiley's cactus pear but I think this is better than smileys.

Clouds 10/10 (as always with fusion)

Flavor 10/10 easily top 5 flavors I have ever had

Duration
10/10 went over the 1.5 hour mark in a mod bowl packed lightly, can't ask for more than that

An amazing flavor, definitely try a 50g of it.

Fusion Mango Rasberry

This flavor was a good one also, couldn't taste much mango, but the raspberry was there for sure. It was basically raspberry with the littlest bit of mango, if you really look for it you can slightly taste it, but most people will say it tasted just like raspberry. I liked the flavor but it would be nice to have a kick of mango in there.

Clouds 10/10

Flavor 7.7/10 It says it is mango raspberry and I tasted very very little mango so a few points off for that. If you wanna save a few bucks just buy the regular fusion raspberry.

Duration 9/10

Also since I can't edit my previous posts the guava raspberry I smoked two more times, and the flavor grows on you and that shampoo flavor goes away more or less. I would have scored the flavor somewhere between 8.5-9.2

Fusion Red Grapefruit

Ok this one to me tasted like a smooth lemon flavor with a bit of sour at the end. My mother and girlfriend both said it tasted exactly like grapefruit, but I thought it was more lemony/citrus. Even so was a great flavor.

I have also noticed with newer cuts of Fusion it is more leafy and not so fine cut like the newer AF cut, which is definitely a plus. Easier to pack, shisha doesn't clog the holes, and smoother smoke.

Clouds : 10/10 as always

Flavor : 9/10 good lemony citrus flavor, definitely worth a 50g.

Duration: 9/10 after 1.25 hours or so the citrus is still there but gets a little dull a little faster than a few other flavors I had. I believe it is because citrus is a very touchy flavor so you notice the slightest change in flavor.

Fusion White Peach

This flavor was very watered down as another member had posted. You could taste the peach and it smelled really good in the bag, but it was just waaaay too light of a flavor. After 20 minutes the flavor was gone because it was such a light flavor to begin with. Not so good, I don't know if the newer fusion batch has fixed this issue, the 50g stuff i tried was the older stuff with the much finer cut.

Clouds 9/10

Flavor 4/10 could be used as a mixer with mizo peach or any other strong shisha to help balance out the buzz.

Duration 4/10

So I was looking for a new brand as my go to brand. mattarios and a couple of other members recommended Fusion. So here go a couple of what will be 15 reviews.

Fusion Cactus Pear

Hookah:
40" KM Exotica
Bowl: MNH Jet Glass Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Glass Screen
Hose: Nammor
Coals: CH
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Rougher cut than say AF or Layalina. Looks more like little strips
Smell: Nice sweet taste, does smell like a cactus pear. If you haven't had one it's hard to describe the flavor.
Taste: Just like a cactus pear on the inhale. It does have a more pronounced pear taste on the exhale.
Smoke: Thunderstorm size clouds
Buzz: Slight
Duration: 2+ hours
Overall: 9/10 I'm starting to become a fan of this brand in general and this flavor is really good. Good size clouds, the flavor was pretty consistent throughout the session. It wasn't too sweat or heavy. Other brands sometimes taste like your smoking syrup. Edited by OC4111

Fusion Mango

Hookah:
40" KM Exotica
Coals: CH

Appearance: Rougher cut than say AF or Layalina. Looks more like little strips
Smell: It had a candied mango smell. didn't smell like a fresh nango
Taste: see above
Overall: 7.75/10 This was a pretty decent flavor. I love mango fruit so maybe my expectation is too high for mango flavored shisha. I have enough for another bowl. I'll try it again.

Fusion Sour Apple

Hookah:
40" KM Exotica
Coals: 2 rounds with CH coals and 1 round with Starlight Coconut coals

Appearance: This may have been from an older batch. the cut was finer than the previous 2 flavors
Smell: It didn't smell like a sour apple. Smelled like a green apple jolly rancher
Taste: see above
Buzz: None
Overall: 8/10 I was expecting to smell and taste more along the lines of a granny smith apple. So the smell and taste at first threw me off. For a minute I didn't know if I liked it. Once it hit me that it tasted like a green apple jolly rancher I liked it. The flavor lasted pretty much the whole session it did tail off at the end. I'm curious if the new batches have more of that sour flavor.

