Premium tobacco reviews Part 2

Just reposting this, please guys just leave it for reviews. Puffpass you should really register, as your reviews will be taken more seriously, and many guests do spam ( i personally dont like the feature). feel free to give reviews as long as you dont mess up the thread. thanks. All reviews are welcome, that's the purpose of this forum
Mathazar, thanks for your comments, hopefully this thread will be spam free. i really hope they do something about the guest thing, because so many people abuse it.
Hello fellow shishaholics,
here is another thread of premium tobacco reviews. I'll post reviews as I smoke them :)
the rest is repeated
FAKHER COLA
This is a nice tobacco, the smell as mentioned is like gummy cola sweets. The tobacco is nice and wet and very finely cut.
Once this is lit, the sweet cola taste hits you in a wonderful way. Just like cola sweets (sweets is English for 'candy')
the smoke is nice and thick, and the flavour really is a lovely change from the norm. It really does taste good and I only tried it briefly before, but now I've made my own i can see that this is one flavour which is welcome to any tobacco collection. It's different from all the flavours, but not in a crappy bitter way like the floral or citrus flavours. It is different in a sweet, kid-like manner in which you feel like a child again truely enjoying the smoke.
this is spot on from Fakher 10 out of 10. A great flavour for a change of mood.

GOLDEN STRAWBERRY FAKHER
This is an interesting smoke. The tobacco is incredibly wet, and you literally have to squeeze some of the juice out of the tobacco before putting it in the head. Smells like sweet strawberry dessert.
Once lit up, this produces a nice thick luxurious smoke. I am not a strawberry man, and am not too fond of strawberry shishas, but for those who like strawberry, this is a fantastic smoke. The flavour is subtle in nature, but the taste is really excellent if you are a strawberry fan. A pure strawberry dessert flavour, with no other noticable taste other than strawberry goodness.
Lasts for ages too.
I personally give this a 9 because it is excellent tobacco, if you like strawberry then quite possibly you'd give it a 9.5 or 10.

AMIR CHERRY
This stuff was very interesting. when opened the tobacco is a reasonable texture, not as fine as the fakher or liquidy. It's wetness had a gritty or powdery feel to it and does not drip as much as the fakhers (esp golden strawberry). It smells pretty nice.
Now for the smoke test.
Well, to have a good cherry in my opinion. It has to be a subtle flavour that is not strong, but sweet and easily recognisable as cherry. A good cherry is one of the most relaxing flavours to have because it is subtle, smooth, silky and just the kind of thing you would smoke till every last drop of molasses is burnt through.
Now for the amir cherry. I tried it at first. took it's time to get going, but after a few minutes of smoking, it had reached a stage with loads of beautiful white smoke, and a flavour that sums up all that I have said above. It really is the perfect cherry in my opinion. It has the sweetness of fakher cherry, without the floral undertones that affect it. It is a light smooth shisha that you can smoke for hours, with a beautiful flavour. This is the cherry for me, and I will enjoy having this in my collection.
As a cherry fan myself, I have to give this a perfect 10. It takes time to get going ,but worth the wait.

APPLE FAKHER
as you know, I love the stuff, So seeing as i been smoking some fresh new apple fakher, it's worth another review ;)
tobacco - excellent texture, wet, fine and great smell
taste - sweet apple taste, tiny hint of liquorice which you hardly notice in the great goodness of this awesome flavour.
Smoke - beautiful rich thick smoke, to get smoke this thick you'd normally put loads of coal and risk coughing your guts out, but with this, you need minimal coal, and the flavour is supreme with the thick smoke. a lovely combo.
no need for elaborations. This is a classic essential flavour for anyone. This is what they serve in upper class places in the emirates, it's an automatic choice, Apple fakher, is second nature to the sophisticated shisha smoker.
what mark? well, of course a 10, would be an insult to give it anything else. It is impossible to hate this flavour, you either love it, or you will like it alot.

