Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mushrat

Hookah-Shisha.com Reviews

170 posts in this topic
I ordered 850g's of shisha from H-S.com, along with grommets (Which they got wrong), coals, and lighter refill. Now i thought i wouldn't get any candy cause i ordered before the 31st. Suprisingly enough they sent me a laffy taffy banana flavor (which i love) and a gummy tongue. When i opened the box it exploded with packing peanuts! I laughed so hard because it was hard keeping them all in there. It took relatively 4 days for shipping which isn't bad i guess. But what was cool about the order, is that i got some coupons for my next order biggrin.gif.

Overal amazing customer service (which i contacted for a shipping number, and was promptly told that i'd recieve one before the end of the day).

I love you h-s.com. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Got 500g of Tangiers and 1kg of coal all I can say is .............. perfect!

Fast shipping (3 or 4 days) and everything was in there I ordered Edited by bkag

Hookah-shisha is my favorite website. I've ordered with them 4 times. Their customer service is awesome ( i really love their online livehelp service). Very fast shipping. They're normally shipped out within 1-2 days and then take about 4 days to my country (in Asia).

Fast shipping, best customer services and reasonable prices. I give 10/10. biggrin.gif Edited by bobo_piggy

Online livehelp was very helpful for me.
Made a mistake on my order and they changed it for me real quick.
Also switched my black nammor preorder for the maroon they had in stock and added it to be shipped with my new order. (a mya gyro) All of this was done wednesday night. They shipped thursday and tracking shows its out for delivery today. Awesome company.

I ordered 250 grams of Shisha, a roll of coals, a washable hose, tongs, a grommet set, and a Mya hose adapter. I placed this order Monday night.

Wednesday afternoon I noticed a package on my front step, they got it to my house in 2 days! I opened it up and after being disappointed that they used packing peanuts, took out all my stuff and I had a few problems with what I ordered:

1) Instead of a 250g jag, they sent my 5, 50g packages, not a big issue (and I’m glad they did)

2) The hose had some small imperfections in the plastic (nothing a little sandpaper couldn’t fix, and for $7 I wasn’t expecting great quality)

3) They sent me the wrong adapter for my hookah.

So I went on their website at around 8pm Wednesday, and was like “hey, I got the wrong adapter” instantly I got an apology, they upgraded me to the auto-sealing adapter, and I revived my new adapter today! (Friday)

I’d do business again with them in a heartbeat, lighting fast shipping and low prices aside, it’s good to see that they are willing to fix their mistakes instead of trying to weasel their way out.

Hmm I was just reading down before I add anything, and seems like a lot of people were having problems with it getting shipped out on time...

Ordered 3x250g Al Amir, 100 33MM Coals, and a Tangiers Large Phunnel Bowl last night, and I had a shipping number at 5:45 in the evening (the next day), It's now "Departed from somewhere in Texas."

So far so good. Just waiting to make sure it comes ontime, and with all my goodies. biggrin.gif Edited by Patzke

I was ordering from Canada, and from my past experiences it is a royal pain in the ass to get things delivered across the border on time. Not so with this company: ordered last Monday, package sent Tuesday, picked it up a week later on Tuesday. So, overall it took 8 days from the moment of ordering to smoking my first bowl out of the new hookah.

Everything inside the package just as promised, including all the freebies they throw in. Contrary to other buyers' experiences, I actually got a good pair of tweezers smile.gif Package was full of styrofoam and although I'm a bit of a green-freak, I really appreciate the care put into securing the hookah; they put extra bubble-wrap on the bowl just like I asked them to do.

Overall, I think h-s.com provides first class service. Definitely recommend, especially if you're looking to import a hookah to Canada. Edited by mushrat

I ordered this before I found out that H-S just changed their declaration policy... apparently they've become so big that Canadian customs are specifically looking for their packages, and so they no longer will declare tobacco as "molasses" or as "gift".

Apart from that I've found them to be a great company- I got my Bambino from them with no problems and I've also done two orders of tobacco/coals with them that have gone great.

