Alternative to coals? I have no quick-lights, need hookah!

i hear kingsman charcoal works pretty good, you know the stuff you light a barbecue with.. haha just messing, DONT do tht. Um sorry no adivce here besides drive to the local tobacco shop and hope they sell hookah supplies

1. read the warning label on the bag
2. co2 levels are higher so you might get co2 poisoning
3. when you barbeque you arn't directly inhaling the smoke
4. atleast you asked before you tried it :wink: use the search function and search kingsman coals or is it okay to use barbecue coals and you should find a old thread

edit: i mean CO: carbon monoxide

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1)
1. read the warning label on the bag
2. co2 levels are higher so you might get co2 poisoning
3. when you barbeque you arn't directly inhaling the smoke  
4. atleast you asked before you tried it :wink: use the search function and search kingsman coals or is it okay to use barbecue coals and you should find a old thread

Agreed completly. You'll find in the threads that a person who tried to use Kingmans got really sick, head ache etc. Yes there is a small amount of CO that gets into your food, but your not inhaling your burgers at least literally.

EDIT: CO not CO2, thanks web250.

kinda hard to buy em in small quantityl, but natural wood charcoal for BBQing should work. it HAS to be all natural though. NO briquettes of any kind. Most stores that sell BBQ stuff now shoudl have bags of pure hardwood charcoal. You might have to buy 20 lbs of it though. My suggestion, wait til tomorrow when you can get real coals. Kill yourself slowly by smoking hookah rather than quickly with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Ive used kingsford BBQ coals. Probably not the best Idea, but I thought it was ok. Iwas trying to use them as a cheap alternative to regular hookah coals.

They have a bit stronger coal flavor but that disappears after a few minutes presumeably after you get used to the flavor. I wouldn't recommend it as a regular option but if you are really desperate coals are coals. I am however pretty certain they are no where near as pure as hookah coals. I think most coals add material to help increase flavor for BBQing.

QUOTE (cypherkk)
Ive used kingsford BBQ coals.  Probably not the best Idea, but I thought it was ok. Iwas trying to use  them as a cheap alternative to regular hookah coals.

They have a bit stronger coal flavor but that disappears after a few minutes presumeably after  you get used to the flavor.  I wouldn't recommend it as a regular option but if  you are really desperate coals are coals.  I am however pretty certain they are no where near as pure as hookah coals.  I think most coals add material to help increase flavor for BBQing.

Excuse my french but:

you, my friend, are extremely dumb...
BBQ Briquettes have huge amounts of CO in them, filling your lungs with CO that frequently in quantities that big is probably deadly and would most likely cause serious brain damage...

but who am i to talk?
i smoke household objects when I'm out of shisha...

QUOTE (Yonatan)
QUOTE (cypherkk)
Ive used kingsford BBQ coals.  Probably not the best Idea, but I thought it was ok. Iwas trying to use  them as a cheap alternative to regular hookah coals.

They have a bit stronger coal flavor but that disappears after a few minutes presumeably after  you get used to the flavor.  I wouldn't recommend it as a regular option but if  you are really desperate coals are coals.  I am however pretty certain they are no where near as pure as hookah coals.  I think most coals add material to help increase flavor for BBQing.

Excuse my french but:

BBQ Briquettes have huge amounts of CO in them, filling your lungs with CO that frequently in quantities that big is probably deadly and would most likely cause serious brain damage...

but who am i to talk?

^Listen to him^, he's a good shit.

QUOTE (Yonatan)
QUOTE (cypherkk)

Excuse my french but:
but who am i to talk?

How about that was way to soft. It needs to be more like this.

YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT. You will die, CO is no joke. BBQ briquettes will KILL you. DEAD FACE :shock:

o_o Wow, thats pretty good. Damn.

You can use BBQ coals, but only if they are of the natural type. Thats means they have no chemicals, and are more likly hardened chunks of wood...I contemplating buying a bag soon.

QUOTE (Scheetz)
QUOTE (Yonatan)
QUOTE (cypherkk)

Excuse my french but:
but who am i to talk?

How about that was way to soft. It needs to be more like this.

YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT. You will die, CO is no joke. BBQ briquettes will KILL you. DEAD FACE :shock:

yea i would have said tht but all i need is to be banned off this forum again

Build a firepit.

Dump in logs and only logs.

Burn logs.

When logs are falling into hot coals, take coals out, and use for hookah. That would work, wouldn't it? I don't know.

_________________[/quote]

good idea!!!!actually if you do need to smoke hookah but you have no way to get coals, this DOES SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA, it may not work well for a long session, but i think that wood coals, before they become embers may work, hahaha, or at least that is the most logical idea ive heard so far.