Building a Custom Hookah (NEED HELP)

Rob

Okay My Fumari has given up the ghost, and Im kinda wanting to make my own hookah (even though I know buying one is cheaper sometimes)

I was wondering if this would work, or there are certain things that have to be followed..

I am going to have some sort of glass base of course, not sure how to go about finding JUST the part where the hoses attach (the bell). All the ones ive seen are already attached to the stem.. Anybody know where to find those separately? Also, I want to make this one 3 hose - now if knowledge serves me well, you have to keep your hoses plugged if you arent smoking at the second or the smoke will seep out right? if this is true, can I make some valves that go on each hose attachment? My 1 hose fumari has a one way valve, so if I have 3 hoses attached should I still have that 1 way valve (to clear the base if needed)

as for a custom stem I have a pretty neat candle holder I plan to hollow out and fit a stainless steel tube down it and glue or something, it to the "bell" where the hoses/valves are, and to the coal tray.

I need help with the 'bell' questions, so please help!

thanks! ill post pictures as it progresses...

or otherwsie known as "the Heart"

Sounds to me like you are going to make an auto-seal system.

There are fittings with check orifices at Home depot you could use. I think HookahCompany sells the hose connections for the auto-seal......

You are faced with finding a check valve fitting of the same diameter and TPI as the hose connection.... then you have to drill and tap your "heart" for the fittings.

QUOTE (Lakemonster)
or otherwsie known as "the Heart"

Sounds to me like you are going to make an auto-seal system.

There are fittings with check orifices at Home depot you could use. I think HookahCompany sells the hose connections for the auto-seal......

You are faced with finding a check valve fitting of the same diameter and TPI as the hose connection.... then you have to drill and tap your "heart" for the fittings.

Im not worried about finding diameter fitted parts, and drilling.. i have tools and have a biiig shop at work for that stuff.. but where can i find parts/valves... i need like a 'how to build a hookah' book or tutorial...