Acrylics (Odyssey, Artoo, Threepio)

Erica

Acrylic Hookah -Mya Saray

Standard Size, Standard Mya Bowl, Standard Mya Hose.

I have used a Mya Saray pipe for over two years and I must say that the quality is like no other. I have not had one problem with this pipe in the whole time I have had it. Although the first few times, I had to find out the correct water level, but after that it was home free. The draw on this particular hookah is amazing. There is not one other acrylic hookah that compares. I have tried three other acrylic hookahs and nothing draws or is as reliable as this one. This hookah is comparable to a top of the line Glass hookah, without the worry of dropping it and having it break. It is great for parties and it is actually what I use for my hookah business. Not only is the vase almost impossible to break, the stem is built to last. If for some reason something does happens to the stem, every part is replaceable unlike the common Egyptian pipes where nothing comes apart, and if it breaks you must then replaces the whole thing. The parts are easy to find and replace. The Egyptian pipes are hard to find a match for. This pipe also comes apart and you are able to put it in a case. Which is a huge plus. Taken care of properly this pipe is amazing and compares to no other acrylic pipe on the market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I currently own 3 hookahs, one being the MYA Acrylic. The screw on stem can be used with a rubber grommet to sit in MYA glass bases. So while I own 3 hookahs (qt, classic egyptian, mya 26 incher), I have 3 bases for my 26 inch MYA. Out of all my available options, I'll pick up my MYA Acrylic before any other. This hookah consistantly gives us the best experience... air tight pull, simple to clean, also extremely tough to break therefore you don't need to worry about how to handle it. I've smoked from a bunch of hookahs over the past year or so and to me, none.... compare to this. Some may not like the way it looks compared to glass hookahs but it really looks sharp ( I have chrome stem and silver base). Now, the stem's performance with my other MYA bases is comparable but again, convenience for travel and/or handling factors in to make the acrylic my favorite. I'm a huge fan of the screw on MYA stems with either the acrylic/bohemian bases. You just can't go wrong with these, they perform and look excellent.

Since I've finally had enough experience with various hookahs, I can finally give this one a rating.

9.5/10. Nothing is perfect, if there was there would be nothing else to look forward to. smile.gif

I own this hookah as well and think its just great. I used to have one from Israel that broke, and bought this one on a whim from a shop in town instead of hunting online. I own three hookahs as well (all three of them are Mya, the other two are glass "Aladdin" style I think its called and even better than this one, my favorites easily) but this one is definitely the best for the price, hands down. As mentioned, the pull really is air-tight and I have tried hookahs at bars, friends houses, gatherings, etc, but this was my second personal purchase and my first favorite. Graduating to Mya glass was one of the best investments I've ever made, but it all started with this. I also really love how it can come apart to transport easily, and this seems to be the case with all Mya products, at least from the catalog I browsed at the headshop. 10/10

I own an acrylic mya that I switched to a glass base. They are a great pipe and work fantastic, but mine has the aluminum center tube model and I find that part a bitch to clean and it keeps all the ash that falls into the pipe. Maybe the models shown in the pics are different since I havent tried that model.

• 4 weeks later...
This was the first hookah I ever had, the MYA Acrylic, and it has never failed me. Sometimes, when I'm driving around with friends, the urge to hookah hits us, and its convenient to grab the hookah from the trunk and be smoking in minutes. The way the base has those 'levels' makes it easy to know how much water in, every time. And its pretty easy to clean. Another cool part is I had the one-hose, and when I was thinking about buying a 2-hose hookah, my friend at the tobacco shop said I could use a $12 adapter to make the valve into a new hose opening. I've been doing this for a year now, and its cool because my not so hookah literate friends always forget to hold their hoses shut, and the adapter has a ball-bearing that does the job for them. Overall, very solid little hookah, great value [I think I paid $49?]

• 1 month later...
The mya Acyrilic was the first hookah i ever owned. I bought it from my local hookah lounge for 40$. I loved this hookah as it was easy to clean, easy to use, and very noob friendly!!!!

I reccomend this hookah for anyone who is interested in a first time hookah (or even vets... as i still use mine smile.gif ) I like it because i am a clutz and i'll drop it and it will be fine.

i love this hookah wink.gif mya is great!

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the Mya 17" acrylic mini several months ago from a local shop for $30 out the door with coals and 100 g of al amir. This was quite a deal since its msrp is $40.

This hookah is a great buy even if you pay full price because of its quality and how well it smokes. The mini has a very small chamber so hits are thick no matter how big of a bonehead you are. Its lines are very clean looking and the construction is pretty good. The hose is the wood tipped leather washable mya hose and the bowl is the standard mya. The only major thing i didnt like was that the tray is a little small so if you place a coal in the tray and take the bowl out to clean and repack it, then you might melt the gasket on top. One minor thing is the tight fit between the stem and the base. This might not seem bad, but in comparison to a glass mya i bought for a friend, the mini is more difficult to line the gasket up straight even though the have the same seal. The hookah comes with cheap tongs that cant hold a coal that well because they are small and super smooth but this is also only minor. My favorite parts about the hookah include its durability, the amount of draw on the hose (i have another hose that is a lot more difficult to pull on), and how small it packs away (easy to bring along). btw, its also very stable

I would recommend this hookah if youre not willing to drop $100. If you do buy it, I recommend getting another bowl because the standard mya is kind of small and deep.

heres a pic of it... the water is red because my starbuzz peach was leaking a little juice
click for a zoom

• 2 months later...
the hookah is alright...the construction of the hookah itself is cool, the vase however is a piece of shit.

just yesterday, my 3rd one started leaking. never getting another mya again.