I currently have a preorder pending for a Glyph, 2 nammors, 2 hose covers, and a charcoal holder, some ball bearings and a valve adapter, so I'll post again when that arrives to review it for you. Edited by mushrat

i have placed about 20 orders with them so far. my first order is my only real complaint and that is that they left out some of my freebies they give for ordering a hookah. and also i used a code to get a free hose cover that also didnt make it.

my first hookah from them was a 1 hose lunar. (sadly this was stolen about 5 months ago.)

my second hookah I bought from them is a blue base 2 hose qt (ment to hold me over till i find that special 1 that I am still looking for.)

all orders arived within 3-9 days with ups ground shipping.

and they did make up the lost freebies to me by sending me a good wind cover and a 250g jar of shisha.

EDIT: well this is a first I placed my order on a wednesday and it still has not even been proccessed yet. Ill reedit to let you know when it arives.

EDIT: this is my first bad exspiriance with them below is a copy and paste from basicly a discruntaled rant I just made on another post about this crap lol. i will not be shoping with them again for a while.

THE COPY AND PASTE RANT: this outlines the problems I am having with them now.

ok I have never had a problem with hs before infact i love that site but the last couple weeks have made me sick of them and i am now on the look for a new site to order my shisha and accesseries from.

here is an email i sent hs outlining the problems i have had with them in the last couple weeks.

I have used your site sevral times without any problems infact you are my number one favorite site, but for the first time i am having problems with your service and even in placing orders.
1. i orderd my new hookah and some accecceries from you and it was not proccessed or shipped for about a week after i orderd i had to use your live help just to get my confermation number for this order becuase it was not sent to me.
2 my reward points did not show up again i had to use live help to get them.
3 I just tryed to place a $100 order and was declined on the same debit card i used to place my last order and i know the money is in the bank for this order and i know you got the money for the last order becuase i confermed it with the bank a few days ago. I now have to sign up at another website in order to get my shisha orderd tonight.
4. my password was changed from ###### to #######. what the heck is a ####### anyway?

I dont want to change where I buy my shiesha from but im afraid untill these issues are fixed I am left with no choice.

I edited out the passwords on #4 to read ###### otherwise that is word for word. Edited by Charley

Wow, so once again they came though. I ordered 3 hose grommets, 3 bowl grommets, a bmbino vase, and a bambino tray, and golden roll QL coals.

So, they sent it out on time and everything. It came, the vase was perfect, as was the tray and the coals. But the grommets i got were 8 hose grommets. I went and talked to them on Online Help, and they fixed it up in about 30 seconds, and are sending me a vase grommet for the bambino ON THE HOUSE along with the bowl grommets.

Yeah......Amazing. As always.

One of the best hookah businesses. 10/10 all the way around.

The customer service response time is impecible. I had a small mishap with a tin of starbuzz (wrong flavor) and they corrected it and are shipping me out a new Tin.

i definiely have good things to say about hookah-shisha, they were on time and had everything packaged great! 9/10

Ordered 4 times from these guys and the first three went through smoothly and usually took about 4-7 days with EMS shipping to Canada. No duties of any sort.
However the last order which was placed towards the end of Nov ended up with me paying around $40 in taxes and duties for 750g of shisha.

The 4th order was picked up by Canadapost at the border, while the first three were Purolator. Not really H-S's fault I guess and I really couldn't complain about the content or the condition of all the packages I have received from them.

Great company! Very professional and proactive in cleaning up any problems that arise.

I ordered all of my hookah accessories and hookah late September of 2007. I ordered a hookah that was out of stock, due to be back in stock in a week or two. Consequently, I was to receive a 10% discount on the hookah.

Two months later, my patience was wearing thin and still no hookah in sight. I ended up buying a Mya Paragon instead. But what was nice is that the rep (Matt I think? There are only three, all great), carried the 10% discount over to the new order due to the long wait time. Because of this, they have my respect and my customer loyalty. 10/10 highly recommended.

The only thing I might add is that their shisha is actually quite pricey compared to brick and mortar stores. If you have a local smoke shop that sells brand name shisha, I would bet you would be far better off buying shisha locally, assuming they had your flavor. But for hookahs and accessories, the price and service just simply can't be beat with h-s.

