diffuser

shadow

soz, i'm kinda new at the hooka thing, but i was wanting to experement with making a diffuser.... so was wandering if anyone could shoot me a few ideas as to how one would be easily made, without chopping holes in my stem?

thanks

shadow :smoke:

cheers majoru, found that one already, and already did a search as i would not be posting this thread wink.gif by the looks of it that hummingbird thing really didnt do a whole lot... and i'm looking for somthing that will quite it down quite a bit..

shadow :smoke:

Depends on how much clearance you have between the stem and the bottom of the base... The most successful diffuser that I've made has been with a platic hose tip. Just poke a ton of holes in it using heated metal and fit it on over the bottom of the stem... Or cheese cloth might work

anything that causes it to release lots of little bubbles instead of a few big bubble

most successful ive heard have been to find a plastic pen cap that fits snuggly into your downstem, heat a paperclip with a lighter or candle or such, and poke holes all over it. i found when i did this it did quiet it down quite a bit... but i didnt like that. i like the sound of the bubbles. besides thats about all the diffuser does, doesnt really cool the smoke much (maybe a tad) or make it an smoother ive found.

i have a good several inches of clearing between the stem and the bottom of the base... so that's not really an issue, however i haven't found anything yet that fits nicely into the stem. though i have yet to try a mouthpiece... i'll get on that real fast and respond with results asap...

OOOOH, so my poor widdle hummingbird diffuser aint good enough eh??? :Sob:

Seriously though, I think it works well enough. BUT I do have another diffuser, that does make things silent. I made the hummingbird one becasue it works and keeps it nice and bubbly.

All I did was take a small piece of hose, and hot glue a chapstick cap onto the end. I then fitted the hose onto the stem, and superheated a needle, poking about 32 tiny holes throughout the hosing. It worked well enough but the silence was maddening after two sessions.

• 1 month later...
go to a flower shop, any kind of floruist will do, and pick up one of those plastic tubes they fill with water to put on the ends of roses and just get one, should cost you about a nickle, heat up a small nail or a tack and jab in a bunch of holes, and slide it on the end of your stem. or tape it on, should work good biggrin.gif

Back when i was into aquariums I made a diffuser for the aeration hose by covering the opening with a single layer of my gf's used sheer pantyhose. Formed a small sac and held in place with a rubber band, it made lots of tiny, tiny bubbles. Might work with a hookah.