Smiley’s- Wedding cake

Pipe-Mya qt

Bowl Used- med phunnel

Foil- Renolds

Smell- CAKE!

Coal Configuration- 2 quick lights

Smoke - Nice clouds

Flavor - Im sorta dissapoint but yet im not. Theres a slight hint of cake but its not as strong as I hoped.But in deed its good smile.gif

7.5 /10

On a side note, when I opened the little jar the tobacco was soaking wet Lol i mean you could shake the thing and you hear squish squish.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smileys Sexy Cherry

Smell:Flavor smelled pretty well, not sweet at all

Setup: Smileys 15 Dollar hookah with Mya hose 2 sticks of Stargate Coals, with Phunnel with mod

Smoke: i would say the smoke was very thick nice!

Taste: i would say i was very disappointed, it had a cherry based in heavy honey. Left a pastey taste in my mouth and it had a hint of cherry not much at all. Flavor lasted 35minutes 3/10

Lasted: 45minutes 0/10

Buzz: Zero nothing. 0/10

Overall experience was very disappointed i was very sikked to see what its like, but i didnt like the Pastey stale taste in my mouth 3/10

HH even outlasted this one.

I wouldnt buy again. 2 THUMBS DOWN Edited by djbomberto

• 2 weeks later...
Smiley's Sexy Blueberry.

Smell: Strong smell, didnt like the smell but....

Cut: Great cut, very fine, I haven't seen any stems. Really juicy.

Coals: 2 Jap Easy Lights

Flavor: Tastey, but not tasty as Layalina or Al-Waha.

Smoke: Very thick clouds rings going.

Buzz: No buzz, only had a kick for about 2 mins and no more.

Overall: 8.5/10 Only place its kind of lacking is its not as strong as I would like it to be, flavor doesn't last as long, but I only had a 30min session.

nargileclub.com or mnhookah.com

Weddingcake:

smell: I wanted to eat the shisha

Smoke: nice thickness

taste: I didn't really have much of a taste

overall: 7/10 It smells really good and i love the thickness of the smoke but i didn't really get a taste. If you have this problem, smiley reccommended putting the shisha in the freezer. I will give that at try.

Mn hookah- SMILEY'S Prickley pear

Smell: A very distinct, sweet pear with a "bite" to it somewhere.

Looks: Finely chopped, very few if any stems. Extremely wet. I would suggest stirring it, and putting it in your fridge.

Taste: A very distinct pear, with a SWEET bite to it. Very tasty.

Smoke: I've got watermelon/prickley pear, with 2.5 3kings on it, and I can hide the T.V. on an AVERAGE hit, BEST smoking i've had.

Overall: I'm sure i've missed something, but this is great. A great, natural pear taste, and a sweet/tangy taste. Kind of like the contrast of sweet n sour sauce, but not that drastic. One of my favorite Smiley flavors 10/10.

Smileys's Sexy Cherry Review:

Setup:19" Ivory w/ Ice mod
Bowl: Small Tangiers Funnel w/ Scalli mod
Coals: 3 Jap EZ lights in a triangle, and 3 more for the second hour.
Hose: 80" Mya
Screen/Foil: Foil
Liquid In base: Water with ice

Cut:Typical cut, not many stems, very very moist.

Smell: Like cherries. Very much wanted to eat the stuff.

Taste: Cherry lifesaver, best I can describe it. Excellent flavor, wonderfully huge smoke clouds. Was very impressed with this one. I purchased this and 5 others last week and am looking forward to trying them all out. Started with this one due to smiley saying it's his favorite. Wanted to see what the maker enjoys.

Smoke Thickness: Lost sight of the TV a few times.

Buzz: Good lightheadedness for about 30 minutes

Duration: 2 hours.

Overall: Loved it, tasted and smelled just like cherries. Definitely one of my top flavors of smileys so far. 9/10

Wedding Cake: I already had made a review about it but i put this in the freezer and now i have new review...

smell: yum yum yum eat em up

smoke: beautiful rich thick lucious smoke

flavor: here it is! if your having trouble with flavor in any shisha, stick it in the freezer for a bit.

overall: 10/10 This stuff tasted great, and had great smoke (what i love most about hookah smoke). It lasted a very long time and everyone loved it.