These are what I have had so far in the past couple of days, they have sure been enjoyable as you can tell from the grades. Coming up in the near future. reviews of Cappucino, plum, mixed fruit  (all fakher)
Also, fumari watermelon and white grape
and Romman Apple, Banana and melon.
I haven't been with my shisha for a while, she's missed me, but now i'm doing her quite often [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAPPUCCINO FAKHER
this was a flavour i hadn't personally tried before from fakher. Was looking forward to it.
Tobacco: fine fakher cut as you come to expect. This tobacco is literally dripping and far wetter than anything i've seen. The smell is gorgeous, just like the coffee filled chocolates or coffee cake. Really sweet coffee smell.
The smoke and taste: when lit and smoked, you get a reasonable taste, which is not as intense as the smell, but a mild coffee, almost chocolaty taste. It is a decent smoke, but not something i feel I can smoke for long. I guess it's not the ideal flavour to smoke and not the tobacco's fault. The smoke was rich and white up to fakher standards.
It can be smoked for a good hour easily, and will not burn quick as all the fakhers do, but the flavour is not quite compatible with me, and it is again a nice one for a change, but the change isn't fantastic, not like say cola or other unusual flavours.
overall,it is decent, and of a premium standard in terms of quality, but the flavour was not something I'd personally smoke too much of. Another point to note, is also because it is a REAL HOSE KILLER. You'll probably have to have about 5-6 sessions with other tobacco for the taste in the hose to totally fade away. It really really lingers. Coconut and coffee really do stick around for a while in your hose, be warned.
overall,[b] 7.5  [/b](good quality but reasonable flavour that is easy to get tired of)

PLUM FAKHER

This is another one I hadn't tried before. Seemed like an interesting flavour, so went for it.

Tobacco is wet and fakher like, I dont really think I need to describe fakher tobacco anymore.

The taste: Well, upon smoking this, I became reminded of the peach
flavours I'd tried. Things that didn't go down too well with me. Peach
and Plum are essentially in the same category.

the best way i'd describe this, is that they have a 'buttery taste' to
them. Something I really did not like. I'd perhaps put Golden
Eskandarani in the same category too.

Well, the sweet buttery taste would go down well with a peach or Golden Eskandarani lover, and i would recommend this for them.

It lasts long, with good smoke, the taste I didn't like, but it wasn't
something that can be described as bad, because it did the job.
Personal preference really.

I give this one a 7.5

not that it deserves a review, here's a non-premium addition which i just had.

NAKHLA PISTACHIO
pistachio? sounds interesting right, great snacks while watchin a movie or something. Can it be made into a tobacco? not really as far as the egyptians are concerned.
Tobacco: pretty dry with a bit of stickiness. Very roughly cut, a few pieces will fill the bowl. It's such big chunks that as a result the airflow is pretty good as the packing is rough due to the big pieces not packing well (which is not a bad thing).
smoke : decent smoke generated. Ridiculous taste which is almost like some chemical. They should have called it Nakhla chemical flavour.
summary: chemical like taste, nothing remotely pistachio about it. not worth they money.
overall, I give this a [b]3.5[/b], simply because it smokes.

ROMMAN SWEET MELON

tobacco: delightful smell, the cut is wafer thin, and relatively easy to use. No problems there. very wet for this type of tobacco.
smoke and taste: reasonable smoke, not of fakher standards, but good quality. The taste is at first a little hard on the throat (not through my own fault, believe me i have made many a shisha ;) ) After about 5-10 mins of smoking, this one starts to get going . The melon taste comes through very well, and it is a nice pure flavour. Something nice and summery, and i like it. once it has settled, it is quite a lovely smoke. light, airy and with a pleasant flavour.
overall: This is good quality stuff, and lasts for a long time. Among the best melon flavours I have had, but you have to smoke through a bit of crap to get to the goodness after a few mins, then it's plain sailing.
solid flavour, nice smoke, tough to dislike [b]9[/b]
[b][/b] 
ROMMAN APPLE
tobacco: less wet than the melon, again very thin strips of tobacco, almost like flakes of thin coconut in texture. smells very good. The romman flavours seem to have a fantastic smell to the box. almost like perfume.
Smoke: this one got going a bit quicker, and after 2-3 minutes, became nice and settled. A light smooth flavour. tough to describe. A fresh tasting apple with a bit of sweetness ,but not very sweet. easy to smoke for a long time, and lasts long.
verdict: nice smoke. tough to fault, but not with the richness of flavour or smoke density of fakher apple, which is unbeatable really, so an unfair comparison :) I like it, but not spectacular in any sense.  [b]8[/b]

here's more:
ROMMAN BANANA
Tobacco: reasonable smell, nothing spectacular and not as nice as the previous 2 romman flavours, but pleasant. The cut is similar to the apple, not overly wet, and straightforward to work with.
Smoke: romman smoke as before, good, but not close to fakher smoke. This one took at least 15 minutes before I found it settled and nice to smoke. The flavour is decent banana, not too strong, but a nice chilled smoke. It doesn't last as long as the other flavours though, and for that it will be marked down.
Overall: as a banana flavour, it is better than most. Not something you'd throw away, but not fantastic. Flavour is optimum for about half an hour or so after the initial period of 'settling'.  [b]7[/b]

thanks for the feedback guys, doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread!
oh well, hope it gives u people an idea anyway before wasting your money on certain things. After all, I dont work for any of these companies and dont get paid for this. All these are flavours I have bought and decided to review.

