Alternative to coals? I have no quick-lights, need hookah!

why not just go outside with a blowtorch
burn down an entire tree
and then chip away at it when you need coals?

just make sure its a dead tree first.
its hard to burn a live one down
besides... its just wrong to burn now live trees

In theory, using coals of burning tree would work....

there is an issue about what tree you use..... not all trees are well suited for that, they contain high levels of chemicals or single harmful elements.

You can rule out evergreens.

Maybe hickory or some reaaaaallllllyyy seasoned oak. Scalli used Mesquite at one point.

Hey. what about coconut hulls?

QUOTE (Tobes)
does any one know how to make it so my last post would show up as a quote? dont want to take any credit from GhostofDavid.

You need to do:
CODE
[quote=name]text[/quote]

• 3 months later...
I ran out of coals too and the shops closed because of snow storm. So I fired up some kingsfords for half an hour to get them real hot. Was able to actually get some decent non-coal tasting smoke for a minute or two. But kingsfords ash way too much and smothers itself. I'm having to switch to a new piece every minute or so. Then I got lazy and tried just ashing an old coal and blowing to get it hot again. Needless to say, I've got my little hookah fix for now, but also feel a little nauseous. Also, I died. Edited by zoddi

yeah, pure charcoal just made from straight wood should be alright, ive dont it before out of a fire pit during the summer, mightve been the wood I was using but it was pretty gross. tasted like moss. but i figure if you have a good clean dry piece of would it should work. Hookah historians: what did people smoke with back in 1500 anyways? i'm guessing just plain woodcoals.

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Dec 1 2006, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT. You will die, CO is no joke. BBQ briquettes will KILL you. DEAD FACE :shock:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HOLY CRAP THIS MADE ME LAUGH SOOOOO HARD! "dead face" ahahahahahhahahha

yeah.. like Mr. Mackey would say "Smoking kingford coals are bad........mmmmk"?

lol

to quote darth hookah
"one time, in my hookah i tried smoking three year old pipe tobacco using some charcoal briquettes and this thick blak smoke came out. also, this nasty black gunk started dripping from my nose. "