Blueberry

cut: juicy juicy juicy

smell: damn it smells good!

smoke: once again thick lush clouds

flavor: great! everyone was pleased

overall: 10/10 i also put this sucker in the freezer... in fact i store all of my shisha in the freezer now. Smiley makes good shisha.

Smileys' Watermelon Review:

Bowl: Small Tangiers Funnel w/ Scalli mod
Coals: 3 Jap EZ lights in a triangle
Shisha Prep: 3 hours in the freezer, seems easier to work with when it's ice cold.

Cut: Not many stems, very very moist. Nice tan color

Smell: A watermelon fruit roll up. Sweet.
Taste: Interesting. It was watermelon, but I could also detect hints of something I could not identify. Almost citrus like, very possible that it was just the flavor hanging back from when I smoked the naughty cow a day or so ago. Same kind of acid like taste on the back of my tongue. But as far as the flavor of this is concerned it smelled and tasted like watermelon. Like a Jolly Rancher/Fruit Roll up without the chewing.

Smoke Thickness: As with the rest of smiley's stuff I have tried, nice and thick, don't even have to pull hard to get nice TV blocking clouds.
Buzz: not much of one with this session
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Overall: Enjoyed this flavor, very sweet and good tasting. Although it was a little too sweet towards the end there.

8/10

Smiley’s- black berry

Pipe-Mya

Bowl Used- Regular Mya with chimmney

Foil- metal screen

Smell- very good love black berries

Coal Configuration- 1 kings coal 33mm

Flavor/ Longevity- I loved this smoke possibly one of the most enjoyable ones ive had.. i decided since i spent x amount of dollars on it i would try it out solo. Very great taste off the bat and a really good taste towards the end. It lasted about 1 hour and 10 mins. The Seisha is cut very clean and very well mixed right up. only downside is its kind of expensive for a smaller container.

9/10

8.5/10

Smiley’s- wedding cake

Pipe-Mya Bambino

Bowl Used- Medium Tangiers funnel

Smell- Just like cake, or frosting. Pretty rad

Coal Configuration- half a silver. When that got small, I replaced it with the other half

Flavor/ Longevity/Smoke - such an unexpected flavor for shisha. A bit sweet for my liking, but as an every once in a while smoke its awesome. It tastes just like cake. Very thick smoke, lasted as long as I wanted it to (we watched hot fuzz).

8/10

Smiley’s- Horchata

Pipe-Mya Bambino

Smell- I dont know what Horchata is, but I was assured that it smells just like that.

Coal Configuration- half a silver. When that got small, I replaced it with the other half

Flavor/ Longevity/Smoke - A little sweet, a little spicy. Very mellow and soothing flavour. Its awesome, I think I may mix this with kashmir next time I order it. Smiley's gets a really thick smoke, It lasted an hour and a half, and I actually had to blow the clouds away from me because It was hard to watch the movie (in this case, we watched the first turtles movie... awesome).

8/10

Smiley’s- Naughty cow

Pipe-Mya Bambino

Smell- Shisha smells interesting. As for the aroma... nonexistent.

Coal Configuration- half a silver. When that got small, I replaced it with the other half the first time. Then I quartered a silver and evenly distributed it.

Flavor/ Longevity/Smoke - Well the good news... the smoke was thick, very thick. However it lacked taste entirely. I was excited about this shisha.. the prospect of everlasting gob stopper shisha was cool. Perhaps its a bad batch, I dont know. I tried my regular heat configuration, I tried loading on the heat, nothing got it going. I'll have to hear A LOT of good stuff about this flavor to order it again.

0/10

I don't know if you are SUPPOSED to freeze this stuff or not, but I'm not very comfortable with doing so. The first two were awesome, I will definitely be getting more Horchata. Hopefully the kinks get worked out of the naughty cow.

Wedding Cake

Set-up: 27" Syrian, 33" Eygptian
Bowl: Clear smiley w/ foil
Base: Iced water (1 version w/ (1) shot each: Butterscotch Snaps & Vanilla Vodka)
Hose: Brand spanking new MYA washable!
Coal: (2) 40mm Golden broken in quarters - 2 to 3 pieces @ a time

Cut: Fine cut, some stems. ULTRA drippy!
Smell: Oh my Gods! So yummie - i wanted to eat it!