• 1 month later...
I currently own 2 hookahs, one being the MYA Acrylic the other..well not the best and now the MYA Acrylic is all I smoke out of.

Some features pointed out by other reviewers;

The screw on stem can be used with a rubber grommet to sit in MYA glass bases incase down the line I want to upgrade the unit.

This hookah consistantly gives an air tight pull, simple to clean, also extremely tough to break (one of reasons why I bought this....have dog,cat, and small kids).

I have a chrome stem w/ capability of connecting 4 hoses (so far only connected 3 max and w/ the MYA auto sealers, all worked great) w/ purble base.

I did change the bowl to a small tangeersw/ scali mod because the standard bowl was too big when I smoked alone....would take me over 60minues to finish a bowl and sometimes, I do not have that kind of time.....

Compared to the other pipes I have smoked from, this one of the clear winner. It would be hard to improve it or expect a better smoke then from the Mya Acylic.

9.5/10. not sure how to improve it but there is always room to do so.

bought mine direct to Mya Saray out of Sterling VA

• 4 weeks later...
I recently received my Mya Acrylic from South Smoke. The 26" Cosmos. I love the size, just perfect for a hookah. Smokes SO free, its amazing!

I use a Tangiers medium phunnel with scalli mod, smoking Al Amir Kiwi and Layalina Watermelon. THICK clouds and smooth, cool smoke. Looks amazing too. Compliments left and right about its looks.

The only thing it could improve on is the common chamber is a bubble type shape and it could be a lot easier to clean. The downstem is an awesome length and the tiers in the base are perfect to tell how much water is needed. I love this thing to death!

Awesome build quality and awesome smoke. 9.9/10!!!! (Just wish the common chamber was easier to clean)

• 5 months later...
23" Mod Odyssey from Mya

I bought this hookah a couple of weeks ago to replace my Junior (19") after it broke during cleaning (brush was too large rolleyes.gif ).

The review:

Build: The base is made out of acrylic, which makes it virtually unbreakable to common mishaps (ex: dropping the base, cracking, etc.). It does still sweat, but not nearly as much as a glass base does. The base grommet screws into the acrylic base, making a very nice airtight seal. The stem is made out of stainless steel. It also has the ability to support up to four hoses, but I have mine setup for two. Overall, a very nice and practical design.

Looks: It'll set itself apart from others. The fact that the base is clear is very nice because I love seeing the smoke filter into the base.

Smoke Quality: So far I've gotten decent pulls, but no monsters yet. This is more due to the quality of tobacco I'm smoking right now (Al Waha) than anything else. I plan to upgrade my bowl to a medium phunnel with the Scalli mod, and also purchase some Starbuzz and Tangiers as well. I'll update later when the upgrades are complete.

Pull: It's very easy to pull smoke through. Even when I'm using the stock hose instead of my Nammor, it pulls like a champ.

Price Value: At $80 from hookah-shisha.com it was a very smart purchase. My Junior cost me that much at the local shop! The price is well worth paying.

Overall grade: 9.7/10 for the simple fact that I haven't really tested its full potential. I forsee a 10/10 in the near future. I'm extremely happy with my purchase! I will have pictures up soon.

• 7 months later...
great pipe. It's very sturdy, and the acrylic base means you don't have to worry that you'll break something. it hits very well, the only downside is the mya bowl, which I think is crap, but a phunneel is the way to go anyway. One other minor issue is that my first vase leaked, but h-s sent me another one for free.
Functionality: 10/10
durability: 9/10
smoke: 9/10

• 2 months later...
This is my favorite and first hookah. Every time I smoke from another hookah this is the one I compare it to. The first time i used it was new years eve in 2004 and it has being going strong ever since. The blue on the base has turned a light purple and I've had to replace at least 5 broken bowls but everything else is like new. Nothing hits as good as this hookah!

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (f22a4bandit @ Jan 23 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
23" Mod Odyssey from Mya

I bought this hookah a couple of weeks ago to replace my Junior (19") after it broke during cleaning (brush was too large rolleyes.gif ).

The review:

Build: The base is made out of acrylic, which makes it virtually unbreakable to common mishaps (ex: dropping the base, cracking, etc.). It does still sweat, but not nearly as much as a glass base does. The base grommet screws into the acrylic base, making a very nice airtight seal. The stem is made out of stainless steel. It also has the ability to support up to four hoses, but I have mine setup for two. Overall, a very nice and practical design.

Looks: It'll set itself apart from others. The fact that the base is clear is very nice because I love seeing the smoke filter into the base.

Smoke Quality: So far I've gotten decent pulls, but no monsters yet. This is more due to the quality of tobacco I'm smoking right now (Al Waha) than anything else. I plan to upgrade my bowl to a medium phunnel with the Scalli mod, and also purchase some Starbuzz and Tangiers as well. I'll update later when the upgrades are complete.

Pull: It's very easy to pull smoke through. Even when I'm using the stock hose instead of my Nammor, it pulls like a champ.

Price Value: At $80 from hookah-shisha.com it was a very smart purchase. My Junior cost me that much at the local shop! The price is well worth paying.

Overall grade: 9.7/10 for the simple fact that I haven't really tested its full potential. I forsee a 10/10 in the near future. I'm extremely happy with my purchase! I will have pictures up soon.

*Update*

I'm still extremely satisfied with my purchase decision. I'm getting absolute monster pulls from this puppy. It is very easy to clean (lemon juice, baking soda, water and shake or let soak). My friends love it, as do I. So now the grand total is...........11/10.