Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mushrat

Hookah-Shisha.com Reviews

170 posts in this topic
as per the usual i made a sunday order. couple grommets and 4x250 of tang.
i chose the ups ground and it got here today (thurs). i always enjoy getting my dumdums.

[quote name='thecoalition' date='16 April 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1271368489' post='463807']
as per the usual i made a sunday order. couple grommets and 4x250 of tang.
i chose the ups ground and it got here today (thurs). i always enjoy getting my dumdums.
[/quote]

+1 for the dumdums.

Ok, so I ordered from them last wensday and they shipped it that thursday(May 27th). It got here June 3rd. According to their little map thingy I was supposed to get it June 1st, but it was 2 days late. A little miffed about that because I ordered it so it would come specifically on my birthday and it could be a nice little gift to myself. But whatever it did come and wasn't really late.

I opened my order and holy cow batman packing peanuts galore!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which my dog thought was fricking awesome, I however did not enjoy sticking my hand down his throat to get said packing peanuts lol. Everything was packed extremely well. All wrapped in bubble wrap and packing tape and like I said, the box was flooded with peanuts.

When I opened the box I noticed an odd smell. Turns out some of the shisha leaked. BTW, do not try combining SS white peach, SS Mojito, and SB X on the Beach. It smells terrible. So when I noticed that the bags were leaky I got on live chat help and they asked me whether I would like new shisha or store credit. I opted for store credit because my shisha was still smokable if I add a little glycerine and there are a few new flavors I would like to try.

So overall I'll give them a 9/10. Their shipping was a little slow, but that was probably UPSs fault. Some of shisha did leak but they did give me store credit. Everything was packed perfectly and, except for my shisha, nothing was broken or cracked.

Oh Yes and I Love My Dum-Dums!!!

I don't know if this is their fault but I'd like to point out a couple things:

I ordered this Syrian vase a while back: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1037-syrian-glass-hookah-base.html

It looked really nice, but two things bothered me:

Firstly, it was NOT 1.75 inches as described; it was tighter. So tight that the stem of my hookah only fit in with a great deal of force (and it does fit fine in a standard 1.75"). Consequently, taking it out of the vase also required a great deal of force, such that doing it once, it shattered in my hands.

Secondly, so it's sold as a Syrian base. slapped on the side is a "Made in Jordan" sticker...OK....so I go to remove that, and then find underneath a "Made in Egypt" sticker! What's going on here??

I bought my first hookah in 2004 from Hookah-Shisha.com and I haven't stopped buying from them ever since. They have outstanding customer service, great selection of products, and good shipping times. I have probably placed 30-40 orders with them since I started smoking and have never had any issues besides a few shipping delays and missing items, all of which were taken care of promptly.

I've been a long time buyer from H-S.com now. They may be a few states over, but have always had a great selection and great customer service, but I might be looking elsewhere in the future now...

Typically in the past when an item has run out of stock and their website isn't updated yet, I get a phone call from someone at H-S.com typically within a few hours of my order being processed. They ask for a substitute, everything is fine and my order goes out like normal.

My current stash is getting low so I try to time my order to arrive pretty close to when I'm going to run out. I place my order late Saturday night, being perfectly well aware that it won't even get looked at by someone till Monday morning, or at least that's what I was hoping. I get an email late Tuesday saying that a flavor was out of stock, and to let them know what I want as a substitute. I reply back minutes after receiving the email wondering why no one called or even emailed me Monday and hopefully gotten my order out monday afternoon. I get an apology saying they were backed up still from Labor Day weekend, which is a week past now..? And that $10 in points have been added to my account for a future purchase. I'm irritated but can't hold it against them, as I get backed up myself. I was HOPING my order would go out tuesday then after everything was straightened out, but nope, got my email informing me of the package being shipped wed night, and it won't even leave UPS on it's way to my house until Thursday morning. Great! So it looks like my order which normally takes 4-5 business days will take 10 according to UPS's tracking info...

I don't want to sound like a nicotine fiend who will die if I run out before my order gets here (which I definitely will run out before), but I'm just bummed they really dropped the ball, after years of flawless service in the past, and expected a $10 credit towards a future purchase would make me happy. I would have been more content if they offered a faster method of shipping to make up for lost time. But then again I'm not the type of person who bitches, just for the sake of getting freebies. I simply take my business elsewhere. So I'm not going to give them low rating or anything in light of the good times they've provided for me in the past, just wanted to share my current experiences with my once favorite go-to company. I think it's time I look for a vendor closer to my own state.

Thanks anyways H-S.com, but you can keep your hookah points.