Taste: (re-vamped after 3rd bowl) At very first it was delightfull - semi-sweet frosting flavor. I can taste a definate carmel flavor going on, but it was missing something. Too much heat quickly kills the taste to "burnt sugar". It's good, but not sweet enough for my liking. I expected more vanilla undertones like standard cake/frosting.

Smoke: Thick, strong but good amount!

Buzz: Can go from being nothing to floor slaming. I think it depends on the person smoking (I always got atleast a slight buzz to my BF who got no buzz).

Time: between 55 mins to 1hr 40min

Score: 7/10 - it was sweet and tastie, just not quite "frosting" like to my tastes. Even with 1 shot of Butterscotch Snaps and 1 shot of Vanilla Vodka, it still was lacking that something. Very good in of itself, but not my piece of cake (*snicker* couldn't help myself) Edited by lazria

Naughty Cow

Set-up
: 27" Syrian
Bowl: Clear smiley w/ foil
Base: Iced water
Hose: new MYA washable

Smell: Strange, couldn't quite put a finger on what it was trying to smell like. Picked up some berry-fruity sweet smell and a candy carmel like smell.

Taste: Weird. No clear cut anything. I'm not sure if it had too many flavors going on, or not enough of anything. Sickly sweet at times, other times almost nothing. Once got a grape flavor, then nothing.

Smoke: Thick

Buzz: Slight - probably due to me not hitting it hard or often

Time
: about an hour +/- 10 min

Score: 5/10 - kinda disapointed. The other reviews listed it as being a mix-up of different flavors, almost like having a different taste each hit. I couldn't tell a differnce bwt one hit and the next, except that it had the same strange taste.

Not sure if I didn't clean something well enough or maybe burnt it, will have to try a 3rd bowl in a different set-up to see.

Naughty Cow

Set-up: 32 stargate
Bowl: mnhookah phunnel

Smell: Strange, couldn't quite put a finger on what it was trying to smell like. maybe Marichino cherries?

Taste: my whole bowl tasted interesting. I think acouple of times i got a marichino cherry taste, then i thought other times i got possibly a lemon taste?
but it was a strange taste the rest of the time. I dont think it was a bad taste, i enjoyed it even though i dont know what it was i was smoking.

Smoke: very Thick

Buzz: some what

Time: 1 1/2 hours

Score: 7.5/10 - kinda disapointed. but i will still smoke it.

i smoked the whole jar. It's not something that i will smoke everyday, but i enjoyed it.

Orange

Smell: had an orange smell

Taste: it tasted pretty close to orange, HH orange is still my go to orange though.

Score: 8.0/10

i smoked the whole jar and i enjoyed it. When it got down to the very last of the jar. I put some HH orange into the left over molasses and i had a WONDERFUL SMOKE...... it was amazing. I put in a tiny bit of hh, just to sop up the rest oft he molasses let it soak for a few day and BAM.... AMAZING
11/10

Wedding Cake

Smell: smelled funny, but it smelled kinda like home made cake batter a little

Taste: tasted somewhat like the lemon butter wedding cake i had at a wedding once.... pretty darn close

Score: 8.0

Prickly pear

Smell: Strange, couldn't quite put a finger on it

Taste: didn't taste like pears... or prickley for whatever that means lol.

Score: 5.5/10 - kinda disapointed. but i will still smoke it.

i smoked the whole jar. It's not something that i will smoke everyday, but i enjoyed it

Smiley's Shisha Review: Peach

Bowl: Mya Bowl
Coals: Jap EZ lights
Shisha Prep: Nothing

Smell: Like candy peach
Taste: Nice mild peach taste, it wasn't immediate, but halfwaythrough the session it did get nice and mellow. Enjoyed it very much

Smoke Thickness: Good and Thick as usual.
Buzz: about 25 minutes worth
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Overall: 8/10, Liked this flavor a bunch, will have to give it a try with my Funnel.

