Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mushrat

Hookah-Shisha.com Reviews

170 posts in this topic
ordered 3 50g boxes of Romman tobacco, a bag of Lemonwood coals, hookah foil covers and 3 Fifi hoses from them, it shipped the next day, and arrived at my house two days after the order. I live in Austin, so Im guessing from the quick shipping they are local. Either way, everything arrived safely and quickly, and this is definintely a good site to order from.

I use them regularly as I live in the Austin area. They always ship fast- and even one afternoon when I needed a new seal- they sent it with that days shipment even though they had already gotten everything else out! I've never had a bad experience with them.

TxBrit

This is the 4th company I have ordered from. Easy website, very good selection. Nice prices. I orderd a Bohmenian Red Base, some grommets, and wood coals. Shipment came about 7 days later - base was chipped AND wasn't decorated as the picture on their site. Emailed them. Waited - almost week later got reply (after I gave up and hand-decordated base myself).

They were willing to replace the base and threw in 2 packs of Romman shisha. Very surprised package came less than 3 days later. Only 1 problem - base was CHIPPED again, this time worse. Base was well wrapped & packed, but still chipped. Let them know - not worried, told them not to send another replacement. I think it was UPS, not them as the dude I delt with said he packed items himself... AND the way they were packed, I really can't see how it chipped. I think UPS was playing football with the box.

Order from them again? Yes - I LOVE that Peach Romman shisha! YUM! tongue.gif

Recieved my order on Friday (30' Ice Torrent) and took the weekend to try it out a heap before writing up a review.

First of all the packaging:

Was extremely impressed with the packaging, i picked up a huge cardboard box from the post office and on returning home proceeded to open it. Inside was another small box which contained a hard case surrounded completely in packing foam. Opening the hard case a was pleased to see a massive amount of bubble wrap keeping everything secure and well protected. NOTHING was broken or damaged which surprised me greatly considering it took 6 weeks on a ship to get here. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Thumbs up to hookah-shisha there...

The Hookah itself.

Extremely well made and built to last, the stem is solid as any i've seen, the design stunning. It smokes like a champ when used properly. By that i mean that the steel covers they have for bowls dont seal well over the bowl and allow air to get in everywhere but where the coals are, resulting in little smoke....

I used alfoil instead and 1 Golden Quick light coal instead and you couldnt see the stem through the base, which is a sure sign the smoke is thick as hell!

I got an Acrylic base for it as i wanted a base that i could screw the stem onto as some of my mates are not as careful as i would like resulting in a few smashed bases (cheers guys). Very impressed with the base, it's wide it has a good chamber for holding smoke and the seal the threaded base creates is second to none..

One problem i did find - the ball bearing clearing valve isnt too crash hot, it looks the goods and lets air out fine but as for getting rid of smoke its hopeless....
It's kinda like when you blow through the hose the air goes straight out the valve without circulating.... Small issue but one all the same!
With further examination and conversing with HS this is a small design defect - air goes straight from hose out the valve sad.gif)

The cleaning equipment and the tongs are good quality and will definately make it a piece of cake to clean!

The Hose:

72 Inch leather hose that lets so much smoke through you only need to breath normally to get all the smoke you need through it, there is absolutely NO effort required to smoking through this and the flavour is incredible!

They also included a washable hose in the package which is always a bonus.

Tobacco:

Got my 2 free Romman samples: Mango, Grape

Both extremely juicy and really tasty smelling.
I havent tried the Grape flavour yet but the mango got the thumbs up from all my mates and myself.

7 Flavour Al Fakher Sampler pack:

Well as an avid Al Fakher smoker i decided to get one of these to try some new flavours and OMG am i glad i did, i recieved:

White grape
Orange
Strawberry
Rose
Mint
Apple
Dbl Apple

Orange: Kinda tastes a bit jaffa'ish - very citrusy (sp?) probably better as a mixer...
Strawberry: Extremely Tasty - has a coconut after taste, highly recommended
Rose - Not my kind of flavour but a small amount used in a mix can e quite satisfying.
Mint - IMO overly strong, but as a mixer (using small amounts) it's great.
Apple - OMG best apple flavour i have ever had, the taste was incredible, it coats the tounge and licking the lips afterwards just shows how flavoursome this is!
Dbl Apple - Has a fair amount of Anise in this, very nice but IMO Apple leaves it for dead!

