! DANGER ! DANGER ! DANGER !

the shirt? ruined, but i kept it for display purposes.

the hookah? well, in the ensuing panic, we ALMOST knocked it over, but the coals did go astray, and they had to be picked up.

and fooling around near the hookah? i assure you, it was not in our daily planners. pure...well, i wouldnt say 'accident', but we most certainly didnt plan it. it just kind of happened, you know?

I just had a pretty good one biggrin.gif

I was smoking some Tangy Orange Soda last night, and my dog (a long legged jack russell), mananged to jump up and get tangled in my hose. The hookah tipped a little, but I caught it. The funny part is, even though I caught it, the coal still went flying, and landed DIRECTLY on my dogs ass end, like, right behind his tail. My parents ended up calling downstairs to find out what I thoguht was so funny.

i dont learn. this is now my 5th time smoking the minerva right next to my head, and once again, coals decided to attack me XD this time a small piece broke off and dropped down onto my hat, thankfully keeping me and my hair from pain XD

I use sterno cans to light coals, and one time that long hair of mine drifted into the flames path. It made a woosh sound and the smell of burning hair lingered, but no lasting damage. It's probably the scariest thing that happened to me.

I had a coal explode on the stove once and bits of hot embers flew everywhere. I saw a big chunk fly off the stove, but I didn't see it on the floor. Mainly because it was right by my bare feet and I stepped on it when I moved. Hard enough that I crushed it. Funny thing is that it barely burned my foot, but it left scorch marks on the linoleum.

Another time a small piece of coal flew off onto the floor and I, not thinking about what I was doing, reached down to pick it up with my bare hands. Never did that again...

We were having one of our daily hookah sessions at my place awhile back during Summer here, and while holding a coal in the tongs my buddy Sean turned to talk to my buddy Phil and the coal exploded showering Phil's face and huge amount of hair. It was downright hilarious. I have also had a coal explode and burn my hand, and also while working my hand slid up the shaft of the hookah and hit the tray while a flaming hot coal was resting on it giving me a nasty burn.
P.S. No Phil's were hurt in the making of that event.
-Dan John

• 4 years later...
At first I thought Travis was the one who ressurected this. A comment like that to an almost 5 year old post? Priceless