Fusion Papaya Raspberry

I really enjoyed this flavor. Even though I could not taste much papaya, in fusions mixes that are mixed with raspberry, their raspberry is so damn tasty that it overpowers their mixed flavors. The only fusion mix I have had that I could taste both flavors was with the guava raspberry. I mean i could taste a light floral flavor which I am assuming was the papaya but it wasn't strong. The inhale was sweet on the tongue just like all fusion flavors, and the exhale was floral followed by raspberry. I really enjoyed this flavor, smoke was great, flavor was great, didn't have nasty red, green or blue coloring to stain my fingers, and duration was awesome.

Flavor 8.9/10

Duration 10/10

Fusion Citrus Mint

Hookah:
40" KM Exotica
Coals: CH naturals

Appearance: This may have been from an older batch. the cut was fine like AF or Layalina
Smell: It smelled citrusy. The main taste was lemon
Taste: Same as above, i didn't taste very much min
Overall: 8/10 This flavor was more citrus than mint. I liked the taste but I was expecting a bit more mint flavor. As a stand alone citrus flavor it was very tasty, and the flavor was fairly consistent throughout the whole session.

Fusion Passion Fruit

This flavor was very sweet on the inhale and tasted slightly like a sour pineapple on the exhale. Definitely was more pineapple than sour but the sour was there. The flavor should be renamed to sour pineapple. The box shows a watermelon, a pineapple, and lemons and limes. So they pretty much hit what they were looking for excluding the watermelon. Had huge clouds as always and was definitely a consistent smoke. This was from an older batch as it still said .3 for nicotine rather than the .05.

Clouds :
10/10

Flavor 9/10
a tiny tiny bit too sweet for me but definitely good enough that I will order a 250g. My girlfriend and mom loved this stuff and they are very picky about flavors.

Duration : packed in a small egyptian, held about 15 - 18 grams or so and after 45 min still had about 20 min left in it so it definitely held its duration very well seeing it was packed with only about 15 grams.

One of the better flavors I have had from fusion, up there with pear, guava, guava rasp. , cactus pear, and a few others.

Fusion Vanilla Raspberry

This one tasted more like cherry vanilla, or like a cherry cream. Fusions raspberry is a very good flavor but it seems that when it is mixed with vanilla it smelt and tasted a lot like cherry. It was a good, strong flavor but it wasn't personally a flavor I really enjoyed. My 2 buddies loved it, a lot more than I did and they thought it reminded them of almost a dr. pepper with vanilla or cream in it. The color of it is black. I Packed my small to medium egyptian and we smoked it for about 45 min and still had about 10 minutes left in it.

Clouds : 10/10

Flavor : 7.5/10 good flavor just didn't love it personally as I am not a huge fan of cherry flavors.

Duration : 8/10 Flavor was strong for the first 30-35 min then died down a little which is not like fusion at all. Usually the flavor loss doesn't come around until 1 hour deep or so and that is with a bowl that doesn't hold a lot of shisha.

Fusion Citrus Mint

Here we have a citrusy flavor, I would guess lemon/lime and a little bit of orange. Now after reading OC's review of it I thought the mint would almost not be there. My experience with it was plenty of mint, had a cold inhale and the exhale was mint followed by a citrusy taste. Overall a good flavor but burns easily or that was just the citrus taste i believe. I used 3 GC and it became hot so I tried 2 and was better but always had a burnt citrus taste at the end, maybe i burned it but from the start to the end i tasted a bad burnt taste. It wasn't unbearable but wasn't enjoyable either. Had a smooth buzz not hardcore and not like AF, it was in between the two, it was a relaxing buzz.

Clouds: 9/10 not quite as much as I get with the normal fusion flavors I smoke.

Flavor: 7/10 get rid of that burnt taste at the end, it wasn't like i burned the tobacco it was just the citrus flavor taste cooking.

Duration: 9/10 lasted the entire session

• 2 weeks later...
Fusion Champagne Grape

This flavor was very ... different, and I really liked it. Out of the bag it slightly smelt like AF Grape with it's ketchup smell followed by a refreshing smell (the best way I can put it, like champagne has that fresh airy smell) After letting it sit out for 10 min on some foil the slight ketchup smell was gone. Smoked it and on the inhale was sweet, exhale was grape and then finally followed by this airy light taste,so hard to describe you will have to try it. I love it, I took a risk buying a 250g but I really wanted to try it, and am not dissapointed. Had a low to low medium buzz like most of the fusion I have had. I am really surprised how well they nailed the "Champagne" part.

