Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mushrat

Hookah-Shisha.com Reviews

170 posts in this topic
This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with www.hookah-shisha.com. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

Ordered (In August 2006):
Crown (light blue) AKA MYA QT
w/ Romman (Peach and Sweet Melon)
also ordered: half box Golden QL coals
250g AW Strawberry

Transaction went 100% smoothly. Very satisfied with my order.

This was the first company I ordered from. Awesome service and good shipping. Everything is great and is still holding up and thats been over a year ago. Ive ordered from them recentally and service was just as good.

My first purchase online was with hookah-shisha. There live help was an awesome service it let me chat with a person who was knowledgable before and after I ordered. I ordered the sphinx, a two hose 26" Egyptian, Foil Sheets and recieved there freebie package. I was not informed prior to ordering that they were out of the washable hoses (I feel they should inform customers before there order arrives if they already know there out of stock, which hookah-shisha did know about the hoses). They sent a windcover, which is a nice substitution but I'd rather have a washable hose. Also, I didn't use the clay bowl they provided till weeks after my order, when I did it broke in my hands as I was putting it on the hookah. Delivery took about a week and they use Fed-Ex as well.

Overall I would order again, but I give them a 7/10.

I purchased a dark blue mya qt from hookah-shisha in August, 2006. I had a great experience with hookah-shisha. They shipped my order out quickly. I received everything that I ordered. I don't like the fact that they give you romman because I didn't really have a great experience with romman, but that is besides the point because, other companies don't give you an option of which brand of shisha you recieve when they give you free tobacco with you order. Like I said before I am very happy with my experience with them. I like the fact that they give you lots of free goodies with your order. I would give them a 10/10 because they shipped my order fast, had great customer service, and recieved my order packaged nicely (freakin peanuts).

10/10

First some cold hard empirical facts:

Ok my order was:
250g Al Amir Blackberry
250g Al Amir Cherry
250g Al Fakher Esk Apple
FREE 25 mouth pieces

Order was placed on the the 11th, sent out on the 14th and arrived on the 23rd.

My opinion:
The package arrived safely, correctly and without incurring any tax. Although some of our american brothers might gasp at the time it took to arrive this is actually very good compared to my other experiences. Initially I chatted to someone on the live help feature on the 14th and he told me it could take 3 weeks to arrive but I was pleasantly surprised to get it within 9 days.

I will probably be using hookah-shisha.com as my online supplier from now on, but the elusive search for a half descent local hookah shop will still continue
laugh.gif

Only complaints I would have would be the high cost for shipping $20 US for 750g and the fact that the orders are not mailed out immediately. But these are problems one has to endure with all the US companies not just hookah-shisha.

Ordered my first hookah from them about a year ago, everyhting was nicely packaged and arrived in a timely manner, a smooth transaction without incident. The hookah was of nice quality and has served me well. Another solid, and trustworthy vendor.

My order was shipped and received with no hitches.

Everything was in the box... the Egyptian hookah ( very pretty and leak free!), the free goodies and a windscren to replace the unavailable washable hose in the free bee package. I am glad I got the screen! biggrin.gif

My 2 packs of Romman Dbl. Apple are smelling pretty good too. I will use them again for sure.

they dont seem to have a v. good selection of shishas... but they were the first people that i ordered from, everything was great, i ordered an egipitian hookah and a green velvet hose cover, it came with complementary shishas, which i opted for the apple and the licorice flavors....

everything arrived well, and i had no complaints except that there was a slight ding on the stem... but nothing too noticeable, and nothing to really complain about.. they had very good customer service, and replied to all my questions very swiftly...

shadow

Thumbs up to Mr. Romman

I do not believe my humble review would merrit the pages of the maassel reviews, but that Dbl. apple he sent me raised a serious eyebrow from my friend who came over to help me break in the new Egyptian.

We had 2 hookahs going..mine with the Romman and his, a true Syrian with a male bowl loaded with Nakhla Dbl. apple. The Nakhla is, according to him, the standard Dbl. apple at most Middle Eastern localities. As a matter of fact it tasted, smelled and smoked just like the Dbl. apple we smoke at our favorite restaurant.

