Phaking the Phunnel.

Lakemonster

Ok......

So maybe you dont have a phunnel bowl......... and wonder about how it might work... ( or at least remotely)

So. being the scoundrel I am........ I made up these instructions tro make your existing bowl into a "funnel" bowl.

Step one, grab a sizeable piece of foil and shape the foil around your pinky as shown.

OK. now thats done. find your bowl and place the pointed part of the foil you made with your finger and place it over the center of the bowl. Begin working the foil into the bowl FROM THE SIDES. Be careful, getting too aggressive means a tear. Dont worry if the center protrusion gets squished up..... once you have the foil seated around.. use a pair of scissors and snip off the top of the protrusion and work the foil there with a tooth pic to straighten it back out and shape it how you like.... the end result looks like this.....

Yeah.. you could just buy the bowl.. but then theres some folks that are either Broke, Boycotting......... or just hate Mother Earth.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lakemonster)
Ok......

So maybe you dont have a phunnel bowl......... and wonder about how it might work... ( or at least remotely)

So. being the scoundrel I am........ I made up these instructions tro make your existing bowl into a "funnel" bowl.

Step one, grab a sizeable piece of foil and shape the foil around your pinky as shown.

OK. now thats done. find your bowl and place the pointed part of the foil you made with your finger and place it over the center of the bowl. Begin working the foil into the bowl FROM THE SIDES. Be careful, getting too aggressive means a tear. Dont worry if the center protrusion gets squished up..... once you have the foil seated around.. use a pair of scissors and snip off the top of the protrusion and work the foil there with a tooth pic to straighten it back out and shape it how you like.... the end result looks like this.....

Yeah.. you could just buy the bowl.. but then theres some folks that are either Broke, Boycotting......... or just hate Mother Earth.

how do you put the tobacco in?

QUOTE (high_society)
Im guessing you put the tobacco in the last picture then another tinfoil over it

oops didn't notice the foil was molded to the shape of the bowl ...

it's fucking 1AM here give me a break.

anyway tho.. I bet the coals heat up all tht foil and burn the shit out of the shisha.. just spend 12 bucks and get a real phunnel[/quote]

I don't think the heat is going to be an issue with the foil burning the maassel. There are a few members here who line their bowls with foil and they all have normal/great results.

well i tried this method today..and what can i say.. IT WORKS!!! tried el basha licorice and nakhla mint mixed.. the flavour is far stronger than usual.. although, i did have to use 2 lots of 3kings.. 1 whole one over a big hole i made just above the funnel...and 3 little pieces around it..
hole formation was 1 big hole over teh funnel.. and a ring of holes around teh ede..

THANX LAKEY.. ur the man!!

I tried this today and it worked out a lot better than I had expected.

I own a large phunnel but I find it takes too much tobacco. I did this with my Mya bowl today and I got more flavour from my Al Amir than I ever have. It also resolves the tight drag problem of Mya bowls due to the tiny holes placed badly.

This is what my fake phunnel bowl looked like once packed. I didn't pack the shisha any higher then the hole because i was not sure if it would fall in from succion tongue.gif Took me about 5 minutes before i got it nice and tight. I get it you need a big hole over the middle with a coal on it?

I have to say it tasted a bit more than usual , which just made me want to buy a real one tongue.gif

I've been experimenting with this idea too. I took a blue steel sewing machiine bobbin and placed the center hole directly over the center hole of my small Tangier's tower. Working the foil into place from the certer out I found it easier to fold small pleats to accomodate the curved surfaces. Once everything was in place and wrapped tightly, I piecered the foil through the bobbin in the cener and in each of the eight holes that surround it.

Testing it out now with some SB Pomegranite ....and it is working really well. It draws very freely! The bobbin maintains the shape of the center riser while one is working on forming out the rest of foil. I suppose one could stack two bobbins for a really tall riser. laugh.gif

I have been trying this for my last couple of smokes. So far Im getting the best and longest smoke I have ever gotten. But I just got my QT a cople weeks ago and I'm still tweeking my setup which might be part of it. This wil definetly get me by untill I can get around ordering a real phunnel bowl.

QUOTE (art_official)
wow nice haha i was just about to edjikate myslef into which phunnel i should buy as a christmas present but i think ill try this first and spend the money on sheesh hahah nice!

Personally, I'd rather receieve the real phunnel as a gift than some tobacco., but maybe the present is for yourself -in which case get the tobacco but buy something Tangiers - he's got to make a living too, and if you're not going to buy his bowl, the very least you could do is buy his shisha! It's awesome, in case you haven't heard.

QUOTE (Erica)
hahha I doubt this compares to the real thing!!!! Lol.. Its like buying a walmart brand anything!!! hehe

you can hit people based on racially fueled motives.

you can be the mind behind a mass genocide of any nation in the world.

but you will not, mock walmart.

there are boundaries you have to respect, and disgracing the name that is walmart, is definetely one of them.

*takes tissue*

*girly scream* ahh! i cant take this anymore! *shoots himself in the stomach*

p.s.

forgot to mention i havent slept in like 34 hours.