Coals:

Golden quick lights - Not too impressed with these as they get extremely 'soggy' so to speak when burning, if you touch them they just turn to dust pretty much after they have been alight for a while, which results in ash going into the bowl...

Surprised at the heat they put out though... definately wasnt expecting them to be able to burn as hot as they did...

Mod Bowl

My first reaction when whipping this out of the bubble wrap was OMG this is insane, it's huge and is extremely well made, was VERY impressed.

In summary - I'm buying from them again For sure - was such a smooth transaction no problems and no worries well done Hookah-Shisha!

I'll try get pics up soon! Edited by McDarragh

Just ordered some Al Fakher samplers and coals to Australia... will let the minority of us ozzy people know how the international shipping goes... I shipped via USPS Global Express Mail which was the most expensive option so hopefully it doesn't take too long!!

Just received my third order from these guys yesterday. A++ On time delivery, everything packed great and nothing missing. They even thew in some freebies that I wasn't expecting.

Order:

Ivory Mini Hookah (1 Hose), Romman Strawberry 50g, Romman Sweet Melon 50g, Al Waha 50 g after nine, Ultimate Combo Bowl, Heba Diffuser, Universal Mod Ice Chamber, Blue Cobra Hose.

Others: All the stuff it came with, 2 Packs of Golden Coals, Tongs, Cleaning Rod, Filters, Mouth Tips, Base Sleeve, Hard Carrying Case, Washable hose, Metal Screen.
Extras: 10% Off Valentines Day Special (No one can love you until you love yourself...)

Since it was my first purchase I decided to use their "Live Person" quite extensively. Talked to pretty much the same guy "Scott" just about every time I connected. I dunno if he is the only guy workin there or what, but he was very friendly. Answered all my questions and did so without making me feel as though he had other things to do. Through every step they kept me in the loop with everything from the billing to shipping. I was very impressed about how smoothly the order went. A+

This was my first hookah order, and it went very smoothly.

I ordered a 22" Egyptian one-hose hookah (the "nile"), and a 3-pack of 50mg Al Waha shisha + charcoal.

The package arrived 3 days later, everything went smoothly with processing and shipping. An order confirmation, recipt, and shipping confirmation were all e-mailed to me. When the box got here I was a little concerned - it looked pretty beaten up. One side was crushed in and another corner looked like it had been dropped. Luckily, everything was well packed so there was no damage in transit.

The instruction/setup sheet was pretty basic, though there was a lot of info packed into one page. Anything that was lacking was readily availbile from the H-s website (or this forum!).

The "extras" were all included - charcoal, screen, windcover, etc. I am especially grateful for the windcover, since I'm in a small apartment and paranoid about burning the place down.

The one - and only - glitch was in the shipping charges -- I had selected USPS priority on the website, but it was sent UPS. I later noticed that the terms said USPS is only used for PO boxes and int'l orders - this was entirely my mistake. But one quick e-mail and the difference in cost was credited to my account, which I think says a lot about the level of service and thier desire to see return business!

Overall, a good transaction, a good customer service experience, and very good product. The order came with coupons for future purchases, and the discount given to forum members is generous. I will definitely do business with them again!

Well I received my package in just six days... not bad at all considering the order was shipped from US to Australia... The shipping charges are pretty high for international priority but it beats waiting 4-6 weeks for it to arrive on ship... Cheers!

Ordered a large variety of shisha, 2 hookah's, and Romman Coals.

They all arrived in perfect condition and made perfect timely shipping.

The chart on their site is VERY accurate.

Said it would arrive on my doorstep the third day after it was shipped
and it did (texas to central kentucky). Orders always ship the day after
you order from there.

Customer service cannot be beat there.
Their live service is outstanding.

Rewards program is ok,
but it's not enough to make me wanna buy from there again.

for every dollar you spend there you get a penny or something petty like that.

Its the overall experience of dealing with the site that makes you want to come back.

Now only if they would get more brands of shisha... Edited by Kingsofronin

Customer service from them was absolutely amazing. They shipped out my package the day after I placed my order. They included lots of free goodies. When I received my hookah, the bowl did not fit as tight as it should. I called them, they and the gave me a few tips and still ended up shipping me out a new bowl no charge. Great guys, can't wait to order from again.

i placed on order with them last saturday, the 8th. my order came into today, the 16th. i found their customer service to be great. i forgot to use the Hookah Forum discount, but i emailed them and they gave me the discount in reward points.

however, my package was missing a couple of the free gifts. i did not receive the washable hose, or the filters. i did receive a wind cover, which was unexpected. in addition, i ordered the green mya vortex. when i placed my order, the site said they did have green in stock. i received a call last week from them saying that the green was out of stock. i opted for the "dark blue". when i received it today, it was more of a purple/blue then a "dark blue" as they had described it.