The Romman came in head and shoulders above Nakhla in smoothness and coolness of smoke, it is definitely lighter/less harsh. The Romman had a delicious after taste of the anisette that the Nakhla lacked and the apple taste of the Romman was not "imitation" in its flavor at all(even the color was natural and appealing). My friend's manners did not allow him to take my second box of Romman which I offered, but he did take the contact info! We smoked both hookahs for about 2 hours, coal after coal. Both kept their flavor very well but the Romman continued to give me that refreshing aftertaste the Nakhla didn't have.

I have since smoked the Nakhla in my hookah to ensure there was no "equipment" differences with the experience and I got the same results... same Nakhla flavor and thick after taste... pleasant, sweet and strong but a bit harsh on my throat.

The Romman is definitely a maassel to take out for the special after dinner socialization. It will most definitely find a spot in my cabinet. For me, Al Fakher Dbl apple for the "everyday" session (Nakhla gives me a head ache after too long) and the Romman for my special guests/times. This is not to do with the cost either, it has to do with the refinement of the Romman and the change it allows me to enjoy from what I consider a standard Dbl apple.
If it sounds like I am biased to just one flavor it is because I have promissed to dedicate one traditional flavor to this hookah.

In a nutshell, my rambling equals a positive for the vendor and the products offered.

Ciao!
JV

They have fast processing and delivery. love my hookah. the only thing is that one of the hose conectors has a burr of metal on it and it ripped through the grommet and cut into the hose. so I sent them an e mail aking what I should do file it or what . It leaks a little even with the stopper in the hose connector sence it is kinda a single hose now. I hope i get a reply. other than that they seem like a very good company. fast, nice packaging. got what I ordered. ordered a double nile more shisha and lemon wood coals

Ordered a syrian hookah with genie base, excellent shipping. good deal compared to other sites, and lots of extras. Fast and safe shipping, will buy from again so I can post more fragmented and run-on sentances about them. :-D

My Order:

Sky Blue QT MYA S-Class
Light Blue MYA Cloisonne Hose
50g Romman Sweet Melon (free)
50g Romman Raspberry (free)
250g Al Waha After Nine
250g Al Waha California Dream
250g Al Waha Orange Cream
1 Box of Three King charcoal
1/2 Box of Golden Charcoals (free)

One small problem with my order. The cloisonne hose had a different pattern than what shown in the picture. I notified HS about this and in turn the gave me a $10.00 credit to my account. All items were packed very, was processed very fast, very smooth transaction. 10/10!

If I ordered my hookah on Dec23 when could I expect to recieve it, with the holidays and all???

I ordered some al waha today over the phone. Everything has gone good + their live help option is the best ever! thanks... I will deffinatly order from hookah-shisha.com again!

I ordered a 1 hose Nile on the 2nd, it shipped on the 3rd, arrived by UPS on the 5th. I received everything as I expected to (the hookah, and the freebies). I had way too much fun refreshing the tracking page...

QUOTE (ArcAngel @ Jan 5 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you ever receive your order? I am dealing with a similar experience except I ordered in October! Interestingly I also got the "short staff" comment. I am still trying to get some resolution with them but 12 weeks is making me impatient :\

NO, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ORDER, AND I AM NOW IN OTTAWA. seriously. supposed to be there on xmas day in saskatoon. and now im not even home to receive it. like WTF WTF WTF. F***. im currently on the phone on hold with USPS to see if i can somehow redirect my order to ottawa instead of saskatoon. and that would prbly mean paying more AGAIN. #1 customer service my ass. that is all i have to say about them. next post will be when i receive it somehow, someday, if EVER angry.gif .

Wanted to let everyone know that I received my Hookah and shisha tobacco order two days ago and it is a long story of which I will be brief.

I ordered back in October and after two months nothing had arrived. I was shipping to Canada and I made the mistake of using standard shipping. So I'm not sure if things got lost or held at customs but since it was not trackable there was no way for me to find out. The H-S people asked me to check with my post office and call customs to see if there was any way for me to find out if they had it there. No luck on those. When reporting that back they agreed to resend my order but that I would have to pay for the shipping. This time I chose the trackable courier. It arrived very quickly (still spent a few days at customs) and it shipped intact even though it was opened at the border (I was worried about this).

