Favorite Drink Mixes

sidhucer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really drink hard liquor... it makes me get hangovers so badly, have memory loss once I am too drunk and projectile vomit... *shakes his head* its no good. No good at all. I like drinking wine or beer but sorry... don't have any favorite mixes or hard liquor or anything for that matter really.

Favorite drink is a g&t. But anything with gin is great. Cold weather makes for a nice cognac or a dry, leathery wine.

My gimlet: 1.5 oz Beefeater or Bombay Sapphire to 1 oz unsweetened lime juice. Awesome drink. I hate sweet gimlets.

I don't have any knock-you-on-your-ass mixes. I don't drink to get drunk anymore. Jager has made me a changed man.

Go with the classical Sazerac:

4 Oz. Rye Whiskey or Bourbon (Rye bourbon preferably, but wheat bourbon is fine, too.)
1/2 Oz. Peychaud's bitters
1/2 Oz. Absinthe (the real stuff, not that fake crap they sell alot of)
1/4 Oz. Sugar Syrup.
Ice

Add the bitters, absinthe and sugar syrup. Add the ice, then the whiskey. Drink with slim straw. Bah-diggity!

QUOTE (Captain Courageous)
lol, did you have a bad Jager experiance or did it show you that enjoying mixes is better than racing to get shitfaced?

Both. Lots of Jager shots last Christmas turned out really bad. I still have the bottle hidden in the back of the kitchen cabinet. Makes me gag when I see it. And I can't stand the taste of licorice anymore.

It was like a near death experience. I think at one point I saw Jesus, and he slapped my stupid ass for being so drunk on his birthday.

@Sonthert: Oh, I wanna try Absinthe. I may not be too into drinking but if I could that is one drink I would defenantly pay good money to experiance.

@James: lol, I can see you all floating up to the light and then Jesus smaking you back down.

I once had what I thought was a near death experiance from it also... strange. When my friend and I were smoking shisha I got a headache from it. So I took two asprin... later that night I had a couple of shots of Jager... just a couple. Late that night after falling alseep I woke up in the middle of the night and needed a glass of water bad... felt like I was gonna pass out if I could get some water... I couldent walk or anything. I felt bad cause I ended up dropping the glass of water in his kitchen and then I was too messed up to even be able to soak up all the water of clean up all the glass... Tried to use the restroom but just stumbled everywhere in the bathroom, bending his towl rack and falling into the bathtub, tearing down the shower curtains... it sucked. I think that was the last time that I even had Jager, lol. Not a fun experiance.

The online absinthe we've gotten has been through my brother in law. I've almost done some online ordering, but I've never ordered anything internationally. So, I wasn't sure how difficult it was.

So I assume you haven't had any bad experiences? No governmental problems?

Oops. Thought I was asking Sonthert, but I guess I'm way too slow at posting. Sorry.

Here is a decent looking absinthe site I googled if your interested Cap. www.eabsinthe.com

But like I was saying, I haven't ever ordered anything internationally. I have no idea how hard it is to get it past customs, or if it's even an issue at all.

Absinth is intense man.. did shots with it and it messed my throat up.. then our buddy told us to drop to suger cubes in the shot glass b4 u drink it it was a bit smoother...

Also i heard absinth is a fire drink and you supposed to flame it for a bit b4 blowing it out and drinking it?

It depends, some absinthes are far stronger, my friend has a Swiss bottle thats like 140 pr (70% alcohol). That will rip it up. Some bottlings are lower alcohol content (100-110 pr) which make them more drinkable straight. I'm not sure its illegal to have absinthe, just illegal to import, manufacture or sell it. Lots of people order from those websites...nothing odd about it.

QUOTE (sidhucer)
Absinth is intense man.. did shots with it and it messed my throat up.. then our buddy told us to drop to suger cubes in the shot glass b4 u drink it it was a bit smoother...  

Also i heard absinth is a fire drink and you supposed to flame it for a bit b4 blowing it out and drinking it?

Never, EVER, set absinthe on fire, real absinthe at least. Czech 'absinth' is absolute shit. The fire thing was a recent invention to compete with drinks like flaming sambuca.

Real absinthe is a complex drink that, in order to have all of the flavors released, much be 'louched' having ice cold water added very slowly (practically drop-by-drop) turning it from green to a milky white. Traditionally the water is dripped onto a sugar cube resting over the glass on a slotted spoon.

The best absinthe (IMO) is the French-produced Jade Edouard 72.

Mari Mayans absinthe is good, and Deva is the standard in Absinthe bars in Barcelona. I also picked some up called Diablo Verte, but I was too gone to remember if it was good or not, lol.

TYLER

QUOTE (Halon)
Mari Mayans absinthe is good, and Deva is the standard in Absinthe bars in Barcelona.  I also picked some up called Diablo Verte, but I was too gone to remember if it was good or not, lol.

TYLER

I've heard Mari Mayans is good stuff too. The kind my friend had a original absinthe or absinthe original. It was Czech.

I've heard that Serpis is good stuff as well biggrin.gif