*update*
i contacted HS to let them know about my missing items. i guess they no longer include washable hoses, and have edited the item descriptions to say they include windcovers instead. the scrolling images of the free gifts are somewhat misleading though...

and my filters were included, i just wasn't looking in the right place Edited by ydnaHnairB

I ordered from H-S, and upon getting my money order, I recieved my 4 hose, 30 inch pharoah in 4 days. I included Several 50g packs of alwaha, and got all my free accessories as well. Everything was well packed, millions of peanuts!! lol. The base was WRAPPED in bubble wrap, took me a couple minutes to get it all off. All the hoses were well packaged, and I couldn't be happier. 3 rubber stoppers which was nice considering I forget to order some. No problems at all. Would do business with them again, and I plan to very soon for some tangiers. A++++ 10/10. Just wish they'd get some smiley's, but according to several people i've talked to, they are planning on it!

AMAZING customer service!

Ok, so I was having probs with a hookah that was a gift, but NOT purchased through HS with a hose adapter, again NOT purchased through HS, but they have online live help so what the hell, I'll give it a try.

Kyle was amazing! Walked me through all the possible issues - even stuck it out while I chatted with him on one end and emailed someone at the house to try various solutions on the other! we finally got it working and he was friendly and patient the whole time.

I was really amazed that once he figured out I hadn't purchased from them, he didn't just drop the whole matter.

They've got a customer for life from me anyway

I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. They don't ship with tracking #s, but their customer service has always been awesome and their packaging is almost too robust - tons of styrofoeam peanuts to send bricks of Shisha tobacco? I appreciate the caution smile.gif

Just received my order from them (2 Hose Ebony Tower w/ Romman Mint and Strawberry + Al Waha Sampler). The order came exactly when expected, would've been sooner but UPS doesn't deliver on weekends. Everything was packaged really well, but for some reason my Romman Mint had leaked all over everything. Also, I received the wrong base for my hookah. I called them up and talked to Scott who added some more shisha to an order I had placed last night as well as gave me credit for the bowl (they were out-of-stock on the one I wanted). Yeah, great customer service!! I am definitely going to be using their site for a while.
9/10 - would be 10/10 but received wrong bowl, the credit rocked though so 9.5/10! Thanks Scott.

EDIT: When I decided to use my hookah I was getting no bubbles or anything so I called HS's toll free number and talked to Jonathon. He walked me through troubleshooting and was very upbeat, even though my cellphone kept dropping the calls and I had to call back numerous times (he even called me back!). It turned out that I had a clog/kink in the hose and the ball bearing was missing from the purge valve. Afterwards I enjoyed some Al Waha Pina Colada and then some Rose, mmmmmm. They are going to send me a new hose and ball bearing. Jonathon went way above and beyond to help me out. Hookah-Shisha has by far the best customer service I have ever experienced. They now have a new customer for life. Edited by BlearyCzech

Got my mini pear hookah from them yesterday, got here super fast, all the extras were amazing! Came with coupons as well for next orders, even came with a complete hookah breakdown and setup guide, I didn't need it, but it's very cool of them to do that, it was packaged WELL, so many peanuts! There was no way this thing was going to break in shipping.

Will buy from again, probably the only place I'll buy from again!

HS is great. I bought a the syrian chiller 3 hose from them some time around June of last year. It was right after they changed their site layout and there was an error (fixed soon after i ordered) and i ended up being charged 3 times. It got all worked out and they hooked me up with some shisha. I have had various problems with things like grommets breaking because they were too tight and they always hook me up. They are good guys over there and i recommend doing business with them. Edited by ghostofdavid

My first time ordering from Hookah-Shisha was great!

I ordered a Mya Acrylic hookah from them yesterday, with the two hose auto-seal option.

I went on there today and wanted to order the Heba diffuser, but I decided to take advantage of their "live help" system, and ask about it.

The guy I talked to was real cool, and answered all my questions. It turns out, my hookah hasn't shipped yet, so he offered to throw the diffuser in with the hookah package, and then gave me a friendly discount.

