2012 Prophecies

Just wondering what you guys think about this. Astronomers and the aztec predict the apocolypse is going to happen on 2012 (or is it 2010? someone should correct me if i am wrong about any of this information) I myself am a believer in astronomy and the aztecs were pretty smart about their stuff too. The Apocolypse may not be the world ending, but a new beginning. Perhaps we will evolve? I think its very possible, the world is getting warmer, humans and all living kinds will have to adapt to this if it continues. My mind has some pretty far stretched ideas but Im curious to see what you guys think before i post more.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I saw an astrophysician on TV and he was talking about an enormous meteorite that would come close to Earth ( 1/10 the distance to the moon) and if it was pulled by the gravity of the planet , it would come back like 8 years later and hit the Earth straight on. Would probably be like the Yucatan meteorite that owned the dinosaurs. I think he mentionned a date around 2010-12 for when it would come the first time tongue.gif

But they say they're going to kill the thing Armageddon style if the worst-case scenario happens.

damn... we dont have much time then. so how are you going to prepare for the apocalypse. (i thought their last prophecy as to the end of the world happened a few years ago. guess the checked the figures again.)

its always nice to find believers in astrology... not easy to believe that much bs. i commend you

Heheh.... we must have been watching the same program last night.

I think they mentioned that the 2012 date was mentioned by other seers and whatnot.

I dont mind.. we are screwing the planet up enough... its about time for a changing of the gaurd....

Who knows..... we ,ight get wiped out and alley cats that feased on our bloated bodies may one day evolve an opposable thumb and develope cell phones and iPod's too.

Well astrology is strange. Just for shits n giggles- if you have the time try getting your birth chart done. go to this website www.astro.net and enter your birth date, what time you were born, etc. then It will show you where all of the planets were aligned when you were born. There is a general interpritation but when you read it to yourself it clicks. Every person that i shown this too admits that it is relativley correct. traces of Astrology and its practices has been around forever.

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude)
do you mean astrology? because im pretty sure astronomers (actual scientists) dont predict the end of the world in 6 years. astrologers(mystics and zodiak guys) do.

Ah yes, I do. thanks for correcting me. Study of the stars and such.. closely related.

thats because the information is very very general to the point that anyone no matter what their birth "sign" was could find something in there. the mind wants to see answers and will invent them for itself. if it says "you are outgoing" even if you arent at all you will probably think yeah id like to be more outgoing wow this is accurate.

people who are desperate for an answer will make their own if you give them a nudge, it doesnt even have to be a good nudge.
try it yourself. go type in the wrong date and time of your birth. guess what. that one seems to fit you as well as your own did. its not "amazing how accurate it is" its amazing how accurate you want it to be.

just like people who believe in prayer, when astrology predicts something that comes true its proof that its right. when it predicts something that doesnt come true it isnt counted as counterproof. just like prayer, when someone prays their entire life but none of them ever come true, then all of a sudden one does. they believe that prayer must work. its stupid.

Astrology is a group of systems, traditions, and beliefs in which knowledge of the relative positions of celestial bodies and related information is held to be useful in understanding, interpreting, and organizing knowledge about personality, human affairs, and other terrestrial events

Astronomy is the science of celestial objects (e.g., stars, planets, comets, and galaxies) and phenomena that originate outside the Earth's atmosphere (e.g., auroras and cosmic background radiation). It is concerned with the evolution, physics, chemistry, meteorology,and motion of celestial objects, as well as the formation and development of the universe.

Wikipedia saves the day.

Hah yeah , something about Jesus being born another date... anyways , time to get stocked up on canned food and build a nuclear bunker in our backyard. Also , get a couple cases from steve and about 25 boxes of coals and you should be set to survive happily !

that may be true dizzy... but THIS time...

astrology has also done it quite a few times. one of the things (aside from the generally ludicrous nature of the belief systems. mars ecclipsing jupiter doesnt do jack to me no matter what house its in) that makes it less that reliable imo.

i just saw a history channel special on the aztecs. the reason they predicted the year 2011 (i believe), is because thats where their complicated and very thorough calendar ends. something like every 52 years, come cataclysmic event will reshape the way the next 52 years will be, and theyve all been predicted (and what do you know, through a process i call "mad libbing", where someone predicts something vague and full of holes, and when the times comes, we get to fill in the blanks and re-affirm it!). at the year 2011, will be some ultimate cataclysm to end all cataclysms... so the aztecs believed. lets not forget they also performed human sacrifices. everyone has bene predicting the end of the word (mr. precious nostradamus predicted 1999) because everyone wants to see it. as humans, we have to have a beginning and an end. it is psychologically satisfying to humans (ever eaten a candy bar, and then something happened to the last bite? you feel cheated, dont you?), so naturally we have to come up with some story about the beginning and an end, like a really long sitcom, but without the laugh track.

2011 , or 2012 , whatever it is , will be the biggest global dissapointement since year 2000

* Re-Enactment*
10...9...8..*cheers*..7...6..5..*cheers*..4..3.*Omg Y2K here we come !,*.2..1..

And... nothing happened , no exploding televisions , no computer rising to destroy the world , no planes crashing, no nuclear warheads going out of the silo on their own... it was lame sad.gif