The Tsunamis

Ghaleon

This is a thread to discuss the tsunami's that have recently ravaged
southeast Asia.  What do you think about the international
response?  While you're browsing I'd encourage you to help out and
[url="https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp"]donate some money.[/url]

It is tragic.  But I think the international response has been
very encouraging.  I'm glad that the States has finally ditched
the illusion that we can somehow detach ourselves from the world around
us...and check it out,[url="http://www.doctorswithoutborders-usa.org/donate/"]doctors without borders
has actually requested that people stop donating to the tsunami
vicitms; that they have all they need and there are other things to do
with the money.[/url]

its hard to find words for what had happend myself is missing two friends in thailand and the swedish goverment wont let out the names of missing people beacuse some stupid law the only thing we know is that around 700 swedes is missing only 15 persons had been identified so far
and the mostly persons come from stockholm and other major cities here so many people knows sombody thats missing its really tragic but when you think of the people in sri lanka and malaysia what can you say - its sad that things like this must happen to get people and goverments around the world to lend a helping hand to them who in need

There is an old Arabic phrase for this; ma'sha'allah-God's will be done, or according to God's will. It means that everything happens for a reason, it's all written on a cosmic level. Everything, even a bug you step on, has a purpose, and divine reason for being, according to a divine plan. It's a key part of Islamic understanding, dominant in Indonesia. The idea that if God wants someone, God will take that person, to interupt that is messing with divine will (I hate to say this, but its almost like"Final Destination", it can't be stopped, it's also why Arab Orthodox and Oriental christians are pacifists.). Oriental Christians say that all is corrupt, the world and the water is fallen from grace and is able to swallow people and destroy life. his is related to the understanding that "when the creator suffers, the creation suffers", the explanation for the darkness durring the crucifiction, not talked about much in the west, but something to think about.

• 3 weeks later...