!!Pushing of Products is getting Out of Control!!

Alright, I am getting quite sick of these posts from 10 post members who are pushing products from the company they own or work for. Honestly, this shit is getting old.

Most of us are over 18, except for some of the people over the river on that other thing of land. Do you think we are that stupid. But honestly, if you seriously think that making a post about a product being hot for college campuses will pass off as you having owned one and its good being a realistic review. Come on, thats pathetic. I always knew the ignorance factor has increased every year, but I think its now raging out of control.

The companies need to understand, this is not a marketing forum, you don't spam your shit on here. If you want to buy from you then we will, but pushing your shitty products just turns us away. If you are willing to stoop to make random posts do you honestly think we will trust you with $100 order? Think about it next time, and then think about it again. Maybe it will pop in your head that you will be put on the shit list of companies instead of making the positive list.

It's one thing to come on here, say Hello to everyone and announce you have opened an online store and welcome us to order from you with a hookah forum discount. Its another to play stupid and act like you don't work for them and all the sudden make random posts pushing some products.

Remember, if we like your store and products we will tell 5 people. If we hate your store and products we will tell 12 people. You should know that if you took any kind of marketing class. And you should also know that over 1,000 people will know about you from online forums.

So, thank you and be sure to never come again.

P.S. You should count your blessings I'm not a mod, I would ban the lot of you.

just to tell u about the 2 i did, i din;t mean for it to be like that

I just saw a good price of 2 hookas i (i own 1 and my friend owns the otehr) we both got overcahrged alot and i didn;t want peopel to do that aswell

so i just wanted to help some peopel out

i just wanted to help people in the forum, i dont work for that company, u can check my ip and what not LOL, i dont even remmber the name of it, i just saw it when i was searching, cuz when im bored i jsut search for hookah shit ont he internet

well just to sum up the last paragraph of random shit, i wanted ot help poeple in the forum sry if it sounded like i worked for someone

peace

alright, no need to be an asshole about it there Tobe.

Hookah man, its understood now that you did not intend to push a product just inform us that you and a buddy own them. Like I said in my reply to you. I would just go more in depth in your explanation next time so it doesn't appear to be a company pushing a product.

But my post wasnt just based for you. Its been an on going problem of companies pushing their products about on the forum.

QUOTE (Tobes)
i like to spell wrong, so that people will think im cool, i think teenagers use the term "peace" so im gonna use it so everyone will like me

peace.

Don't be a sarcastic ass. Stick to the OP and stop looking for trouble, or you can take a ban...

As you can see..the Mods/Admins are on it. We just have to be careful to seperate the spam from the real recomondations...

we may be a little slow sometimes, and a little quick other..i figure it ballances out in the end... :roll:

QUOTE (yashman19)
QUOTE (Tobes)
i like to spell wrong, so that people will think im cool, i think teenagers use the term "peace" so im gonna use it so everyone will like me

peace.

Don't be a sarcastic ass. Stick to the OP and stop looking for trouble, or you can take a ban...

Yeah, I'm the grammar cop around hear!
Now you kids get the hell offa my lawn! :x

Now, in all fairness, I think the original conmcept was for hookah site owners to join in the community as a whole, and pass long informaion, sales, spcial deals, etc. to forum emembers. Thats how I rmemebr it starting when the discounts first came out.

We Used to Get Ali from SS, Mahmoud, from Mya, and a few others in the discussions and on the built in chat. They started telling us about specials and offered forum discounts. Then we started telling te discount codes to every 1 post wonder or "guest" on the chat. Thus making it no longer something special for us.

The we started catching the attention of the little guys...which is also cool, the world needs competition. But these guys (some of whom are still with us and MUCH more mellow now" saw the forum as free advertising and a cance to mention their site and their deals anytime someoen aid the word "hookah". Many of these guys enticed members with super deals and giva aways so you didn't eem to mind the non-stop promotions. When the free stuff and the friendly customer service stopped, suddenly they weren't so good and were merely spamming the forum, do keep that in mind from someone who never bought into the "free hookah with every 50g box of shisha" craze.