Smiley's Shisha Review: Peach

Bowl: Small funnel w/ Scalli mod

Smell: Hard to describe, a mixture of smells, Very fruity

Taste: Like the naughty cow, this flavor changed the longer I smoked it. I tasted a myriad of flavors ranging from cherry, to vanilla, to watermelon. Interesting, not bad at all.

Smoke Thickness: Smiley Thick, very good.

Buzz: about 35 minutes

Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes

Overall: Good flavor, felt good after smoking it, but it did knock me on my butt halfway through, maybe needed more food in me. Tasted pretty mellow and sweet at the same time. Good smoke and good all around session.
7/10

Smiley’s- Irish Creme

Smell- VERY subtle Irish Creme

Flavor/ Longevity - No flavour what so ever throughout the intire hour.

Setup - MYA QT

Bowl - Combo Bowl

Foil/screen - Screen

Coal - 1 ThreeKings 40mil broken into quarters

Smoke Thickness - Very thick

Buzz - none

Closing comments - For the cut, price and quality of smoke this shisha would be a bargain. But the fact that I got no flavour what so ever really dissapoints me. Unless the flavour is fixed I would not buy this again.

5/10

Smiley's Lemon:

Smoked in a brass Syrian Pipe, with the new Tangier's head for finely shredded tobacco. Japanese coals.

Appearance: Commensurate with a lightly honey-based tobacco, finely shredded, poorly groomed (stemtastic)...obviously an imported foundation tobacco with flavoring.

Flavor: Light, lacking in terpenes and other lemony highlights, tasted like a water-alcohol based lemon flavor. Light. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Smoke. Full and thick.

Endurance: Fair, the base tobacco has a slightly unpleasant woody flavor after the flavor vacated the bowl. Still smokable and rich and cloudy.

Buzz: None

Great for blowing smoke around.

Overall: 7.5/10 Not bad, it worked for me. I would give it an 8 through the stretch, but downgraded the experience due to the quick exit of the flavor and the background flavor of the tobacco foundation.

Smiley's Horchata

Setup: Khalil Mamoun Amer, 3 Kings 40mm (halves)

Smell: Smells amazing -- milky with a hint of cinnamon-ish spicyness

Smoke: This stuff is swimming in glycerin, so the smoke is extremely thick -- too thick for me. The smoke seems watery and leaves a sort of film in your mouth.

Flavor: Disappointing. A very broad and mild brushstroke of flavor that is just barely discernable. It seems watered down.

Duration: Don't really know...

Overall: 5/10 Given the hype surrounding this new tobacco, I was really let down. I suspect that there is some aspect of the flavoring process that needs improvement. Yes, I tried the freezer thing and didn't find it to help at all. I've smoked pretty much the whole jar and was even disappointed when I mixed it with Tangiers Horchata.

Smiley's Bubbleberry

Setup: Khalil Mamoun Amer, 3 Kings 40mm (halves)

Smell: Great -- smells like bubblegum and berries.

Smoke: Sooo much juice in the container gives extremely thick smoke -- again, too thick for me. The smoke seems watery and leaves a sort of film in your mouth.

Flavor: So-so -- not as disappointing as the horchata, as it's not as mild a flavor. Nonetheless, something about the taste seems indistinct and watery.

Duration: Don't really know...

Overall: 6.5/10 Sallright, I guess. Nothing I would buy again. I tried the freezer method, didn't help much.

Smiley's Shisha Review: Prickley Pear
Bowl: Small Funnel w/ Scalli mod

Smell: Pretty sweet, wouldn't say a pear though
Taste: Had an interesting go at this. it started out being decent and then started to turn bitter after about 2 minutes. Not the kind of bitter that is caused by burnt shisha, this was something that whenever i pulled, almost made me hate the flavor entirely.

Smoke Thickness: Very
Buzz: 20 minutes
Duration: 1 hour
Overall: I wish this tasted like it smelled for me, alot of other reviews for this one say it's really good but for some reason it just wasn't happening last night.
6.5/10

Smiley's Shisha Review: Horchata

Shisha Prep: In the freezer for 4 hours, 15 minutes sitting out time.