I had hoped I wasn't going to be charged to ship it again and I am not sure if they will or not (I havn't seen a charge on my credit card yet).

Now the shipping aside the Hookah I ordered the 3 hose glyph hookah. It's beautiful and was easy as heck to set up. The auto seal system was a nice touch and I recommend that.

I will order from Hookah and Shisha again but if ordering to Canada I strongly recommend going with the trackable courier.

I ordered from hookah shisha a while back and when recieving my order i found that i was missing several items and my hose was damaged... feeling rather discuraged i called the customer support and not only did i recive the missing items, i recieved free boxes of shisha and a free wind cover... i would definatly order from them again

I love this place!

The reason I ordered from here is because my local Hookah bar recommended them. I also chose them because they have the customer reviews for every product--it's really helpful when buying. Another feature I like is the "Live Help". You can just click a button and ask a question versus having to waste your time calling them. I also love how you can look at where your package is on their site--they keep all your records in your account too. Nothing is confusing about it at all.

I ordered:

1 22" Nile (2 hose) Hookah
1 Order of Foil
1 Wind Cover (small)

It took six days to receive it ( I live in Georgia, shipping from Texas). The packaging was excellent, they WRAPPED the glass base in huge bubble wrap (took me a minute to get it off wink.gif ). As far as I know, nothing came broken.

Overall, I would buy from them again. I will say that they are a little bit more pricey, but I'd rather pay a little more to make sure that I get what I ordered. I might not order any shisha from them because they seem to charge a bit more.

Nice instructions and coupons in the box!

10/10

the first time i got into hookah ( i then sold it and now im back) they were incredible with service. i bought about 150 dollars worth of stuff then right after i asked if they could take out a box of coals and some other stuff and use that money to ship it express. they said np. the next day for whatever reason they couldnt ship it so they included everything that i had previously taken out and shipped it express all because of 1 day!!! i was very pleased with them, will definitly do buisness with them again

A+

Just received an Ebony hookah from them. I have to say that customer support is fantastic, helping me choose the right hookah for me and answering all my questions very quickly. Shipping was also quick using USPS Air Mail, it took only 5 days to get to Canada. The packaging was really well though-of, I guess I could have dropped the box down a 10-story building and the hookah would have survived. Also, free romman tobacco with the hookah is alway nice. I only had a bit of a problem with the email confirming shipping, they send it two times a day appart, but it was quickly solved using the online help. Anyway, I'll buy from them again.

well, just yesterday i ordered a Sphinx (3 hose) Hookah, Al Waha 50 g Variety Pack (after nine, jasmine, blueberry), 2 Rolls of Golden Coal (40mm).... the thing that really attracted me to them was the amount of free stuff they give if you buy a hookah and hearing about their customer service.... so... hopefully everything gets here pretty quick, and without a problem, i'll update when i receive my stuff!

Ok, I personally think they had a very speedy delivery to my house, nothing was broken when it arrived, i received everything i ordered... i think they did a VERY nice job about getting it here ontime, especially because we had a pretty bad winter storm blow through here recently, i'm surprised they didn't fall behind a day...

Packaging, they did great... box was LOADED with foam peanuts, glass base was wrapped in bubble wrap, other things were bagged nicely and wrapped up...

hookah smokes pretty nice... and BOY is that after 9 overpowering if you don't wash the hookah before the next flavor... lol

i'd rate hookah-shisha 10/10... excellent... Edited by Oni_Dragon

Service is pretty decent. I ordered a ton of stuff to use the valentine's day coupon. The extra hose attachment doesn't fit any of the three hookahs I own. The shisha isn't as fresh as it can be. Makes the smoke more meager. Then again, I'm probably expecting too much. The only really good shisha's I've gotten were from my friend who went to Israel and ordering from smoking-hookah.com. Also, the afzal I can get locally is fresh since they're located in collegetown and sell real quick. However, afzal in general is pretty poor. But at the same time it's kind of sad to see a great product like al waha only be marginalyl better than afzal due to degraded freshness.

AMAZING. My brother ordered my hookah and tobacco from these guys the other day, when chatting with one of there customer service guys, I found out there was a discount code for forum members. Since it was too late to use the discount, I asked if i could get it anyway. The guy said sure, and boosted my account with 24 bucks of store credit! Really cool!