Hookahs at the Mall

I was at a giant mall today, for those of you in southern california you probably know it Ontario Mills. A store in there had hookahs, tobacco and plenty of accesories. It doesn't bother me at all, but it does suprise me hookahs in a mall. Looks like hookah is a whole lot more mainstream then I tought. The store also seemed to have decent prices from first glance (MYA QT was under $50). I didn't price check anything else. Anyone else see hookahs at the mall or been to this store before?

I live around Dallas, Texas. Theres a place called Earthbound Trading Company that just recently started to sell hookahs, and tobacco. There's a decent selection of them but they only sale romman tobacco. It has started to become mainstream but for all the wrong reasons.

What was the stores name?

Up here, 'Spencer's Gifts' started to carry hookahs for a little bit, but stopped because of some corporate trouble the hookahs caused. Can't remember exactly. But yeah they sold chinsy Mya hookahs, hoses and bowls.

i talked to my sister the other day, & she said that she saw them on display on one of those middle cart vendor thingys (wutever tongue.gif) walkin through Tracy Mall (NorCal). she talked to the seller, & he told her that she had to order them through his catalog. She said that the catalog had some nice ones...& even some that were supposedly 5ft tall. blink.gif He told her that he was being harrassed by mall security cause they thought he was selling NHT pipes laugh.gif

QUOTE (yashman19 @ Dec 11 2006, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What was the stores name?

Up here, 'Spencer's Gifts' started to carry hookahs for a little bit, but stopped because of some corporate trouble the hookahs caused. Can't remember exactly. But yeah they sold chinsy Mya hookahs, hoses and bowls.

Pretty sure it was David's Gifts and Tobacco, not positive though.

yea i remember spencer's used to sell hookahs. but john t's at newpark mall for you bay area folks sells chinese junior hookahs, al waha 50g packs and hookah hookah tubs. they also sell quick lights not sure of the brand but i know its not 3 kings

QUOTE (xpimpitox @ Dec 10 2006, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea i remember spencer's used to sell hookahs. but john t's at newpark mall for you bay area folks sells chinese junior hookahs, al waha 50g packs and hookah hookah tubs. they also sell quick lights not sure of the brand but i know its not 3 kings

i was gonna hit up john t's today to pick up a new torch lighter. things came up though, so i'll probably go tomorrow. been wanting to try some hookah hookah butterscotch so that's some useful nfo. thnx!

In some of the mall around Pittsburgh, there are a few cigar shops that sell MYA hookahs (glass mainly) and Romman tobacco. Interesting, but some of the stuff was over priced, most on par thou. There is also a few hookah lounges and 1 shop just devoted to hookah around here.

I used to work in the SunValley Mall in Concord, Ca and Spencers Gifts sold MYA Acrylics, and John T's gifts also sold some hookahs (unknown brand to me) and a few al waha packs.
Its never going to be "mainstream" like smoking cigs/NHT is, but it will always be around

QUOTE (xpimpitox @ Dec 11 2006, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is JohnT's still open? Sis swore up and down that it closed.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Dec 11 2006, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The malls in Cincinnati have tobacco stores called Tinderbox. They have hookahs as well, but no myas.

Tacoma mall has a Tinderbox as well. Last time I was there they had 3 MYA QT's on display. Grey, Green & Purple. They also carry AW, HH, Nahkla & Fantasia.

Just wait, you think hookahs are gettin popular fast now? wait till it hits a certain point, once it really hits mainstream, the amount of smokers are going to skyrocket, and ill be singing, skyrockets in flight, afternoon delight XD for no damn reason

Its gonna rock though, maybe every city will have its own corner hookah store XD

My Spencer's Gifts use to sell Hookahs. My local cigar bar has hookahs for sale and for use. In Milwaukee we have a nice little louge called 2Sweet, they sell hookahs and shisha. Also, there are a couple Middle Eastern stores who sell hookahs and shisha.

i agree, you guys are very lucky. in my part of florida there are no stores or lounges that sell any kind of hookah stuff. the closest lounge is about 2 1/2 hours away in miami and the traffic getting there and in miami is just not worth it.

I remember Spencers having them too. It was the first place that I had seen them other than online before. I was getting ready to buy one, then they were gone. Thats interesting though Yash, I want to look up what happaned there.

QUOTE ([LB] @ Dec 11 2006, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no it was definently spencers gifts that carried hookahs, im positive. They stopped carrying them for some reason

Spencers used to. I was at Ontario Mills yesterday and the store was not Spencers and it was still carrying hookahs. It was "Something gifts and tobacco", so I googled it and the only store with the words gift and tobacco was Davids. It might be new as I've only been to Ontario Mills once before, but they had hookahs in stock. The tobacco they had was Havana and Hookah Hookah, along with coal whose name i didn't reconize in quick light and silver coated.

QUOTE (40thieves @ Dec 11 2006, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So these kiosks and stores in the mall... what do they do about age restrictions for smoking accessories. +18??

At the store I went to, defenitly. It was 18+ for purchases but since it had gifts there were younger kids running around looking with their family.