Smell: Cream-ish with cinnamon
Taste: Very mellow. Wasn't overpowering, the kind of taste that you sit back and read a good book too, not fancy, not bland, but you know its there
Buzz: 30 minutes
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Overall: Smoked this with my buddy while we just chatted about his upcoming marriage. Taste was very smooth and lasted the whole time. We both agreed while it's not the best flavor we have tried, it definitely has one of the nicest background flavors of the one's we've smoked so far.
Score: 8/10

Smiley's Shisha Review: BubbleBerry

Smell: Some kind of berry, can't pick out which, but it was something fruity
Taste: This gave me the same experience as the Naughty Cow, the flavor couldn't be picked out because I was getting a random mix of them. Very subtle changes in each pull.
Smoke Thickness: Pretty thick
Duration: 1 hour 25 minutes
Overall: Interesting, it had hints of alot of "berries" with this, some cherry, strawberry, blueberry, nothing really at once but sortof a mix at the same time, hard to pick out but after an hour it became a little more noticeable
Score: 8.5/10

Smiley's Shisha Review: Naughty Cow

Smell: Smelled like cherries, very much so.
Taste: Had nothing to do with the smell.. The most prominent flavor I got during the session was orange. I was getting other flavors throughout the pulls, Vanilla and cherry, even a little mint at one point, very hard to pin down a taste as it slightly altered throughout.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Overall: I was very excited to try this just because of how it smelled, however this is one flavor that smells nothing like it tastes. I kept on trying to get something out of this that was stable but to no avail. Not a bad flavor, it keeps your taste buds guessing.
Score: 8/10

Smiley's Sexy Wedding Cake

Setup: 28 in SS Egyptian, Large clay bowl, 2 Natural Finger Coals, Standard Mya hose, Ice Water in Base
Cut: Good, few stems
Smell: mmmmmm smells like cake. Very good!
Smoked Excellent. There were tremendous clouds. Unfortunatly, there was ZERO taste. It didn't even taste like smoke. So....whats the point of smoking it? There was no buzz. Very dissatisfied.

2/10

Smiley's Sexy Blackberry (from the freezer)
Setup: 28 in SS Egyptian, Large clay bowl, 2 Natural Finger Coals, Standard Mya hose, Ice Water in Base
Cut: Good, few stems
Smell: More subtle than the cake, but still good.
Smoked fairly well. The taste was there but still very very light, almost not even there. The smoke lasted for a while, but the flavor was a letdown.

5/10

Review Coup d'état

My setup is a glass funnel with mod, with a standard setup, no gimmicks. I tried a few flavors without freezing and they were non existant, then i froze them and they really picked up. All flavors reviewed have been acclimated for 6+ hours and then frozen. They all smoke the same, so it comes down to taste.

Blueberry (5) -
Blueberry, but fairly weak. Still its a nice fresh smoke that has taste. I found to get the full effect you have to smell the smoke as you exhale or just exhale through your nose.

Bubbleberry (3) -
Fruity pebbles. Despite the nasty artifical flavor, it had alot of flavor of at least 2x what you would get with fumari who uses the same flavoring by a different name. But alot of ass doesnt make up for the fact that it tastes like ass.

Irish Cream (1) -
Has no taste whatsoever aside what the tobacco has to offer. If anything it makes the tobacco taste more like tobacco, so if you want tobacco flavored washed tobacco, this is the flavor for you.

Peach (5) -
I cant say it doesnt taste like peach, but it tastes like something sweet. Still it has flavor, i just cant figure what.

Wedding Cake (0) -
Like lemon pledge. That is, if you can detect any taste at all. This isnt a very potent flavoring even in ice cream, why would he think this would work as a smoke?

Naughty Cow (-1) -
This one got such a high score because it did taste like something, but the only thing i could place was the smell that orange juice factories emit when their burning their orange rhinds. This was supposed to be a multi-flavored gobstopper type shisha, but i cant image how he thought that would work all mixed together. Looks like the cumulative flavor of his lineup is burning vomit.

Orange Creme (5) -
It kinda actually tastes like its name, not bad, a bit creme a bit citrus. Still very weak and ambiguous, but a product is the reflection of its creator after all.....