I placed my order with Hookah-Shisha early early Monday morning, probably between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. I got my order today, Tuesday, around 1 p.m. Pretty fast! Of course, they are only about three hours from me so I'm lucky there. I requested and paid for USPS shipping but they sent it UPS, which is faster but frustrating for me since I didn't want the mister to know I'd ordered yet MORE hookah stuff. So, yeah, faster is really nice. But I do kind of wish they'd sent it USPS--I check the po box, not hubby. Small potatoes though, and hubby was thankfully out of the house before UPS dropped it off. No, he wouldn't give me much of a hard time. But I still kind of wanted to keep the new purchase to myself.

My order:
4 Mya Bowl Grommets
3 Egyptian Bowl Grommets
1 Egyptian Pyramid Hookah Base
1 Rubber Band Hookah Base Grommet
1 Large Egyptian Base Grommet
1 Al Waha 250g (jar) Flavor: fig
1 Romman 250g: summer crisp (cucumber)
1 Romman 50g: almond
1 Romman 50g good times (citrus/mint)
1 Romman 50g ivory coast (pineapple/grapefruit)
1 Tangiers 250g: static starlight
3 Mya Hose Grommets
1 Exotica (Square Finger Style) Hookah Coal 1 kilogram (new and improved, don't you know)

I received the order exactly as I'd placed it, no more and no less.

It was packaged extremely well. They had kindly taped the grommets in a single bag inside the top of the lid safely away from where I'd be using something to cut the box open.

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/genierobinson/Hookah/BrackettvilleHookahShisha_1125.jpg[/img]

Everything was in great shape, no beat up product.

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/genierobinson/Hookah/BrackettvilleHookahShisha_1132.jpg[/img]

Regarding the vase, I'm a relatively savvy shopper and I knew there was no way the vase could look quite as good in real life as it did in the photo on the website:

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/genierobinson/Hookah/EgyptianPyramidvase.jpg[/img]

And it didn't, but I'd also read reviews on it in advance and knew exactly what I was getting. A somewhat sloppy paint job and a vase with several imperfections:

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/genierobinson/Hookah/BrackettvilleHookahShisha_1133.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/genierobinson/Hookah/BrackettvilleHookahShisha_1141.jpg[/img]

Looks a lot better with a flash though, doesn't it? But below isn't what it really looks like, above is.

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/genierobinson/Hookah/BrackettvilleHookahShisha_1149.jpg[/img]

Prior to placing my order I'd sent H-S a couple of messages via their website. I got no response and so used their Livehelp during regular working hours and got an immediate response. Within hours after that interaction they responded to both my previous website queries. Could be they just don't check those often? Or I caught them over a bad couple of days? Who knows, I don't care--it didn't bother me. Not when I had other ways to contact them available. Right before I sent my order I sent one last query via their website to which they responded VERY quickly. The crux of that last query was, basically, "Did y'all find a way around charging Texas residents that ridiculous sales tax? I'd love to order some shisha, I just don't want to pay that tax." The tax is a crazy amount, like 300% or something like that. It's what's kept me from purchasing shisha from H-S for the last year--which sucks because they have such a good variety. Their response was, basically, that I didn't need to worry about it because they were selling their shisha to Texas residents at the usual price and covering the sales tax themselves. WHAT? NO WAY! I'll be STEALING this shisha! And steal I did, not a lot, but it was really nice to get the parts AND the shisha I wanted all in one stop.

So H-S gets a TEN, an A++, a big WOO FREAKING HOO from me because I couldn't believe that they were doing so much for their fellow Texans. This was my third order from H-S. Their quality service has only gotten better since my first order. And I really do love their variety of products and shisha.

I'm starting up a Hookah Rental service in Miami, FL and so I decided to do a small test order from Hookah-Shisha.com....We Ordered:

1x Nammor "Azizi" one hose Hookah
1x 250g Al Waha "Gum" or "Spearmint" flavor Shisha
1x 50g Al Fakher Lemon-Mint Shisha

The Hookah also came with a 50g Romman almond flavor, Al Tawareg (Mint), tongs, 50 foil covers, and a cover for the head which fits over.

The order arrived 4 days from when I placed it, and was packed perfectly with no damage at all!

Everything worked fantastic, and H-S was great to order with.

My ONE qualm, however, were the 25 QL coals that they send. I forget the brand as they have long since been used, but these coals are - as one friend described them - "Sparklers". They hiss and pop dangerously sending hot sparks and chunks of coal all over your furniture, and they burnt the hell out of my eye! Therefore, my only recommendation to H-S is that they upgrade to Three Kings QL coals, which are generally better in my personal opinion.

Overall, though, I would still give H-S a 10/10 as their deals and service were the model of what buying anything online should be like.

