different coal lighting method

rxsleven

so yah.....im bored out of my mind and thought i would share a coal lighting technique that might make it even quicker and easier for most. and most likely, its already well known by most pro's, but oh well, i thought i'd share anyways. btw....this technique only works if you use a torch(sorry for all the lighters and portable stoves) you start by completing the process of packing and preparing your bowl, and then place 2 round coals or square i guess in a v shape standing on there sides, with the saucer bottoms facing eachother. then light the torch and roast them both at the same time....the heat from the flame is spread evenly between the two, along with wasting less propane(even thought it lasts forever) this also keeps you from having to light them from your tongs and burning the shit out of your hands everytime they feel like they want to explode on you, along with no chance of dropping on that nice carpet you got under the hookah.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I remember when I'd let quick lights heat up on top of the hookah; worst thing you can ever do ever. It burns the shisha and leaves the worst taste, bigg nono.

When I"m at the beach, or the coffee shop, I like to, well use my portable stove, but when I used the torch, I would do I similar method, but cause they would be on stone, I would lay them in a v with the torch pointing into them, so it would look like an arrow.
_ _
/ / \ \
/ / ^ \ \ <---Coals in a V
/_/ ^ \_\
^
^ <--Teh Fire! Edited by VDDZ

I find a can of sterno will light any kind of coals. Put coals on wire mesh and put that on top of the sterno stove or bend the mesh to make a platform and forget the stove. Once coals are lit, replace top on can of sterno and you're good. A can lasts a long time!

QUOTE (VDDZ @ Mar 2 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember when I'd let quick lights heat up on top of the hookah; worst thing you can ever do ever. It burns the shisha and leaves the worst taste, bigg nono.

When I"m at the beach, or the coffee shop, I like to, well use my portable stove, but when I used the torch, I would do I similar method, but cause they would be on stone, I would lay them in a v with the torch pointing into them, so it would look like an arrow.
_ _
/ / \ \
/_/ ^ \_\
^
^ <--Teh Fire!

Doh! >.< So that's what I did wrong... I feel like a noob. Bah.

• 2 weeks later...
I just use my gas stove or one of my torch lighters. I found the lemon wood coals are impossible to start unless I use the stove - I hate those dang things.

For Japanese Silver squares, I just light the 4 corners and let is sit in front of a fan - less than 2 mins later, it's all good to go.

QUOTE (jordanneff @ Mar 3 2007, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (VDDZ @ Mar 2 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

_ _
/ / \ \
/_/ ^ \_\
^
^ <--Teh Fire!

Doh! >.< So that's what I did wrong... I feel like a noob. Bah.

Are you talking about letting the quick lights heat up on the bowl? i do that too and i feel like an idiot i wont do it again hopefully i wont get harsh smoke all the time like i usually do but thats only when i set it up and i asked my friend if i did it right he said yes but he wasnt there as the coals were heating up on the bowl so i assumed he thought i put them there afterwards