Pina Coloada (7) -
I would have given this an 8, but it was supposed to taste like pina coloada, not just coconuts. The thing is it taste very much of coconuts and thats all i really wanted anyways. Very nice, i really like this one.

Horchata (10) -
Holy shit this one really blindsighted me after that string of disappointments. What an incredible smoke, very strong creamy cinnamon flavor that incites the entire toungue. If there's any reason to buy smiley's, this is it. No, i should rephrase that, this only reason to buy smiley's.

After the price will be increased to $9/150g i dont see any reason to buy this stuff other than the fact it outsmokes every other brand, even if its flavoring is the same or less. I havent tried the starbuzz/fusion line yet, though all other washed and some unwashed brands have been a dissappointment in both smoke and flavor i suppose theirs still hope left to this hobby. But i at least found one good flavor and if i end up smoking horchata the rest of my life thats fine with me.
Edited by Tonpole

Smiley's Sexy Blackberry

Smell: Like Figs more than anything.
Flavor: Virtually nonexistent.
Cut: Coarse, Heavy Wetness.
Smoke: Medium
Overall: 4
Verdict: Would not buy again. Poor shisha which is very overpriced!

Summary: After reading all the glowing reviews I was quite surprised to find Smiley's Sexy to be such a lousy Shisha! The smell was not what one would expect; and there was very little, if any, flavor at all. I would not buy Smiley's Sexy Shisha again for $5, let alone its absurd new price of $10!

Wedding Cake and Bubbleberry

Smoke: Thick clouds, best smoke for Os i've ever had
Smell: Smells like cake, bubbleberry smells like fun blueberry fun fruits
Buzz: None
Taste: NONE WHATSOEVER, this tastes like nothing. Worst taste experience ever had with shisha, i've never smoked any shisha that lacked any taste whatsoever.
Score: 0 for having no taste

I can't recomend this to anyone because it doesn't have any taste, i've tried two of Smiley's popular flavors neither of which had any taste. I'm very disapointed.

Major Thanks to HookahLife for the samples!

Smileys Sexy Raspberry:

Setup: Mya Bohemain 2 Hose, Tangiers Medium Funnel W/ Glass Mod, Water + HookahJuice Cheesecake in base. 4 Jap Easylites

Smell: Lightly raspberry, but not very strong

Cut: very wet, lots of small stems, medium orange cut.

Smoke: Lots of smoke

Flavor: Not very flavorfull, was almost overpowered by the hookah-juice. Not great, and was gone quick.

Longevity: Flavor left in id say less than half an hour, but it smoked until we decided to kill the bowl.

Buzz: Meh, nothing noticeable really.

Overall: 7.5/10. A good smoking shisha, but there was no flavor, and no buzz. Edited by Calcartman

Special thanks to hookah-life for the sample.

Brand and Flavor: Smiley's Sexy Watermelon

Shisha Cut: Small and Even, No Stems

Hookah Type: Mya QT

Duration in Hours: 1

Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel & Mya

Foil / Screen: Foil

Coal / Amount: 2 40 mm Goldens w/Phunnel or 1 40 mm Golden w/Mya

Smoke:
Usually thick white clouds.

Buzz:
Little to no buzz, calming rather than "my head is swimming".

Smell / Flavor:
It smells and tastes like watermelon hard candy.

Group Comments:
Although Smiley's produces shisha flavors which at first glance seem the same or similar to those produced by other companies, their quality surpasses many others. Their shisha tends to be nice and sticky without being too juicy and their small, evenly cut tobacco leaves are usually free of stems. In general their flavors tend to be sweet and mild and actually recreate the foods and drinks they are named after.
With one exception, our group members found Smiley’s Sexy Watermelon to be one of their best efforts. Its flavor is sweet and sour, reminiscent of sucking on a watermelon Jolly Rancher candy. Kat, who generally likes Smiley's but doesn't like Watermelon Jolly Ranchers turned up her nose at this particular flavor. The one main drawback we found was that the watermelon flavor is so strong that it overrides all other flavors making it unsuited fo use as a mixer and making it necessary to clean the bowl and change the water before smoking a new flavor.

Rating (1 to 10): 9