Hookahforumchat.com

Unoffical Hookah Forum Chat

Well as many of you have already discovered, a few of the HF members have chipped in recently to get us a nice chat going. This chat already has become a great place for members to chat, and we have had some pretty memorable conversations... as well as some pretty hilarious once as well biggrin.gif

So if you havent already, then go ahead and sign up today!!

HookahForumChat.com
HookahForumChat.com - Click To Register

HFC Help & Tips

For those of you already members on HFC, or for those getting ready to register, here are some helpful tips and trick to use while chattin' it up

1.) "Wait, Unoffical Chat?" Yes this is not made, owned, or operated by the same people that own the forums. The chat was bought, and is run by members of the forums, for other forum members to use to chat when you just want to randomly talk about anything.

2.) Even though this chat is unoffical, we still go by basically the same rules as the fourms. Only diffrence is that we try to keep it to only 18+ age users on the chat, since we do not have any bad word filters, plus topics can stray into the... well lets just say some people have not only dirty mouths but dirty minds

3.) It makes it easier on the other members if you use your forum's username when you register on the chat. This makes it easier for us to know whos who.

4.) On the chat you can have diffrent color schemes, and also you can change what color everyone else sees you and your text as. Keep in mind both of these, and try not to change your font to a color that is going to make it harder for the other chat users to see.

5.) The bot is there to keep the chat alive when only 1 person is in there. The bots main progarming came with the chat software, and as such is a bit buggy, and the bot is, well to say it kindly, kinda stupid. So be kind, and DO NOT POST CHAT LOGS ON THE FORUMS!! What happens in the chat, stays in the chat

6.) The chat over time can really be tough on your broswer. If you start lagging, it usually is about time for you to restart your broswer. I do this at least once a day. Since I am the chat admin im on almost 24/7, so it's good to have a every now and then restart.

7.) All forum moderators are automatically given moderator status on the chat. Only other users with moderator powers on the chat are DizzyGuy, and GhostOfDavid. EvansLight is an Admin, since he created and runs the chat.

8.) The chat also uses some IRC like commands to accomidate the IRC users. Some commands you can use are:
/away
Sets user as away. Typing this command again sets user as "here". This action may also slow down the chat ping time for the "away" user, depending on the setting of msgRequestIntervalAway, which is set in /inc/config.php
/here
Sets user as here. This reverses the "away" and "busy" states.
/busy
Sets user as busy. Typing this command again sets user as "here".
/back
Shows the last entries of the room's chat, including any chat text that was present before arrival to the room.
/backtime
Shows the last minutes of the room's chat, including any chat text that was present before arrival to the room.
/clear
Clears the chat screen. This only affects your screen, not the screen of other users.
/me <action>
Issues an IRC-like "action" to the chat. "/me" will be changed to your user name, and the text in <action> will appear as a system message. For example: "/me is thinking" would translate to "Joe is thinking".
/join <room>
Switches the user to <room>. For example: "/join The Lounge"
/part
Logout of the chat.
/quit
Logout of the chat.
/logout
Logout of the chat.
/version
Shows which version of the chat you are using.
/invite <user>
Invites "user" to the room that you are currently in.
/ignore <user>
Ignores "user" until /unignore "user" is issued
/?
Display a list of currently available IRC commands.
/helpall
Display a list of all available IRC commands.
/whowas <user>
This only works when FlashChat is used in a registered-users manner (not the "free for all" chat mode). Shows profile page for any registered user.
/whois <user>
Same as /whowas, but the user must be logged in.
/motd
Displays the message of the day
/sos <message>
Alerts moderator in the current room of your message. Message text is optional. Message behaves like an /alert
/names
Shows a list of all user names in all public rooms.
/showignores
Shows who you are ignoring, and who is ignoring you.

Well I hope this helps new users, and also gets everyone not registered to come register and start chatting with the rest of us!! biggrin.gif

HFC Update

The chat is now once again on a new server, and also updated to the latest version of FlashChat. More and more users are wondering about switching to IRC, and ill say the same thing i have said for ages; IRC might be easier on your computer and more comfortable for some users, but IRC isn't the easiest thing in the world to learn to use. The flashchat is simple and something almost all users can pick up and easily use.

Chat is now being hosted on my new art site. Should be there for a long time biggrin.gif

Love ya laugh.gif
EL

Chat Paid For By DizzyGuy, GhostOfDavid, and EvansLight
Chat Hosted By Ov.erSp.in - http://Ov.erSp.in Edited by EvansLight

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvansLight)
llol DG you know i could make all yall pay again and buy us a better host for just us tongue.gif

But you said something about switching servers that was supposed to take place awhle back. Oh well tongue.gif

Yea its done. For now youll see who is hosting us, cause its a temp subdomain, by tommorw the DNS entires should be updated and ill move the domain over biggrin.gif

Now its a new install, not just the old copied over, from what i can tell its version 4.7.7, and the one we have been running is 4.0.0 so hopefully this will have some good bug fixes in it biggrin.gif Don't worry all the old usernames are still there, no need to re-register biggrin.gif

QUOTE (worr lord)
It's down for me sad.gif

you could be close to the DNS host, and on the same connection, which could mean the DNS entires could have already updated (never heard of it doing it that fast, but never know) which means the site has no host, not till i add it on to the server where it is now, which i have to wait for the server its on now to recognize the new dns.... if that all made sense tongue.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
HFC Update

I now have my own hosting, so HFC will be moving one more time to its hopefully permanent home at my sites hosting. The domain name for now will just point to my site using URL Redirect. Once i make sure everyone can use the chat on my site ill actually move the DNS over. So feel free to hop back in. For now until i can get a copy of mIRC, and get it modded to work for our needs this is what we will use.

If anyone here can do mIRC's coding, or if ya know c or c++ (both have similar code to mIRC's custom coding) then shoot me a PM. Or if anyone would like to donate some money then let me know. A mIRC license ain't free, and mine is only for me biggrin.gif

Also theres a few changes made on the chat for now. I have upgraded it to the latest version from TuFat. Also, once again, an old friend is making his return to the chat. Thats right, the bots back ladies and gents biggrin.gif For those who weren't here then, the bot provided some fun, albeit retarded conversations. So lets get this thing going again people!!

Love ya laugh.gif
EL

lol that would pay for the whole damn license cost of mIRC there JD XD

if ya want, my paypal e-mail is, wait i aint gonna post that here XD ill pm it to ya JD. Make sure to send about $21, that way paypal fees dont screw us XD If JD does send me the $21 love (wait which currency we talking about $20 in XD) then ill get to work on modding IRC ASAP. It will take me a few days to get back into the swing of its coding, but in about a week or two i should have a working script.