Once again, thanks to HookahLife for the free stuff smile.gif

Smileys Sexy Anis Apple W/ Hookah Juice Caramel: (hookahjuice suggest caramel apple as a good mix)

Setup: Mya Bohemian Two Hose, Medium Tangiers Funnel W/ Glass Mod, Water + Caramel Hookah Juice, Smileys Sexy Anis Apple Shisha, 4 Japanese EasyLights.

Smell (shisha): Very light hint of apple, almost like apple cider.

Cut: Very wet, medium cut orange leaves, fewer stems than our batch of raspberry.

Smoke: Very thick smoke, everyone loved blowing rings with this stuff.

Flavor: Meh. Hint of apple, lots of caramel from the base, but nowhere near as strong as my AF apple or any other apple ive tried.

Longevity: We only smoked it through one set of coals (pretty unimpressed as a group), but there was plenty of unburned stuff and it was still going strong. Requires a good amount of heat.

Overall: I'd say 10/10 on smoke, 5/10 on flavor, and 7 overall. We'll have to try some of his more flavorfull shisha, but as of now nothing i'd pay even standard prices for.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smiley Snack - Orange

Shisha Cut: courser than old Smiley's, similar to AW in cut and stemage. Not as drippy as before but still moist.

Hookah Type: 17" Modern

Duration: 1 hour

Bowl: clay standard

Foil / Screen: foil

Coal / Amount: started w/ 1.5" Dynamite finger, added 2 JST – removed 1 piece after 15-20 minutes.

Smoke: thick

Buzz: at first (25-30 min) was good and buzzing. Then stopped completely, even with massive drags – nothing.

Smell / Flavor: Smell was fresh oranges, not candish or sweet. Very tasty smelling and made my mouth water. Taste: at first, (25-35) mins it was nice mellow true Orange tasting. After that point the taste slowly went down hill, acquiring a bitter taste. After 45min it reminded me of Nahkla Orange, but still got even more bitter. Taste started going "burnt" about 55-60 mins, where I stopped.

Rating (1 to 10): 4.5-5 for taste, 8.5 for smoke

When I received the sample, I checked out the packaging. Plastic over-wrap, cardboard inner, with a "seal-a-meal" bag inside of shisha. No leaks. Has standard smoking warning inside with weight and Tar/Nic amounts.

Also states: Don't be Sqaure, Be Smiley! Smiley's is the ONLY American Based Shisha! The Legend of Smiley Begins TODAY!

Weighed the bag before and after opening - .5oz of shisha (Google says .529oz is 15g), so it true to the amount. Sliced open bag and was greeted by fresh squeezed Orange smell. Nice – not candy, true fruit.

Shisha itself

Shisha cut was different than previous shisha – rougher, similar to Al Waha, with med to light amount of stems. Wasn't nearly as drippy as before – was moist & slightly sticky. Wet moist, but not as bad as Hookah-Hookah.

Bowl Packed

Packed bowl and used foil – 3 rings of holes. Started with a 1.5" of natural wood finger (Dynamite) but after 5 min, lit 2 Japanese Silver tabs to add to bowl. Took 11 min w/ windcover to produce smoke, taste started 1 min after.

Taste was that of a fresh Orange, true fruit not over sweet. Very nice.

After 25-35 mins, shisha picked up a bitter taste, no amount of moving the coals would alter the bitterness. Removing a coal didn't help either, but did decrease the amount of smoke slightly.

Continued on till about 45 min in, started getting "off" taste similar to Nakhla Orange taste, but very more bitter and was rapidly losing it's "true" orange taste. About 55-60 min in the shisha lost all Orange taste and was just "burnt". Stopped smoking.

¾'ers of the bowl was burnt black – very bottom was still moist.

All in all, the taste in my opinion hasn't improved. It does have taste now, but it it lost serious points due to the bitter turn of the taste which then disappeared. It lost its "smokablity" somewhat fast in my book. I'm used to not losing taste till 90-100 min has passed.

The loss of the buzz as the flavor changed was also disappointing. For those who don't like a buzz, you'd like it – clouds of smoke w/ no buzz. I'll give it points for the clouds – they rocked.

As to my purchasing this shisha – No. I can enjoy more taste, longer, for less. I will state that it is an improvement over my first batch of Smiley's (purchased about 4 months ago from the man himself), but it hasn't proven to me yet that it has become as it claims.

It may continue to improve over time and I am willing to try perhaps a few months down the line, but it isn't up to my level of "par" as it currently is. Better, but still not quite there yet. Edited by lazria

• 3 weeks later...
Irish Creme

Smell- Fig Newtons

Flavor - There was a very subtle flavor... sort of creamy, a little fig-y at times, but there.

Setup - Egyptian two hose hookah, funnel bowl well packed. Foil with concentric rings around the outside.

Coal - 2 or 3 natural coals with a windcover.

Smoke Thickness - Ridiculous. Made my friend pass out on my lawn.

Its not something I would talk up and share with the world, but I don't think it is flavorless either. Its more cream than Irish cream.

• 1 month later...
Horchata!!! AY AY AY!

Setup : mya Acrylic, Mya bowl, Golden coals

Appearence: Ummm, kinda stemmy, and i had to dig through to find all the little tiny ones. ANd also there were a bunch of clumps i had to sit and rip apart

Smell : Horchata - like

Time: It took a while to get it going.. i added a whole new coal on and it started puffing like a semi truck. (So that is 2 coals altogether)

Flavor : It was sooo amazing, i am now fluent in Spanish and traditional Mayan. It's like having a Maid while your living in Mexico whipping up the best damn Horchata ever brought into existence here on this Earth.

Thickness : Was that a foghorn??
Yes... Yes it was...

Overall: 8/10
GREAT flavor, AWESOME clouds..... - But its 7.00 for 50 grams of the shit. ($21 for 150). Idunnobouthtat, mayn. huh.gif

• 9 months later...
SMILEY'S SEXY HORCHATA

Setup: mya qt
Bowl: standard mya
Hose: stock
Coals / Foil: easylite jap and foil
Liquid In base: tap

Cut: Medium cut, a few stems and clumps but soaked in gooey goodness

Smell: Like a fresh creamy cinnamon drink

Taste: Like caramel, cinnamon and chai

Smoke Thickness: Decent clouds

Buzz: slight in the first 30 minutes

Duration: 1hr 30min

Overall: 8.5/10 This stuff smells and tastes amazing but the flavor starts to die down a little too quick. I got it through a trade on the board so I was happy with the purchase, but I would def not pay the store prices for this stuff. Not one for those who are fruity fans, I can say that though.

• 2 months later...
Smiley's Bubbleberry

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Mya Cloisonne
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Shot cut, a few stems, swimming in juices
Nicotine: Unknown
Base: Unknown
Smell: not much of a scent, I got a wiff of tea.
Taste: not much of a taste, think a bit of blueberry and something I can't tell what it is
Smoke: Massive Clouds
Buzz: Mild
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Trade from Speak in Vowels

Overall: 6/10 Taste wasn't great. Mild Buzz. But I love the clouds! Probably last of Smiley's I will smoke since he isn't making I hear, and when he was it was REALLY expensive.