Fusion Reviews

afrdzak

Post your reviews below for Fusion Flavours. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Fusion (flavour)

(edited by mushrat because people don't read the rules. Please don't start new review threads yourselves.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 year later...
Fusion Miami Beach

Setup: 32" MZ, Standard Egyptian Bowl, Nammor Hose, water w/ ice, Easy Lite Jap Coals, tinfoil

Look: Very similar to Starbuzz. Medium cut with no stems. Red color that most shisha adopts these days. Very juicy but not dripping.

Smell: Sweet and reminiscently fruity. Smells somewhat similar to SB's X on the Beach but better. Less sun lotion-like of a smell but a hint that helps to lend credibility to its namesake.

Flavor: Sweet with some complex fruit tastes there. Pleasing to the palate. Has a tang to it. Definite coconut.

Smoke: Extremely thick all the way through.

Buzz: Very relaxing buzz. Not as strong as a cigarette by any means but very relaxing.

Duration: Lasted an hour with two of us with non stop smoking.

Overall: Great flavor that I actually like more than SB's XoTB. Easier to smoke cause it feels a lot lighter than XoTB and can easily be a daily smoke unlike XoTB which has a nasty sunscreen flavor to it later on. There is a little something to it that knocks of a couple points. Definitely recommended though.

9/10! Edited by MechAnt

PLUM

I first like to thank RayVer for packing such nice bowls yesterday.

Setup: RayVers mya gyro 4 hose w/ super chief

Look: Looks like normal baccy maybe a little larger cut than AF.

Smell: like teen spirit.... really thou it doesnt smell that good.

Flavor: It didnt really taste like plums more like well I dont know. My girlfriend said it tastes like almonds. Mahir from nazzar said it tastes like nuts....

Smoke: Nice thick clouds consistant throughout the session.

Buzz: Very relaxing buzz.

Duration: About an hour

Overall: Good try on plum guys but I think you missed the mark on the plum part but it still had a alright flavor.

=IRISH CREAM=

Looks: Like SB. Exactly. Very juicy. There are stems. Wish there weren't. But I can deal with it.

Smell: Not sure, smells intriguing, might put off those who aren't familar with shisha smoking.

Flavor: Awesome. Love the taste. The 250g tub didn't last long. Great to smoke if you've got a fruity flavor to switch it up with.

Smoke: Awesome. Clouds. Very easy as far as heat management. Just awesome. Fusion is the new SB. End of story.

9.5/10

=MIXED FRUIT=

Looks: Like SB. Exactly. Very Juicy. There are stems. Wish there weren't. But I can deal with it.

Smell: Smells fruity. Somewhat artificial though. More of a candy smell.

Flavor: Liked the taste. Has some tang to it. A hint of sour. Def. sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. Don't think I could smoke this the whole evening though. Other smokers loved it. I doubt I'll order it again, but I def. don't regret buying it.

Smoke: Awesome. Clouds. Very easy as far as heat management. Just awesome. Fusion is the new SB. End of story.

8/10

=CACTUS PEAR=

Looks: Like SB. However, I found less stems in this batch, could be because it was a 50g box.

Smell: Very, very pleasant smell. Very sweet. Kind of like SB White Peach.

Flavor: Liked the taste. Very sweet and full. You will get tired of it though. Still not sure if I want to invest in a 250g tub. Its good, but its also very rich.

8 or 9/10 I'm still not sure how I feel.

Fusion Strawberry Daquiri

(I got turned onto Fusion by a free sample I got with my last purchase from Hookah Company. They did a good thing - they've made a definite fan out of me.)

Setup: 34" Dahab Egyptian, Nammor hose (is there any other kind of hose?) Room temperature tap water. Mya bowl. Golden quicklights (because I can't stand messing with naturals over a stove).

Smell: Like standing in the grocery aisle beside the strawberrys. Lovely and sweet. Without smelling chemical or artificial in any way.
Cut: The cut I prefer. Nice and leafy, not too big, not over cut into tiny pieces. Enough small pieces of stem to add plenty of nicotine (since that's where the nicotine concentrates).
Taste: Amazing. I couldn't say what makes the "daquiri" portion of it, but it's the nicest strawberry flavor I've ever tried. It tastes exactly like the best Straberry Daquiri I've ever had in any bar ever. Not remotely artificial or chemical tasting.
Buzz: Typical of Fusion - nice, mellow, easy. Not room spinning like Tangiers, just perfectly light and relaxing. Perfect after a long day at the office.
Length: The flavor started solid and stayed that way through the entire bowl. Never faided until the coal did. A solid 45 minutes on one coal.

