Wisdom Teeth

ASUSEAN1

getting your wisdom teeth pulled sucks

its cool at first being under anestesia and waking up and you feel like your drunk

but then it starts to hurt like a bitch

so you take a bunch of vicoden which makes it nice again

but then it hurts and you cant eat any food that you want to eat (dairy products for 24 hours, popcorn, peanuts, chips, cookies)

soup sucks after u eat it a coyple of times

if this message doesnt make sensewell shit thats mr. vic talking.. hes a cool guy// cya in like a couple days cuz im jus gonna take it easy

Heh, I have a high tolerence to drugs and apparently the gas... when they gave me the gas to take mine out it took a long time to kick in... like long enough where they didn't believe that I was effected till they started working on me and it started hurting like hell. I had an awesome kinda-dream that featured old school mario and techno. I was a little groggy but not bad afterwords... pain pills really didn't make me loopy, just cut the pain and that's all I could ask for. Remember, take a break before smoking!

yea same here but 1 and 2 didnt really stop the pain but 3 sure as hell put me to sleep for a lil then i jus zoned in front of the tv awhile.. im going to bed.. peace everyone

I was resistant to pain reducers too. got them pulled out at 14 because they were sprouting extremely fast ( just that much wisdom hehe) . It took so much anesthesia for the first 2 that I needed to take another visit because the needed anesthesia for the other 2 would have been fatal tongue.gif

Just make sure you don't smoke man. My father smoked after getting his wisdoms out, and he got one...I've never seen a person hurt so damn much.

I need to get mine out VERY soon, but I'm worried about the pain reducers myself. I've had vicoden before, and it didn't work in the slightest. I took them back to the doctor (I didn't know how powerful the stuff was supposed to be) and told them they didn't work for me. He pretty much looked at me and said they should have knocked me right out. So I can't wait <_>

Military took all 4 of mine in basic. No 'gas', just numbed up. No pain killers, just ibuprophine, aka Tylenol... They were 'growing in funny' as he put it, so he had to cut/stitch my gums. Dentist told me.. Sleep on your back, of you sleep on one side that side will swell.

He was right, I looked like 1/2 a hampster. LOL!!!

Anyrate, 2 decades later, glad it was done.

Whatever you do listen to them about not eating. I had mine done in the morning and by evening I was left at home alone, drugged and feeling great so I went to my favorite local thai restraunt and ordered fried rice. BIG MISTAKE. Got all stuck in the cavity part, had to go back to the dentist and have it sucked out. Yeah I was dumb, but I was also drugged.

but I was also drugged.

And you are not now?
-ducking tossed monitor-

Yeah, rice is the worst. If you MUST eat, do the ice cream bit. Nothing with nuts/chunks.. I know, blows, but in a couple of days it'll be a memory. All you have to do is wait for it to heal a tad, not 100%, just enough that it's closed.. Then go hog wild..
-cheers-

Ahhh, i got to get mine done soon also. Pain killers suck, they are downers for me. I dont like to be lazy and sit on my ass all day. But, its better then feeling the pain. I hear it takes about 2 weeks to fully recover but im not too sure on that.

i'd say about 2 weeks for a full recovery is average.

i remember when i got mine out. i was knocked out and when i woke up, they told me not to stand up. i was all, im fine, and i tried to get up. i think i was standing for a total of 3 sec before i fell. luckily my dad caught me and carried me to the truck. but MAN did i feel good afterwards.

Bringing back memories....

Got all 4 of mine out @ once w/ Sodium Pentathol (20 yrs old)

Woke up crying & everyone was worried until I signaled for paper and wrote 'I feel fine but where are the dancing girls' ? biggrin.gif

1/2 hr later ran & caught the bus home w/ my G/F @ the time (Very nice & helpful soul, but only a memory from the distant past).

Went home, fell asleep holding her hand, woke up & followed directions, NO Complications biggrin.gif

I DID have a scab on the side of my mouth since they REALLY had to work to get them out (VERY hooked roots). Only hurt when I smiled ohmy.gif
IIRC had the stitches out about 10-14 days later so 2 weeks sounds right.

Hope all goes smoothly & happy new year. Edited by hookahmike