Hookahs at the Mall

QUOTE (girlgeek @ Dec 11 2006, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is JohnT's still open? Sis swore up and down that it closed.

Yeah they still are open.. I am actually going there to buy my girlfriend a hoohka for christmas today. (I'm not sure whether or not she is going hardcore, so I figure small like $40 hoohka will suffice to she if she really likes it, then I'll spend the cash on a real egyptian or something)

i live in so. cal near ontario mills...i havn't been in a while but this gives me a reason to check it out. I've seen the store but i think i thought it was all about cigars and such...I don't mind if hookahs become trendy...the more available things are the better.

I'm not sure if hookahs will ever be as main-stream or long-standing as cigarettes or cigars are, if they do become popular I'm sure it'll only be a trendy thing for a short time. But I'm not psychic so I can't say for sure.

My city has a considerably large Middle Eastern (mostly Lebanese) community and there was one really Middle Eastern market right down the street from the Sephardic Temple that used to carry hookahs, but I'm not sure what company made them; tobacco (I'm pretty sure the only brand they carried was Nakhla), and such; but they no longer carry hookah-related stuff. I haven't really looked into all of the local smoke shops, but the ones that I have cheked out only carry cigars and pipe tobacco.

QUOTE (40thieves @ Dec 11 2006, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So these kiosks and stores in the mall... what do they do about age restrictions for smoking accessories. +18??

Good question bro. I have never bought anything from them. But I would assume they card people. At least I hope they do, Ill have to test it out. But I am not a Nakhla person, hmm Ill just pick some up for my cousin.

My first hookah was purchased from spencers. It was a glass one, and I think It was Mya but I cannot be certain. It was able to hose multiple hoses but when I went back the get the assessories they stopped carrying them.