Fusion is my new favorite tobacco. Enough buzz to relax me without the room spins that come with Tangiers. Some flavors I didn't like upon first try, but after acclimation loved them (Apple Pie, Pina Colada). In this case it was perfect right out of the 50 gram bag. I will definitely be ordering it by at least 250 gram containers. Maybe kilos, it's so good.

End result? A definite 10/10.

No wonder Fusion is doing so well on the internet. Everytime I pick a new flavor to try I'm impressed. This is no different - it's perfect. Even if you don't like Strawberry in general try this one. It's absolutely delicious and perfect. I couldn't ask for a better tobacco. I love this stuff. My cats hate my hookah - they don't like the bubbling sound or the smell generally - but with Fusion especially this one the two of them hang out right by the pipe. So Fusion is doing something right!

'Rani

Fusion Exotic Raspberry

Setup: My Black Egyptian with the dark glass, New UK Hose. 2 Sets of Exotica, 1 set of Jap Easy Lights

Cut: WEIRD! This has an odd cut. It's very shredded with not too many stems. But has a gritty feel like sand.

Smell: Raspberry with an underlying smell. Nice but hard to put a finger on it.

Flavor:
Incredible taste. I like this more than my layalina Raspberry. A taste like Raspberry Syrup. 3Hrs I had this bowl going and the flavour only died out during Hour 3

Buzz:
N/A I don't smoke for buzz.

Duration: 3Hrs without a problem. Flavour died away quote quickly at the end of the 2nd set of coals (Around 2hrs) Hardly something to complain about! Hour 3 had a very mild taste - but it was still there

Over all:
Excellent. Nothing short of Excellence here. Great flavour, Nice cut, Damn good duration. I will be ordering more of this in the future. Well deserved 10/10

JD

Im fairly new to hookah. I have been to a local hookah bar with friends and have enjoyed it. Me and my girlfriend just bought our own recently and just picked up a box of Fusion Strawberry Daquiri. We have been really enjoying this flavor. We put ice and B&J strawberry daquiri winecooler in the bowl, and drank one as we smoked. I cant wait to try more flavors when we finish this one. I bought this a local shop, the owner also highly recommended the mint with mint leaves and water in the bowl.

• 3 weeks later...
I have recently purchased a 250gr box of chocolate mint and a 250gr box of Guava. I didnt like the chocolate mint at first but soon discovered it was user error. The chocolate mint made the room smell like someone was baking a cake, it really gre on me. I just tried the Guava today, its my favorite to date, really sweet and almost juicy tasting. I am burning two japanese coals for heat.

• 5 weeks later...
Fusion White Grape

Mya Gyro, Tangiers Medium phunnel w/scalli, two 3kings 33mm coals

Excellent consistency, very juicy. Smelled like candy or something, not sure if it was really grape, but it smelled nice. The smoke volume was amazing though, and very very smooth and thick. Didn't burn too much. The flavor was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it tasted like grapes. One of the people said it tasted like some kind of cleaning solution lol. I wouldn't go thta far, it was relatively enjoyable, but definitely not dead on grape. As i'm writing this i just finished smoking al fahker double apple (aka PURE LICORICE) and compared to tht, i'm dying to have some of the white grape taste back lol...but from an unbiased tastebuds point of view, i'd say this flavor is worth a try. Chances are you'll think it's pretty good. Not amazing though. The biggest plus is how smooth and dense the smoke is from this company though, definitely going to be trying more fusion flavors in the near future.

Fusion Miami Beach Review

Fusion Miami Beach has a very smooth coconut taste with possibly a slight feel of pineapple. Smoke and flavor lasted well throughout the session. It proved to be very consistent throughout tests with various bowls and coals. The smell is very similar to sunscreen; some liked this while others didn’t. Fusion Miami Beach is definitely a nice flavor to take with you to the beach.

View Video Review here

Fusion Exotic Wild Berry Review

Fusion Exotic Wild Berry has a sweet Wild Berry taste with a very nice aroma when smoking. Smoke and flavor lasted well throughout the session. It proved to be very consistent throughout tests with various bowls and coals. The smell from the box has a slight chemical hint but the scent is much better when smoking. If you like Wild Berry Mint but didn't like the mint so much then go and give this one a try.

View Video Review Here

• 4 weeks later...
I just tried Fusion recently. I thought that cactus pear was an exceptional flavor. I had been expirementing with a lot of fruit flavors so this was a interesting twist. It had plenty of flavor, but was still not overwhelming. It works great as a mixing flavor or on its own . When mixed with the right flavors I think it can be one the best bowls around for a relatively good price.

Fusion Peach

Smell: It smelled really good it was actually the only reason I bought it.

Cut: It was really finely cut and super juicy.

Flavor: It tasted like the most watered down peach I have ever had and the flavor died off after a while. I found the taste to be annoying.

Smoke: 10/10 huge white fluffy clouds.

Buzz: none

Will not be buying this again.

• 1 month later...
Exotic Pear

Bowl: Tangiers Medium Phunnel

Smell:Very strong sour fruity smell. Delicious!

Cut: Pretty fine

Taste: Awesome! Pear flavor was definitly present little to no tobacco taste. Flavor was just soothing. Felt like I was inhaling candy. Bowl lasted well over 1.5 hours!

Smoke: Dank! Thunder Clouds!

Buzz: Little to none after taking huge rips for 30min.

Overall: I believe it is the best brand of tobacco I have smoked to date. Tangiers has too much of a tobacco flavor for my taste and the buzz can get old after 45min. Fusion tastes amazing and I can take fat rips for hours without feeling completly on my arse or nasuea. After trying this 50g sample I immediatly ordered 250g of Guava, Cactus Pear, and Strawberry Lemon Mango! (sounded too good to pass up). Exotic Pear gets a 9/10 from me.

• 1 month later...
exotic mixed fruit

setup km tri metal mnh hand made glass funnel bowl, 2 coco's

pretty good taste i'd say about a 8/10
smoke is amazing 10/10
buzz very nice about an 8.5/10

overall i really like this flavor/brand decent prices and the flaovrs are really really good

• 1 month later...
Fusion Guava

Setup: 32" KM Tri-metal, small phunnel, nammor hose

Cut: Very finely chopped, reminded me of sqush the way it looked, same color too. NO STEMS 10/10

Smell: day old guava juice. Not bad, not amazing 8/10

Heat: 4 japanese coals, managed it just fine was fairly easy. 10/10

Smoke: on par with AF. Not bad. 9/10

Flavor: not the best guava i have ever had, but wasnt bad. Would be better in a mixer then by itself 8/10

Overall: 9/10-

• 2 weeks later...
Fusion Guava

Setup

KM Tri Metal
Bowl: Small Funnel
Hose: KM hose
Screen/Foil: Foil
Coal: 3 Coco Nara's
Liquid In base: Water w/ ice

Cut: Quite a fine cut and slightly sticky. Mushy and wet.

Smell: Like Guava, a nice refreshing smell.

Taste: Exactly how it smells. A nice rich taste which lasted throughout the entire session. Sweet and very smooth guava flavour.

Smoke: Clouds

Buzz: None

Duration: 2 hours +/-

Overall: 9/10 An excellent tobacco! Very easy heat management and a flavour that lasts. The cut of the tobacco is great too. A very refreshing, flavorful smoke.

Pear
Setup- An Inhale 17 inch hookah with two hoses (Me and my girl smoking this together) using a screen and a full minifridge tray of ice in the water to chill the base water.
Cut- similar to starbuzz, more stems though (like everyone else says biggrin.gif )
Smell- smelled kinda like a pear, not very strong, but neither is a pear.
Heat Configuration- Muzzle natural coals, 5 smaller hot ones spread to cover the whole screen with one medium sized coal in the middle that was partially lit then fully lit by the coals.
Smoke- nice thick hookah smoke
Taste- Deffenently tasted just like it smelled, but was a mild taste, nothing strong. Again, pears in general aren't bursting with flavor so I didn't expect this to either. Overall it was a good smooth smoke til the end when it was just all of a sudden lack of flavor and harshness.
Duration- about 45 minutes once the coals were lit and going well (took about 10 minutes to get them situated well) with the two of us smoking it.
Buzz- almost non-existant, and this is coming from someone who just started smoking hookah and does not smoke anything else

Overall- 5/10 It was a good smoke, but I like more flavor. The smoke was good and thick which made it enjoyable to the end and the flavor that was there was consistent and smooth. I will smoke the rest of the 50g pack, but i wont buy this again only because I like stronger flavor, but other then that I really enjoyed this shisha. I figure flavor is half the score, and since flavor was not strong but everything else about the shisha was enjoyable i give it a 5

Fusion Exotic Pear

Hookah: Mya Bambino w/ Heba Diffuser
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short cut, Natural Color with some stems
Nicotine: 0.3%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Sweet Pears
Taste: Really Sweet Pears. Liked, but it's a bit to sweet for my taste
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Minimum
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Free from HookahCompany.com for over $40 purchase

Overall:
9/10 Just a bit to sweet for me, the quality of the smoke and taste were top notch. Glad I got this sample, I am going to try more. Hopefully find a bigger buzz in another flavor.

