The Triple H (hand-held Hookah)

tingjunkie

No purge valve in this model. My Egyo hookah had a purge valve and I never saw the need for it (the only good thing was if some new guy tried blowing into it instead, it doesnt mess everything up). But it might be something we'll offer down the road (it would also give people the option of throwing on another hose, which would be sweet). Alternatively, you could mod it too, by drilling in a purge valve. One of the things we want to do is really encourage people to personalize their Hobo through modding it out.

Yea, its not the cheapest hookah on the market, but it is stainless, totally dishwasher safe (we boiled it in hot water and it was totally fine) and different than any other hookah out there. Makes for great conversation.

We have had a great response so far. We think we'll sell out of the first shipment before it even its the shores (August 3rd). Thanks for the welcome message Ting, excited to be here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For my 2 cents, a purge would be a nice feature for future models. But then again, I am a bit OCD with making sure the smoke doesn't linger in the chamber too long. biggrin.gif

The stainless is a great feature. To my knowledge, this is the only stainless stemmed hookah out there. Can't imagine why no one else hasn't done it before, but congrats on being the first! Smart move. wink.gif

What material is the hose made out of? Is it washable too? Edited by tingjunkie

You can buy stainless stemmed hookahs. Most of the really good hookah bars out there use those, but they are usually in the above $150 range. The interior pipe is really where it counts. I can run it under hot water for about 10mins and its just like new, no more old tobacco taste, no brushing.

Yea, I think the purge valve is an idea we'll play around with. We were thinking about doing a 2 hose model, and maybe have it be a dual use: 2nd hose or purge valve.

Thanks for your feedback, this is the kind of stuff we really like to know about. When we came up with the HoboHookah we just looked at what the most important things were to us with our hookahs. 1) We wanted something we could bring places easily/discretely. 2) Wanted something that cleans up easily (we rarely brushed ours out, just too much of a pain). 3) and of course smokes well/tastes good. We also threw in stuff like a screw on hose (the hose doesnt plug in, it screws on), which from our experience, was a pain when you pass the thing and the hose falls out. So, we are really excited to hear what people say and keep the product really dynamic.

I'm not sure of the exact rules on this forum regarding vendors and their products, but (if allowed) you should make a new thread in the main discussion section asking for feedback. This forum has a ton of really friendly, honest, and knowledgeable people. I'm sure you would get a ton of good feedback from some serious hookah afficianados! (Probably a few sales too!) wink.gif

Ok... TRY NUMBER TWO! Only minimal duct tape involved this time, and no cardboard! Used a looza bottle, rubber stopper, rubber tubing, tea ball, half of a door knob (didnt have a stainless steel funnel...), a rubber band, and some duct tape. I think thats it... I've used it a few tims, with various bases. The looza worked best by far. I've smoked X on the beach every time, and while I didn't like it at all at first, it's growing on me. I got some ok clouds, nothing special.

But it worked!

krazy- I'm shocked that Home Depot didn't have rubber stopper. It's a pretty basic thing. I would try some local hardware stores like True Value ore Ace. As far as the tubing, I think 1/4" should be fine.

ppshab- MUCH nicer than the first attempt! I don't get the point of the rubber band though. It looks like it is only holding the foil on? The foil should stay all by itself if you form it around the bowl. Is the rubber band there for another reason?

The folding top of the teaball keeps me from being able to wrap foil around the entire width of the bowl, so it is sort of loose. The rubber band just helped seal it. There was a noticeable difference flavor and smoke wise when I was using it.

Oh and by the way, smoked some golden AF strawberry out of it late last night with the brother on the back porch. Got GREAT clouds, and strong strong flavor. Good shisha, and I was working the heat management magic. Tasty! Edited by poopooshaboo

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, new to the forum, been reading over this thread and I gotta say, really good idea, I've been gathering some of the stuff (bit by bit, I'm not super involved in the project as I do have other stuff to do) and I want to bring up the epoxy issue again. I was actually thinking about using modeling plasticine to seal the teaball to the funnel (I keep it in the hookah bag in case the bowl has chipped or something, helps get a really air tight seal).

Just wondering what others thought about it, considering it's made to be baked (for hardening) and it's non toxic (although it does have a slight odor to it).

Oh, and for a rubber stopper, check out homemade wine and beer kit retailers, plenty of them. I'll post back once I'm all done making the thing (not a clue when that'll happen).

Welcome to the forum mude wink.gif

The plasticine (sp?) sounds alright to me, if you know for sure that it is non toxic. Does it say so on the package? Does it give a heat rating as well?

If this checks out, it could be better than the JB Weld that I used. Let us know some more info if you find it! And good luck with the project.

I should perhaps correct my prior post, as apparently this is oven-bake clay, not plasticine, and it says to bake the stuff at 275°F. I've never bothered checking the burning temperature of coals, so I'll have to perform a few experiments in regard. I'll get them done at some point over the rest of the summer and post the results here.

Just an update.. I now regularly use my HHH. It smokes better and better every time I use it, as I get the technique down. It's also sorta cool to be able to carry the hookah around at parties, and pass the entire thing rather than just the hose. I love it!

QUOTE (poopooshaboo @ Jul 22 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just an update.. I now regularly use my HHH. It smokes better and better every time I use it, as I get the technique down. It's also sorta cool to be able to carry the hookah around at parties, and pass the entire thing rather than just the hose. I love it!

Glad to hear someone is having a good time.

-H&S

• 2 weeks later...
I've made my own HHH recently out of common household type stuff. Haven't used it yet, but if it smokes nice I'll make a thread with instructions.

brandwood08: You put foil over your shisha, then coal on the foil, then the teaball is used as a cover for the coals. Edited by john_smith

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, very very new to the forum...

I must say that this is by far the nicest mini-handbuilt hookah I've seen so far... the ghetto looking ones aren't pleasing to me for the most part.... tongue.gif

I can imagine the ease of this (being a college student): this kind of hookah would be better to store (less chance of breaking, very small), easy to take with you.... it blows my effing mind.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (1siklebo @ Oct 15 2007, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im in australia and ive tried everywhere to find a tea ball thing and i cant anywhere what was the shop in ur area u found it in
or anyone in aussie that knows were to get it help

It's the COPCO Ultimo Tea Ball 5cm 1/2 & 1/2 model. See if this store will ship them to you.

• 2 weeks later...