Ordered a new small MYA base, a small Nammor washable hose, 1 box 108 coconara's and some Tangiers Red Tea. Placed order on Friday night it arrived on Tuesday. (Yesterday). Everything was submerged in a sea of packing peanuts with the mya base being thoroughly wrapped in bubble wrap. All products account for in perfect order.
Even though I have pay tax because we are both in TX, it is still worth ordering from them.
FTR, you get free shipping if you live in Austin. Glee! Edited by squidget

I placed my first order with HS a few days ago. My hookah (Nammor Rotator) showed up broken, but not due to their packing! Everything was packed in bubble wrap and peanuts, the hooka just had a weak weld that failed. I called them up and they gave me a full refund AND let me keep all the freebees, which included a 19" furrat. Oh, ordered on a Saturday, arrived on Monday! I will defiantly be ordering through them again! Edited by Bornluckee13

I've been buying products from them over the last few months. Probably have bought around $300 worth of stuff. This last time I saw that a vortex bowl was in the discounted area and sold "as is" which usually contains aesthetic problems. When my vortex bowl got here, I went to smoke it and dragged extremely hard. I thought I had done something wrong with the foil or something so I stopped smoking it and just used one of my other bowls. Today I pick it back up wanting to try it again and start looking at it. Noticed the clay had pretty much occluded 3 of the 4 holes. I contacted support and they credited my account! They were quite nice and explained they were sold "as is" but since it couldn't function the only right thing to do was credit me.

10/10 customer service right there!

Received my first order from Hookah-Shisha.com today. The bowl was wrapped in bubble-wrap, everything else was smothered in packing peanuts (I won't need peanuts for a LONG time after today). I could kind'a smell the shisha through the box, now to decide what to try first!

My order:

Large black Nammor hose - nice heft fits new hookah well
Discounted egyptian bowl - meh, a few chips and not perfect, what do you expect for $2?
Boxes of Shisha
AW After 9
AW Bounty
Fantasia Pumpkin Spice
Havana Cola
Havana Bahrain Apple

Order placed 9/6, shipped 9/8, arrived 9/13 from TX to PA

Will likely order again, need to check out a couple other vendors.

ive ordered alot from hookah-shisha and they are legit, i got my items earlier than expected, wrapped very nice and great customer support. their my number one hookah site to buy stuff from

I got my second order from Hookah-Shisha today, and am still very impressed, and see no need to order from anyone else unless they stock something I REALLY want and can not get from them.

The order I got in today had everything included, and they even threw in a free Fancy Mouth Piece with my new blue Nammor! I ordered Monday afternoon, and got it earlier today. Everything was very well packed, including my new Vase. I also got my second free hookah from them. In the first order I got a Egyptian furat, and in this one a Mya Gellato. Very cool that they always change there freebies, and sense I typically wait and order everything in bulk, I always catch the new promo.

10/10!

Just as pleased with my second order from them as my first. Well packaged and stuffed with peanuts. I had a couple little things in this order, including a ball bearing since the one from the purge valve rolled under something. All the little things were bundled together and then bundled in the bag with the new green nammor hose.

One thing really cheesed me about this order though. They charge an extra $4 for a mya adaptor with autoseal. For that $4 I expect a different design not a hole drilled into a standard adaptor with a 5 cent screw to keep a 50 cent ball bearing from being inhaled. When I find my awol ball bearing, I'll convert my other adaptor into auto seal with that bearing and a 5 cent screen from the plumbing department at the hardware store.

The other odd thing was that the nammor hose I got for my BF is about 6" longer than the hose I got for me (they're both supposed to be the same size). I guess they knew it was for a guy and the whole "my hose is longer" thing LOL

I'd still give them a good rating and will go back.

Third order from H-S went even better than the first two made years ago!
Talked with Christopher via live chat about the forum discount code not working and her help me with that.
I had mentioned that I just fixed my Nammor hose for the first time since I have had it which was 5-6 years, I was praising them for the quality, cause I'm abusive.
He said that was awesome that I fixed it and gave me extra reward points!
When my Tangiers came in the mail in the little cube box, I found not only the Guanabana, Blackberry, and Mimon tobacco, but what seems to be an entire bag of [url="http://www.chupachups.com/"]chupachups[/url]!
One again outstanding service from H-S.

I've ordered three times from them, and all three times have been fast and great. I live in AL and they deliver to me in two days which is awesome. I had a slightly misshaped bowl once and they comped me in points for it. Also they give freebies on large orders a lot.
10/10

We had applied a 15% disc to our order, but then saw that we could get the furat hookah for free, so called and removed the discount, but were still under by 15.08...they waived it! Outstanding customer service on both chat and phone.

I started looking at hookahs on Hookah-Shisha.com because I was hearing ALL about them being a reliable good vendor.. I did my research and decided what my order was going to consist of and was hopeful that I had made the right choice by choosing H-S..