• 1 month later...
Fusion Cherry Cola

KM Amoura 36inch W/ Tangiers Small Funnel Bowl

2 Soex 33mm Coals

Cut: very fine the most liquid shisha i have ever seen almost look like it was in blood.

Smell. Like cough medicine

Smoke: Thick Clouds, lasted about an hour an a half full flavor then fell off quickly.

Taste: Like CHERRY COLA! I like it a lottt. It doesnt take a lot to please me though...

Buzz: Light to none

I have to say thanks to Tarik he threw this in with my buy of the Amoura, the smoke is really good. I think I would buy this again, I just started this up and I'd give this a 8/10 because the lack of buzz .5% nicotine and nothing and the fact it was in so much red dye that it look like some one was killed in it I should of taken pictures, I have a little left. Maybe I will.... It was ridiculous.. Edited by newjacksm

Fusion Papaya Raspberry

Hookah: Mini Mya w/ Egyptian White & Gold from HC
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut a few stems, very juicy
Nicotine: 0.3%
Base: Honey and Glycerin
Smell: I am guessing Papaya/Pear with a bit or Raspberry
Taste: Similar to taste, nice blend, but a bit light on the raspberry
Smoke: Massive Clouds
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From:
HookahCompany.com

Overall: 7/10 This isn't a bad flavor, but not a great blend of the two, Raspberry is very mild. But the Papaya has a distinct taste, but it also taste like there is a light bit of pear in the mix. But man you have to love those Fusion Clouds!

Red Rhino

Hookah: Mya Vortex
Bowl: Small Tangiers Phunnel
Coals: Exoticas, 2/3rd of a bar, then split into 2 pieces.
Cut: Small cut, very similar to StarBuzz. Dripping wet, completely saturated. Dark Brown color.
Smell: More like Monster than RedBull (a good thing) but not as harsh or potent. It smells very inviting.
Smoke: Nice big thick clouds, like StarBuzz
Taste: Like Monster but not as harsh or bitter. It's actually very smooth. I'm not a huge RedBull fan, but I do enjoy Monster (even alone) and this stuff is yummy, and I enjoyed smoking the entire bowl.
Duration: A solid 1 hour+ on the small Tangiers phunnel, flavored kept up well the entire time.
Buzz: None - washed tobacco

Overall: 8/10 - Definitely enjoy this flavor. It sounds a bit weird, but Fusion pulls it off very well. I could see myself always having a bit of this around. Looking forward to some mixing attempts with it. Edited by rigor
  • Upvote 1

Fusion Cantaloupe

hookah: tri-metal with phunnel, razan and glass screen
liquid in base: ice water
coals: banned vendor cocos
cut: just like tangiers
price: $14 even after tax at a local shop
smell: like a sweeter nakhla sweet melon
taste: tastes just like buttered pancakes with a hint of syrup for some reason
smoke: odd smoke it doesnt linger for very long it just kind of disappears but it is somewhat thick smoke not as thick as AF though
duration: i quit smoking it after about 2 hours but it still had flavor
buzz: none

overall: 7/10 it was a great flavor it just wasnt cantaloupe which is what i was hoping for but otherwise it was great shisha

• 2 weeks later...
Fusion Red Rhino

Setup: Mya acrylic, mod bowl, brand new mya cheapo hoses, 1 3k QL

Smell: WOW!! Smelled soo much like Smarties!!!
Taste: Sorta like smarties, not as "Red Bull" or "Monster" tasting as expected based on hype, not bad - but less than expected
Smoke: Medium clouds. Probably could do better with natural coals an Nammors, but I was at someone else's house and didn't have all my stuff.
Duration: used 2 ql - about 1.5 hours total

Overall: Not too bad, not too great. It's worthy of a try. I didn't get the big "bull" taste out of it, but my roommate said it was pretty spot on. Final Score: 6.5/10

• 1 month later...
Fusion Exotic Wild Mint

Shisha Cut: Medium cut, soaked and dyed in green shisha juice, too many stems in my 50g sample

Hookah Type: Mya Gyro

Duration: 1+ hr

Bowl: Standard egyption

Foil / Screen: HD Foil

Coal / Amount: 1.5 3Kings Coals

Smoke: Medium clouds, alright.

Buzz: 0

Smell / Flavor: Smelled like toothpaste, tasted like a beauty mask that is made up of cucumbers, mint, yogurt, and toothpaste....horrible!! Nasty aftertaste, AF MINT all day everyday.

Rating (1 to 10): 1/10