Water Additives

QUOTE (Ahookahfan @ Dec 27 2006, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to start out by saying that I'm a long time reader, and first time poster. That said, has anyone experimented beyond ice, milk and juice and in base of a hookah? I'm talking about using spices, or salt, or the like?

well, i am not sure as to what effect salt water would have to the smoke. I have played around with lemon/orange chunks, and I didn't taste much of difference.. a liquid flavoring is the best way to go, imho.

You could take some really stong spices like ground cinnamon, and see how that goes.

mix and match different flavors of liqour with the flavor of tobacco

one of my personal favorites is amaretto liquour. You don't need more than 1-2 shots for one medium bowl. A chilled bowl is normally enjoyed more.

Also, fresh fruit (lemon and lime comes to mind). One of the hookah bars in San Diego started charging extra to put in fruit syrup and fresh cut fruit. Edited by afrdzak

i think the next time I get a chance, I'm going to try ice early grey tea and mint leaves. I have no idea what flavor tobacco I would match that with though, but my first attempt would be some iranian tombak (traditional tobacco) if I can get a hold of some.

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Dec 27 2006, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to start out by saying that I'm a long time reader, and first time poster. That said, has anyone experimented beyond ice, milk and juice and in base of a hookah? I'm talking about using spices, or salt, or the like?

well, i am not sure as to what effect salt water would have to the smoke. I have played around with lemon/orange chunks, and I didn't taste much of difference.. a liquid flavoring is the best way to go, imho.

You could take some really stong spices like ground cinnamon, and see how that goes.

oh god. dont try cinnamon. last christmas at the bar we thought that would be a good idea with some vanilla capp. not a good idea. trust me. there is pain involved.

lol yea i think cinnamon would probably sting just a wee bit XD defiently not something i plan to smoke anytime soon. Tried some juice from a can of peaches tonight, smoked starbuzz peach, oh god it made it even better, didnt think that was possible tongue.gif

QUOTE (camelflage @ Dec 28 2006, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh god. dont try cinnamon. last christmas at the bar we thought that would be a good idea with some vanilla capp. not a good idea. trust me. there is pain involved.

haha, what kind of pain? laugh.gif

VODKA! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (camelflage @ Dec 28 2006, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>