He said it was going to ship today, and will send out an email containing the tracking number.

They covered all my bases, so I'm fully satisfied.

Hookah-Shisha.com was the first website I ordered coals and tobacco from, and I've been happy enough with their service to continue ordering regularly. Aside from offering a hookah forum discount (big props), I've always received my order in roughly five business days without any trouble. When I couldn't get the combo bowl to sit properly, I sent them an email and received a free bowl grommet that was thicker than any other I'd seen and fit perfectly in the combo bowl's wider stem receptacle. They regularly have great deals, offer a complete setup of coals, accessories and tobacco with the purchase of a pipe, a good selection of accessories, they send a set of coupons with each order, you can follow the rundown of your order in real-time as it passes through different cities on it's way to your door, and they offer combo deals on tobacco and coals.

And now, the cons.
They only carry one brand each of quicklites and natural coals, and have a relatively limited selection of tobacco. Customer service is at times unprofessional (that being said, I've never felt like I couldn't trust their knowledge and opinions), and relatively high prices on accessories and pipes.

Overall: A really great hookah company that if anything could do with a larger selection and lowered prices, although the forum discount and their regular turnout of discount offers helps with the latter.

Ordered a hookah from them. On time and everything that was suppost to come came and some extra goodies! Very good company, would definently order from them soon.

I just got my very first hookah from hookah-shisha.com. I ordered the Sphinx, 1 hose hookah in red. I got Romman mint and orange for my two free shisha and I also ordered a bag of al ajdad natural coals.

The transaction went very smoothly. I had a free shipping discount they had emailed to me, and I apparently put it in wrong, so it didn't get applied to my order, but a few emails later (which were exchanged within a few mintues, to my surprise), they had refunded the shipping charges, no problem.

When my hookah arrived, it was packaged very well. I wasn't afraid of anything being broken (which is great, in my opinion). I unpacked everything, and gave the hookah a wash (as the instructions suggested). Then I looked at my hand and saw some red stuff on my hand. Lo and behold, the red paint (or stain or whatever it is) on the glass base was starting to come off! WTF is that? Surrendered to the fact that I didn't really care about the paint starting to come off (and it was covered by the matching base protector anyway), I let everything dry and began to assemble my hookah. The first thing i noticed was how incredibly hard it was to get the stem into the base. Is that normal? The I found out that the hose and bowl gromets didn't really fit right. The hose one fits fine after I pushed it way up the hose. The bowl gromet doesn't really work at all. It fits almost flush in the bowl, but when I push the bowl down on the stem, it just pushes the bowl up until it's so loose, I don't even want to try using it.

Two relatively small problems with an over all great transaction.

Hookah-shisha.com:
Price: 9/10
Customer Service: 10+/10
Product Quality: 9/10

Post-smoke update:
After the maiden voyage, I am quite pleased with my overall purchase, but the bowl gromet really makes the hookah pull crappy. But my friend (ever the MacGuyver) suggested and used duct tape to cover it, and we were off and smoking. Edited by garykainz

I have nothing but good things to say about this company, I forgot to use my discount code, they were happy to credit my account with the 15%. The shipping was excellent! Took one day to process and 2 days to ship from Texas to Nebraska. Everything came in perfect condition, I ordered a 2 hose ice torrent. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this company for hookah lovers, they don't only provide high quality merchandise, they have great customer service and shipping. laugh.gif

I've ordered three times from Hookah-Shisha and so far no problems. Great customer service. I will definitely order from them again.

I ordered my first hookah and coals from them two or three weeks ago. They gave me more than great customer service. After having tons of problems with the companies that I ordered the parts for my truck when I was doing the restoration on it, I was expecting to get more crappy online dealer service. This couldn't have been farther from the truth. Their live online help was nice to have when it came to deciding on which hookah I wanted. I ended up going with the 34" 4 Hose King Tut which showed up in perfect conditiion and a day early.

After I placed my order I realized that there was a discount code on this website. I sent their customer service an e-mail asking if there was any possibility that they could refund it afterwards even though it had already been shipped. I received a message within 3 hours saying that the 15% had been refunded and asking if there was anything else that they could do for me. Even though their prices are a little bit higher than most there is no doubt in my mind that I will be a loyal customer. There isn't enough that you can say about businesses who conduct themselves like that, it's few and far between these days. I'd give them 5 stars. Definitely a smart place to spend your money if you want quality products and GREAT customer service.

Cody