Hookah Bliss Part 1

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok..after some last minute glitches..we have an agreement on paper..actually 4 different fricking documents....We are contacting the land lady tomorrow and hope to have stuff signed early next week.

when that happens.... cool.gif

Take note ll you future cafe/bar owners...

We now have a LAWYER (i hate lawyers) reviewing the agreements. He will get back to us wed or thursday, THEN we can meet with the landlady...*sigh*

She's already expressed a will;ingness to sign it over to me so no worries there....

Im now washing my tranquilizers down with coffee....jittery zombie... huh.gif

well, considered I used a rather sophisticated, widely known , legal business package by quicken I suspect the forms are in order, but the seller wanted a review..so wtf....never hurts I guess..there goes another few hundred bucks. huh.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 27 2007, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, considered I used a rather sophisticated, widely known , legal business package by quicken I suspect the forms are in order, but the seller wanted a review..so wtf....never hurts I guess..there goes another few hundred bucks. huh.gif

Yeah, that sucks. But, you know how it goes, better safe than sorry. I hate lawyers, so I feel your angst.

Well... I can't honestly say I hate lawyers. My family has lived in the same house since the 1930's, so it was owned under my grandma's name. She had a stroke/alzheimer's and was unable to pay bills or anything for years (not to mention not having a huge source of income). We started looking at pre-fabricated houses, a heartbreaking process, but as a last ditch effort we hired a lawyer to prove that without my parents' financial and residential support my grandma would have lost the house years ago. We won, and got to keep our historic lakeshore farm home biggrin.gif Gee, I wonder why I don't move out... *ponder*

When lawyers are good, they're very good. When they're bad, they're horrible, I guess.

Ya. I know lawyers have their place. Just hate spending more money than I'm already going to be spending you know?

Latest word is that things are going to get interesting. The deposit is a little more than the land lady originally mentioned it was going to be, plus she doesn't want to give even a month of upfit time..which means i'll have to pay the rent on the spot when we sign..thats 2 grand of my cash reserve i didn't think I'd have to spend..this is going to get fun boys and girls. sad.gif

well mush. Good luck to you. I thought of opening my own hookah cafe but being 22 years old, living in the bible belt of north fla, and not having any real equity in anything, i'm kinda screwed.

I hope that everything turns out ok and that it goes a little bit more smoothly for you.