Clouds 10/10

Flavor 10/10

Duration 10/10

If I did an overall total rating I would - .5 - 1 point for having red dye in it, but at least it isn't swimming in it like most of the AF/Layalina.

Keep up the good work Fusion, well worth the 12-13 it costs over at HookahJohn.

Fusion Clove

This smelt identical to cloves, smelt just like the Djarum cigarettes or however you spell it. There isn't much to say, it tasted exactly like clove, made your mouth numb, and the smell stays in your mouth hours after having it. Another I will keep stocked from fusion, keep it up fusion!

Clouds 10/10

Flavor 10/10

Duration 10/10

• 2 weeks later...
Fusion Cactus Pear

Cut:
A nice sized cut. I'd say that it averages around 1/6 of an inch. It is also pretty wet and sticky. 10/10

Smoke: Very thick clouds. I get massive clouds after the first pull, no joke. 10/10

Smell: Hmmm...I haven't had a chance to really smell a cactus pear, but it has a nice sweet smell to it. 10/10

Flavor: Again, I have never tried a cactus pear. This flavor isn't one I really enjoy, but it has a sweet taste to it. 7.5/10

Duration:
I have consistently had this flavor go for 1.5 hours a session. The flavor also hardly diminishes. 10/10

Overall Score:
I'd have to give this an 8.8/10. I like the flavor, but it just isn't one of my favorites. I know other reviewers like it a lot, so go ahead and give it a try.

Fusion Cactus Pear

Hookah: 30" Nour
Bowl: Med Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: KM Ultimate
Coals: 2 CH Naturals

Appearance: Tan/Orangeish in color. Pretty wet like all the other Fusion I have had.
Smell: Very strange. Similar to pear in a way, but different as the name implies. Great though.
Taste: Amazing. Hard to describe it. Very sweet, pear like.
Smoke: Nice thick clouds.
Buzz: Nada
Duration: 45 min

Overall: 10/10. WOW. Once again, this was an order based on great reviews it had received. Amazing throughout the entire session. It started fading at about 40 minutes, but I was ready for bed at this point and didn't mind. I think this is the first perfect score I have given doing reviews, and it deserves it. I only got 100g, and it was gone fast. I kept finding myself picking the unburnt stuff out of the bottom of the bowl and saving it since I didn't want any of it to go to waste. I wish I would have gotten more, and would have had John not been out of it when I made my order today.

Fusion Red Rhino

Hookah: 30" Nour
Bowl: Med Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: KM Ultimate
Coals: 2 CH Naturals

Appearance: Red and juicy.
Smell: Smelled like straight Red Bull. Got me excited.
Taste: Weak. Hardly there at all.
Smoke: Ok, but nothing amazing.
Buzz: Nada
Duration: 45 min - 1 hour

Overall: 5/10. Huge let down. I love Red Bull, and seeing a flavor modeled after it forced me to make an order. The smell was spot on, but the flavor was not by any means. I have probably smoked half of the 250g tub, and have made MAYBE 3 good smokes out of it. Following some instructions on proper setp for Fusion, it didnt work a little better for me. I should have went with more Cactus Pear on this order instead.

• 3 weeks later...
Fusion Cactus Pear

Cut: Good cut similar to starbuzz.sticky fine cut with tons of stems 7/10

Smoke: thick decent clouds...not the thickest i've had but it was enjoyable 9/10

Smell: interesting smell kind of like a floral fruity smell i liked it 9/10

Flavor: really sweet taste...this might have to be an aquired taste to me but i liked it ... il be mixing this one for sure 9/10

Duration:I had this going for about 1/5 hours 10/10

Overall Score: it was a good try not too crazy bout it but its something im willing to try again 9/10

• 2 weeks later...
Fusion Exotic Orange

Cut: Sticky, small, fine cut with - not that many stems

Smoke: Decent clouds with proper heat

Smell: Great smell, very accurate orange flavor - pretty natural (unlike AF Orange)

Flavor: Great taste, true to the smell, tangy but not sour

Duration: 1hours +

Overall Score: Best orange flavor I've had 9/10