My Order

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Shipping Method: Priority Mail International[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Number of Packages: 1[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Discounts/Coupons Used: Free Furat Hookah with a Black Glass Base[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your earned 154 Reward Points on this purchase, which equals to $3.08[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]ORDER DETAILS UNIT PRICE TOTAL[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]==============================[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]==============================[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]==========[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]QTY 1[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]SKU Coal-Coconara-Box-108-Flat[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT Coco Nara Natural Hookah Coals (108 FLAT Pieces)[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRICE $14.99 $14.99[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]SKU BTO-Nammor-Euphrates[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT Nammor Euphrates (1 hose) Hookah[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Nammor Euphrates Base:: black luxor base[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Free Romman 50g:: lime[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Free Al Tawareg 50g:: wild watermelon[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Free Hookah Charcoal:: Coco Nara Natural Hookah Coals (16 FLAT Pieces)[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRICE $99.99 $99.99[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $99.99[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]SKU Misc-Screen[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT Hookah Bowl Screen[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRICE $1.99 $1.99[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]SKU BTO-Bowl-Vortex[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT Vortex Hookah Bowl[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Vortex Hookah Bowl:: Black Vortex Bowl[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Add an Extra Accessory:: Mod Bowl Grommet[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Add an Extra Accessory:: Hookah Foil Pack (50 Sheets)[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRICE $15.97 $15.97[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $15.97[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]SKU BTO-SB-100g[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT Starbuzz Shisha 100g[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Starbuzz 100g: blue mist[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRICE $10.99 $10.99[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $10.99[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]SKU RTL-Furat-1-Smoke-Washable[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRODUCT Furat hookah with black glass base[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PRICE $34.99 $34.99[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Subtotal: $178.92[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Less discounts used: ($34.99)[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Shipping Charges: $67.05[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] =====================[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Total: $210.98[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Thank you for shopping at Hookah-Shisha.com.[/size][/font]

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/Untitled-1_zps743129f3.jpg[/IMG]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]I had placed my order on January 5th only to find out 2 days later that there was a *free 50$ worth of items included with any nammor hookahs*.. I gave them a call and unfortunatley they were not able to add those items to my order but they did fund me 15$ in store credit. I am not complaining, a free 15$ is fine with me :) I really do appreciate the nice customer service.[/size][/font]

[b]First off, [/b]

[b]Selection[/b] : They had everything I was looking to purchase and even more then I had seen before. I WILL be placing many more orders with them in the future. 10/10

[b]Shipping[/b] : I was told it would take 6-10 business days and I was fine with that but what did annoy me a little bit was the fact that it took them a few days to actually process my order.. I guess I can see why if the items are hand made, they need to be made and packaged and all stock has to be accounted for in the order. In the end it was not a long/bad wait! 8/10

[b]Packaging[/b] : I should not even have to write this out if you have watched a review video from them before.. The packaging was OUTSTANDING, every item was double wrapped in a larger bubble wrap, and single wrapped underneath those layers in a layer of smaller bubble wrap. All the items were safely placed and tucked in the box which was STUFFED with packaging peanuts. Everything arrived in 1 piece, a few minor chips and scratches that I go over with the images below but besides that.. 10/10

[b]Quality[/b] : When I had first taken everything out of the box and got all the items laid out to examine them the quality of each item varied.. I can understand they are hand made and not mass produced by machinery so I will not be harsh about this. There were a few chips, missing/peeled paint, poorly drilled holes, cracks.. Over all I can rate the quality at 9/10 for ALL items.

[b]Customer Service[/b] : As I said up top, They had funded me 15$ in store credit because they were unable to add the items because my shipment had already been accepted so it was to late to change anything. I really to appreciate it and will be making a purchase soon and may possibly start doing some reviews with a friend. A few scratches,chips and cracks were on the items when they had arrived so I am going to email them with some pictures to see if they will refund the items, I will update this as soon as I hear from them. 10/10

Here is a general idea of how the items had arrived, notice ALL the packaging..

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0016_zps20110d7a.jpg[/IMG]

All of the items..

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0014_zps4dc8788c.jpg[/IMG]

The minor defects..

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0006_zps1aed283c.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0007_zps835ad8b7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0008_zps7999f2dd.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0011_zps011b2477.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0012_zps9fc1d8ed.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0009_zps1487cc08.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/META1ONER/Hookah/DUF_0015_zpsbaf1402e.jpg[/IMG]

I ordered a bung of disposable hookahs a couple of weeks ago and I received them and a lot of them were not working and the other ones were barely working I could barely get any puff I complained and no one got back to me or did anything and I ended up paying 100 and something dollars for nothing totally not worth it and I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone