Taru Review

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Taru. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Taru(flavour)

• 2 months later...
Taru Apple

Hahaha. This crap is bad garbage poo poo stuff.

It's expensive ($20 CAD) for 50g at my local store... hooray.

This is the worst crap ever. I only got it cuz i ran out just before a party. Its dry like dust. No flavor. Thin smoke. Just awful.

Never get this or you will regret it. Edited by Akkbar

• 4 weeks later...
apple, grape, cantaloupe, mango, mint...

this is the only shisha sold in the local tobacco store in my town (for around 5 bucks)...

this stuff is absolutely disgusting. weak smoke, no flavour, and barely any smell. it's all the same with the exception of the mint which just burns...

Do Not Buy This Brand. i'm throwing mine away as we speak... (what a waste of money...! angry.gif )

• 2 months later...
i dont know why you all are getting crappy tobacco. at the shops i go to, taru is by far the best tasting, wettest shisha on the shelves. thickest smoke, lasts for a while too, i usually have to throw another half coal on after the 1 1/2 i started with. the grape and watermelon i would highly recommend.

coconut. let me say, de-fuckin-licious. the smoke was thicker than the grape but that could be because it was so dripping wet. i knocked some out of the bowl on the floor and practically had to grab a mop! just further proof that this brand kicks ass. nice buzz, just a little finer cut than most brands. i still cant figure out why you all get crappy taru.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (blacklabelqlewis @ Jun 25 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coconut. let me say, de-fuckin-licious. the smoke was thicker than the grape but that could be because it was so dripping wet. i knocked some out of the bowl on the floor and practically had to grab a mop! just further proof that this brand kicks ass. nice buzz, just a little finer cut than most brands. i still cant figure out why you all get crappy taru.

I agree. Taru is some of the best shisha I have tried. The coconut has great flavor and no long stems and very moist. Lots of smoke and easy to manage.

• 10 months later...
I've tried both Coconut and Cherry Taru now and I like and dislike a few things about both of them. And it's hard for me to really describe it, but I give it a 5/10. I like it but it's not my favorite. The flavors are definitely interesting and the smoke is pretty good. I think it's pretty high in nicotine though.

• 5 months later...
Taru Maple Syrup

Expensive, relative to other brands
Soaking wet and sticky, so kind of hard to deal with.
Flavor was ok, but did not tast like maple at all. very sweet with a very pungent, sweet odor
Easy to get going, lots of nice, white smoke, burns for a long time.
Overall, this brand seems pretty good if you have plenty of money to spend, but I wouldn't buy this particular flavor again. Edited by Ottoman

• 3 months later...
Taru Mint

Hookah: Mya Nou Nou
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Grand Washable
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut a few stems, Dark and Sticky
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Natural Mint and Menthol
Taste: Just like it smells
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Huge
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Purchased From: Trade from K1024

Overall: 9/10 This is a fabulous mint like a blend of Romman and Tangiers Mint. Top Notch. I can't believe an online retailer has picked this brand up! Wish I could find someplace to get some more. I have a couple more flavors. I just hope they stand up to this one!

Taru Watermelon

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Hose: Nammor Hose

Smell: Slight Watermelon Smell
Taste: Mild Natural Watermelon Taste with a hint of sweet

Overall: 8/10 This isn't the best watermelon out there but it's close. It's a sweeter natural watermelon taste. Not quite full natural taste but not very candyish either. A nice blend perfect for those that find Al Fakher to candyish.

Taru Grape

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Hose: Nammor Hose

Smell: Grape
Taste: Sweet Artificial Grape Taste

Overall: 7/10 Dead on ringer for Al Fakher Grape. Good but not great. After having Tangiers White Grape and Al Masah Grape, nothing else seems to taste as good.

• 7 months later...
[b]Taru Blueberry[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] MZ Sirius
[b]Bowl:[/b] Hemi clay
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds HD
[b]Hose: [/b]SS washable
[b]Coals: [/b]100% natural hickory coals
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Thin cut, pretty wet
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Not so great smell, kinda like a grape cough syrup smell
[b]Taste: [/b]Smooth blueberry taste
[b]Smoke:[/b] Decent smoke, not the thickest though
[b]Buzz: [/b]Medium
[b]Duration:[/b] 1.5 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Local tobacco shop, came in a skoal like can, 40g for $2.50
[b]Overall:[/b] 7/10, nice smoke but has a weird smell, good smoke overall though