But the little, small operation guys see us as free, world wide advertising. Somethign that would normally cost them some bucks. Heck, the big guys like Hookahhookah see us the same way. It's hard to chastize a vendor who comes on and says "free stuff" and "below cost prices" and the memebers here flock to them for a great "deals". Even if they never post anything else.

To end this early morning ramble, before i drive 2 hours and smoke a turkey (have to use foil, my screens arent big enough) is that if you all don't want this to turn into the free advertising free for all its starting to become, DON'T jump on every "great offer" that comes down the pike on some guys first post or 2.

We may have to moderate rules like no sales pitches until the owner has posted 25 meaningful posts. sorta thing...

Just my $.02

Everyones overreacting about this shit, its not that often that companies come on the forum and spam, and when they do theyre removed immediately. This a forum about hookahs so lets stop whining and talk about hookahs.

I get the feeling Tobes was being sarcastic.

QUOTE (Sariel)

That should read, "Yeah, I'm the grammar cop around here!" hear is a verb, here is a noun. laugh.gif

I think we need to revisit the idea of having a vendor section where they can pitch things. People who don't want to read them don't even have to go over there.

QUOTE (Sonthert)

QUOTE (Sariel)

That should read, "Yeah, I'm the grammar cop around here!" hear is a verb, here is a noun. laugh.gif

I think we need to revisit the idea of having a vendor section where they can pitch things. People who don't want to read them don't even have to go over there.

There is alot of violators grammer cop throw them in the tard detox cells til they wise up. biggrin.gif

Just wondering I've noticed that generations now seem to be embracing stupidity.Not to say that there weren't stupid people in our generation but we always pointed out that they were stupid. Being a dumbass should never be "in style"

QUOTE (Sonthert)

QUOTE (Sariel)

PWND!

QUOTE (Sonthert)

QUOTE (Sariel)

Yeah, I was going to slip in "grammer" too, but I just started to twitch and had to change it. 8)

i agree that people pushing products is a problem, but i also dont think people should be banned because some one happens to like something. sorry, 2 pots about one item is hardly "pushing" give people a chance to spread their wings. we are supposed to be friends here.

QUOTE (DarthHookah)
i agree that people pushing products is a problem, but i also dont think people should be banned because some one happens to like something. sorry, 2 pots about one item is hardly "pushing" give people a chance to spread their wings. we are supposed to be friends here.

Well said DarthHookah.

JD

as I said before, this wasn't pointed at hookah man, but to the fact that more sites are starting to pull bullshit marketing schemes. I dont think that a simple post should create a ban, but if someone is here to purposefully push their product and not do anything positive for the forum then they should be banned.

Darth: we're not banning for one or two advertisements, trust me. A fair amount goes on behind the scenes, if we ban, its usually for a real reason. If you will notice, Hookah man is still with us and posting on topic and on target. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think he just had a rough start, we're probably pretty strick as far as open forums go and it took a little adjuctment. We ALMOST always give poeple a chance to come clean if they are sneaking, and then they get second and sometimes third chances to get it right, THEN we perminant ban...so relax guys...

You should see some of the crap that gets pulled before some of you even SEE it...*sigh*

Wanna buy a handbag?

Oh, yeah, Mushy, you forgot the biggest problem, according to Culture Clash Magazine as far as vendors promoting their products on Hookah Forum...Tangiers...er Sonthert...you didn't even mention my name. I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I'll take it as good.

I miss some of the old vendor posters. There were several of them that came in (before me), and made brief announcements... and were contributers to the forum. Very beneficial, IMHO. They have become rather distant lately.. and I cant blame them as much "funkiness" has gone on... I wouldnt want to be mistaked for that either.

It's a shame that this market has gotten that "gamey". The consumer gets caught in the middle. We are missing out ...

Kinda weird........ us as customers feeling like we have to be "junkyard dogs" and vendors are the tresspassers.

Used to be a different game............ and the game has changed in the last 18 months.