I live in Europe, and placed an order with hookah-shisha this week. I asked them if they could reduce the price on the order for customs purposes and they said they could not as they cannot violate international law. I said I understood, and asked for a refund which I got no questions asked within ten minutes of my email to them.

I think their web site is excellent, clear descriptions of everything, easy to order, and they have a great stock of real quality products.

Due to their excellent customer service (I am a grumpy old guy and really picky about this, believe me!), I thought it over and reordered some of the items so that the customs duty will be less. I think that they get picky about it here if it's over 50 dollars (I could be wrong, we'll see) so the order was for fortysomething dollars.

Living in the Czech republic (great women, great beer, great history and great friends from other countries) has it's issues and one is the thieving post office where packages sometimes simply dont show up.

But hats off to Christopher and his team, highly recommended, and standard caveat i have no connection to them outside of happy customer-let's hope all comes here OK.

Date Bought: December 14, 2007

Date Received: December 24, 2007

# of times purchased from vendor: 1st time

Items Bought:
  • Tangiers Super Pack (3-Pack)
    • Tangiers 250g - Cool Raspberry
    • Tangiers 250g - Maraschino Cherry
    • Tangiers 250g - Orange Soda
  • Nammor Hookah Hose (black)
Comments: I must say the items came in a very nicely shipped fashion. It certainly isn't the fastest compared to other vendors I have bought from (Nazarhookah, Mnhookah) but it did come in a timely manner. The shipping was in a box brought to me by the UPS man. Inside it had tons of peanuts and my nammor Hose and 3 bags of Tangiers were inside nicely. The only downside to this site is that shipping is normally a lot compared to the other sites mentioned. I just happend to be able to use a free ground shipping in the US code (usually when sites offer free ground shipping to the US, it usually excludes Alaska and Hawaii) but in this case it included Hawaii. I would certainly buy from Hookah-shisha again as long as I can use another free shipping code.

Grade: 8/10 I gave this site an 8/10 because if I were to order from this site without any shipping discount code, it would cost too much (shipping would cost more than the actual items ordered) If shipping would cost less I would gladly give this site a 10/10 Edited by ahhhdam

just made my second purchase from this site earlier tonight.
at first i was worried because after i placed my order i realized i did not change my shipping address to be different than my billing.
lucky for me the live chat was on which was nice since its still sunday.
they were quick to respond when i asked for them to change the shipping and all was well.
then i realized that the homepage says free ground shipping on any order over 35 bills.
well i reviewed my purchase and i was not given this.
so now i have to wait until tomorrow to see if they will honor that advertisement.
im sure they will but my primary business has been changed over from my original vendor to hs because their selection and fast and very helpful service. A+

will repost if they help me out with that shipping

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Dec 30 2007, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just made my second purchase from this site earlier tonight.
at first i was worried because after i placed my order i realized i did not change my shipping address to be different than my billing.
lucky for me the live chat was on which was nice since its still sunday.
they were quick to respond when i asked for them to change the shipping and all was well.
then i realized that the homepage says free ground shipping on any order over 35 bills.
well i reviewed my purchase and i was not given this.
so now i have to wait until tomorrow to see if they will honor that advertisement.
im sure they will but my primary business has been changed over from my original vendor to hs because their selection and fast and very helpful service. A+

will repost if they help me out with that shipping

You have to put in the discount code when you check out to get the free shipping. I believe it's GROUND35. It also doesn't stack with the forum discount if you went for that.

Have not received my order yet (I am in Europe) but they were quick to respond to my email questions and were helpful, clear, and professional. I get a good feeling from their web site.

I could save money by ordering in Europe but I am sticking with them because they have excellent quality items that I just can't get here and I will not settle for second best. They may not have the biggest selection, but they have very high quality hookahs and after having gone through two, it's foolish to not get the best if you want the best experience.

Last year I got a Syrian from Smoking Hookah that was advertised as having a 'stainless steel shaft'. Well, this turned out to be an OUTER stainless shaft and the inner shaft picked up all kinds of odors that are harder to get out. I would give smoking hookah a 6/10 and hookah-shisha so far a 9/10.

First time Hookah order!

