! DANGER ! DANGER ! DANGER !

Once when I was with a large group of friends at my friend Rob's house we were all sittin around a newly prepared hookah, I was sitting right next to it while sitting indian style upon the floor and the coals started with their crackling sounds... and I literaly said it "I hope one of thoes coals doesn't pop with me sitting right here" and just then one did and a little red hot burning piece of coal hit me on the corner of my right eyebrow! I am sorry but that is way too close to hitting my eye. That was the only time that I had actualy been hit by a popping coal and it didn't do much harm to leave any scar or anything thank god.

Anyone else have any dangerous hookah memories they would be up for sharing?

I was trying to get my natural nour finger coals grey all the way on one side, so I was blowing on it and then I heard pop... a firey peice of coal hit right below my eye. It even made my eye water (though it didn't hit my eye). It was one of the scariest times in dealing with coals... I now wear sunglasses when doing that... lol.

ok,
hazmat suit... check
hairnet... check

...gotta be safe when smoking. You need to wear your protection *nods*

the craziest hookah experiance that I've had is when my friend Rob and I smoked a shisha bowl while having alcohole in the base of the hookah instead of water. We used about %90 wine and the rest was vodka. Oh my god, it was insane! We thought it might get you an alcohole buzz... but nope... it just changed the way the hits felt inside of you and most of all the smell of the smoke... the smoke smelled exactly like vodka! It was crazy. Defenantly not something that I will ever ever do again but it was worth trying just that once and we did end up smoking the entire bowl that session. Afterwards I thought that alcohole probably doesn't belong in your lungs eh?

Craziest hookah moment for me was when a friends dog knocked the hookah over, spiling the coal onto my friends arm, which he then pulled his arm back fast slamming a nice hole in the wall with his elbow XD it was down right hilarious, till i noticed the hookah had broke :'(

Once my coals are lit, I move them to a metal bowl that covered with foil for a few minutes, then straight into my bowl with a mini wind cover on it. I started laying down a towel under my hookah when I smoke, and already there's burns all over it from popping coals and my hookah getting knocked into. No carpet/self burns though smile.gif

Mini wind cover: (it's off an "ultimate bowl")
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/wor...st/IMG_4756.jpg

scariest was when i was laying on my couch and had my 3foot tall SS Minerva set up behind my head, taller than the couch will coals floating above my head. I pulled the hose a lil hard and the hookah rocked, and i saw those coals dump off the side, i just knew i was in for a nice burning. nope they landed on the tray thank god XD

Macho; i cant say ive had one explode yet. Break apart from the slightest touch and go everywhere yea, but not 'splode XD

I've had charcoal go off and then hit my eye, especially natural coals. Once, I was blowing on a Japanese coal and it sparked and the spark seemed to make a circular trajectory and hit me in the eye! Even more interesting was I was wearing glasses at the time. It hurts a little, but you probably won't go blind from a spark hitting you in the eye. Th biggest problem is washing out that gritty little grain that used to be the spark!

I got hit in the eye twice. Burned like hell for a second, but It was fine after that.

On a somwhat related not, I have scars under my eyelid from when a bonfire went wrong and shot ash directly into my eye. THAT sucks.

Still think fire is cool??

(Yeah is totally is.)

Captain Courageous, I remember exactly what you were talking about, both instances. The one where the coal nearly zapped you in the eye ball and the manischewitz/vodka in the base smoke.

Eric, I know how you felt when the Japanese Coal beemed you in the eye. A couple of months ago I blew out a candle that was in a jar and the embering wick flew up the side and hit me smack in the cornea. I was wearing glasses too. They should make welder's face shields for hookah purposes... but my eye was irritated for a week and I had to put some mineral oil goop for healing. Fire bad.

Damn Darth. That's risque business. Foolin' around with the hookah in close proximity! Did the hookah fall over or was your girlfriend's shirt just ruined? Hopefully it wasn't a pricey shirt.