That's bullsh*t.......you won't get 2 hours out of the Romman no matter
what you try with the coals.  But,  yes,  certain
flavors of Romman are worth the price.

The flavors I reccommend are:  Double Apple, Orange,  Strawberry,  and Sweet Melon 

Romman's Double Apple is by FAR the BEST I've EVER smoked 

[quote name='PuffPuffPass']hey mo, how long does a bowl of faker last? is romman worth the money
that it costs, because hookah-shisha says a bowl of romman will last 2
hours, is that true? thanks, and good job on the reviews.[/quote]

depends how you burn it, if you are using a magic coal disc, and burn around the edge. It will last the longest.

generally, romman seems to last between 40 mins to 1hr 20 max  for the leisurely smoker.

Fakher usually lasts minimum 1 hr going up to 2 hours in many times.

some flavours last long. e.g. fumari mint choc chip can last 2 hours.
The mint flavour doesnt fade in this particular flavour. Fumari
generally is very similar to romman in the time it takes.

coming up over the next couple of days

fumari watermelon, and white grape :)

stay tuned

[quote name='PuffPuffPass']hey mo, how long does a bowl of faker last? is romman worth the money that it costs, because hookah-shisha says a bowl of romman will last 2 hours, is that true? thanks, and good job on the reviews.[/quote]
Let me toss in a vote for the Romman mango here. Has anyone else tried it? No one seems to mention it, positive or negative...
I love it -- it tastes like a perfectly ripened mango.  I haven't smoked it in a good long while, but I believe I was getting a good 90 minutes or more out of a bowl with a single Golden quik lite.
E.G.

FUMARI WATERMELON
tobacco: incredibly strong sweet melony/watermelony smell. Hits you with a moist feeling at the back of your throat, this feeling, common with banana flavours, mean it'll smoke quite harsh with a feeling in the back of your throat. The texture is sticky and good sized pieces similar to romman (in fact i believe the tobacco is the same type as romman use as the texture is so similar, different flavours of course)

Smoke: when this is lit, the throaty moisture cannot be felt too much and becomes negligible.
now a new paragraph for the taste. The taste is something I would simply describe as absolutely phenomenal. Yes, thats right, Phenomenal. A beautiful sweet watermelon flavour that really really is amazing. F**k fumari peach. this is the fumari flavour worth buying. I totally agree with mathazar here that it is one of the best shisha flavours on the market. The taste is amazing and so pure.
the smoke density is acceptable, and nothing is like fakher in that respect, but the flavour  more than makes up for it. Doesn't last too long in my opinion, but u should get a good hour, and in fact, a phenomenal hour out of it
overall: beautiful flavour that is something special. Not often non fakhr flavours affect me like this. definately worth a [b]10[/b]

FUMARI WHITE GRAPE

Tobacco: texture decent, needs to be spread out a bit in order to pack it correctly. smell is nice, has a grape fakher-like smell to it, but not as strong.
smoke: once lit, there is a mild grape flavour, but very weak in my opinion. Not one I'd buy again. even burning the hell out of it doesnt affect it too much. Not a strong flavour at all.
Overall: fumari are an unpredictable company; this flavour is not a good one, and nothing good to say about it. If you've run out of flavours and want some very mildly flavoured plain smoke, then this would get a 10 lol. But my verdict on this one, a disappointing [b]4.5[/b]

Hey,  I've said it before and I'll say it again,  the ONLY
flavor worth buying from Fumari is the Watermelon.  White Peach
used to be AWESOME,  but for some odd reason they changed the
formula and now it SUCKS!!!  Someone mentioned that Fumari Guava
was pretty good.  I'm not a big Guava nut,  so I can't
comment on that.  But in my experience,  and I've had PLENTY
of it,  there's only one Fumari flavor worth buying 

Ya I just finished a bowl of the Fumari white peach and man did they screw the pooch on this one.Thank god they didnt change the formula on the watermelon.The fumari watermelon is definately one of the best melon flavors out there,if someone from Fumari is reading this,Yo! dont mess with a winner,bring back the old white peach formula,and dont mess with the watermelon!!!

• 2 weeks later...
here are some further reviews. Many thanks for Mathazar to kindly provide some samples of hookah hookah. I support no company, and of course hookhookah people plagiarised Hookahcultures material which I hope they have removed, and I in no way whatsoever condone that.
enough for the disclaimer, here's the tobacco reviews:

HookahHookah Apple
tobacco: bizarre texture, almost like the inside of a cigarette. Very fine strands that are easy to work with, and the smell is fantastic
smoke: the smoke was pretty flavourless. Very disappointing as the smell was very nice indeed. I could not taste anything, used a small head, a big head, all that was left was for me to get head :) but still made no difference. tried everything, but most surely this was flavourless
overall: nice impression and packaging, but absolutely no flavour worthy of mention. a disappointing [b]4[/b]
[b][/b] 
Hookah Hookah Hazlenut:
Tobacco: same as before, glorious smell like my favourite coffee (Hazlenut Mocha) but again a funky cut which is almost like dried grass. no such thing as a tobacco leaf to be found.
smoke: this one gave a little hazlenut hint, but again the flavour was way too mild, and did not reflect upon the great smell. After a few minutes of smoking, the faint hazlenut became nothing, and the tobacco was dead. Again tried a multitude of combos to get it to smoke well, but this again had no flavour to mention.
Overall: a slight improvement on the apple, the smell was amazing but the smoke is where it counts, and this scores low. [b]5[/b]

Hookah Hookah Melon:
Tobacco: same as before, and again a wonderful smell.
Smoke: this one I really could taste, and made it worthwhile. A fantastic melon flavour with a touch of honey. Really really nice taste and among the nicest I have tried. Unfortunately, this taste was rather shortlived, and after about 25 minutes, the wonderful taste faded to nothingness, and this was a big head holding about 25-30g of tobacco. The taste was beautiful though, and pushes up the score. Decent smoke density too.
Overall: this tobacco is a worthy smoke, but you'll have to keep changing the head every 20-30 mins max to maintain the wonderful flavour. It is damn tasty. It's relatively cheap at 10 dollars, so worth trying and the expenditure isnt high. It loses out because it doesnt last long. If it lasted twice as long, it would get a 10, but because it fades so quickly, then the score I'll give, purely on the nice experience of the temporary flavour is [b]8.5[/b]

now for one of my ones I haven't reviewed
fruit Cocktail Fakher:
Tobacco: this is quality tobacco, lovely red and moist, and the lives easy to break up and use. smells great too.
smoke : the flavour is very similar to the plum, not a very mixed flavour, but an enjoyable smoke and relatively mild. It last pretty long too. the smoke density is of fakher standards and the best in the business (closely followed by that of Amir cherry). It's not a flavour I can love, but decent all the same. Nothing really to fault.
Overall: a nice flavour, similar to the plum, which will provide a good smoke [b]7.5[/b]

and that finishes this round of reviews. expecting some Qema grape soon, so stay tuned for that :)

another one for the list, man I'm smoking too much

FUMARI FRENCH VANILLA
Tobacco: mild subtle smell, very encouraging, could it be a winner, or another one of those flavours that is would make a good air freshener but a crap tobacco.
Smoke: surprise surprise, the mild subtle smell, results in an exceptionally mild flavourless tobacco. Very smooth and doesn't burn. Great for practicing tricks etc, but the flavour is not to be found.
Overall: another loser from fumari. I cant believe those guys have the guts to ship tobacco all the way here ,only for it to be flavourless. thats cherry, grape, vanilla from the company that are all absolutely worthless smokes. Nice and smooth, but no flavour [b]4.5[/b]
guys, for your own good, never touch anything that scores below a 6 in my reviews. Even out of curiosity. You'll thank me later :D
stay tuned. If you have any feedback, please post.

You know, I say it again and again,  but nobody EVER listens to
me.  I told you guys on MANY occasions not  to order those
exotic flavors from Fumari.  But you just don't listen to
me.  The ONLY flavors worth purchasing from Fumari are Watermelon
or Mint........PERIOD.  Start listening to me and you'll save
yourself the headache of finding-out for yourselves just how much
Fumari SUCKS!!!