I ordered:
Mini Black on Black Pear Hookah (I ordered the plain stem yet I got a light up stem which was $5 more and they didn't charge me...can't complain there smile.gif )
2 x Romman 50g sample (Grape, Banana)
2 x Al-Fahker 50G (Berry, Mixed Fruit)

Smooth transaction, I immediately got my shipping and tracking information. Also, a very important note, the shipping was calculated very well. I hate when I see people paying $20 shipping for a 1lb. item on eBay. Hookah-Shisha 3 day shipped me my order for less than $12. The hookah came and looks nice. Came with free coal screen, plastic hose caps, wind screen, tongs, Golden Brand coals, 2 50g Romman ect.

For the entire bit shipped I think I paid a little over $50 (USD). On top of it all they offer "reward" style points and I already have $4 worht of points to get off of my next order. Great company, I will probably continue to order from them exclusivley unless I find better deals elsewhere. Edited by gr!m

Ok guys, I really feel the need to get my feelings about HS off my chest:

HS is a company with great customer service, there is no lie there. However, every single order I have ever made with them has been nothing but problems. Granted, they do figure everything out and get everything straightened out, but in order for a company to be a good company they should at least have some sort of quality control and should put a little more care into insuring their customers get what they paid for. Here is why I say this:

My first order with HS
1. I order my first hookah, the 2 hose syrian engineer. Yeah! Time to start my hookah carrer right?
2. I wait around a week with no sign of a hookah or even a tracking number, so I hop on live chat and ask what gives? They tell me there was "a problem in the factory" or some line like that, AKA they forgot to ship the hookah. They are very appologetic and agree to throw in a freebee which I think was a windcover.
3. So finally another week roles by and the thing shows up, my initial reaction WHAT THE FUCK!? I payed for a $114 hookah, I get what looks like a $20 hookah. It is made of corroded brass, does not even fit in the base, has no autoseal, the bowl doesn't fit.
4. I hop on live chat again, they are again very appologetic and tell me to send back the hookah and theyll get me a new one. So they send me a new one in around 5 days and this one looks closer to what I pictured. Not spot on, but good enough.

I understand that syrian hookahs vary in quality and blah blah blah, but couldn't they at least LOOK at what they are sending to a customer dropping over $120 on a transaction?

My next order was not nearly as big as a problem, I paid for USPS priority and they sent my package UPS ground. Not a huge deal, I just hate UPS ground and it just built on my frustration with them not caring about what they send people and just rely on fixing everything after the fact.

In conclusion, HS is a great vendor and i will still use them. They have great prices and always figure everything out however they should take a little more care in quality control and should rely on getting people what they order in a timely matter rather than on fixing the inevitable problems.

OK I know im not done with my order yet, so hopefully they will do something to make it up to me...

On January 2nd I placed an order for 3-250g Tangiers (Orange Soda, Blueberry, K Peach) and a box of coals.

On January 4th I had not recieved a shipping conformation so I sent them an email asking if something was wrong.

On January 6th I checked my email and I had an email from them saying that they were out of stock so I can either change 2 of my flavors or wait until they get more in. Both of these flavors were in stock when I ordered.

grr, thus far I am unhappy, but I will definately update once this is all over and done with.

I ordered a MYA QT. The freebies came. It was a smooth transaction. They processed it pretty fast. UPS just took forever to get it to my house. I ordered it the dec 28 and arrived today. Eh. The QT is my first hookah. I think I will do business with HS again.

1 small wire charcoal holder
1 250g of Tangiers Red Tea
1 large Phunnel
2 rolls of 33mm Golden Coals

I placed my order on the 3rd and received it the 9th. Took advantage of the triple reward points and free shipping offer to finally try out the funnel and Tangiers. Packaging was great, the bowl was wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap, lots of peanuts. Shipping invoice, coupons, flavor mix sheet, and everything was great. Now, if only I can figure out what the little knobby lever-type thing on the coal carrier is for, I'll be golden. I'll always order from these guys when I can, but they're a little expensive.

Plus, they taped a lollipop to the inside of the box!
...Wtf? Oh well. Chuppa Chups cherry ftw.