Hookahkings

mushrat

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with www.hookahkings.com. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

• 2 weeks later...
I have ordered twice now from HookahKings. The first time I ordered a Mya Acrylic along with some 50g shisha samples and a roll of 3 king coals. The second time I ordered a set of cleaning brushes and a box of the coals.
Everything from them arrived in tact in a timely fashion. It only takes them one day to ship the order and their prices are pretty fair so its worth it. I would happily order from them again in the future.
10/10

• 2 weeks later...
Made my first purchase from HookahKings and everything went very well. I called up Jon and he was very friendly and helpfull. He e-mailed me the tracking # and my order shipped the same day biggrin.gif When my order arrived at my house everything that I ordered was there and well packaged. Will definatly be doing more business with HookahKings in the future. They get an A+ from me.

I ordered a large egyptian hookah from Hookah kings about two weeks ago. The order went very well. They called me the next day to tell me that the item I'd ordered was out of stock, so I chose an alternate and the package was shipped the same day. The confirmation email they sent included the UPS tracking number, and the package arrived in perfect condition two days later. I would not hesitate to order from them again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is my experience with hookahkings.com.
This is what I ordered.

Tangiers Ceramic Inverted Funnel Hookah Bowl
Tangiers Premium Hookah Tobacco -Juicy Peach
Sinbad Caramel Twist Hookah Tobacco
Tangiers Premium Hookah Tobacco - Coco

They emailed and told me they were out of the Inverted Bowl and the Carmel twist. They asked if they could send me a blue large bowl and my choice of flavors - I chose Tangiers Pear, which was ok. The next problem occurs with this:

I did not get the Coco tangiers, instead i received Sinbad Brand Virgin Vanilla.

EDIT - UPDATE!
>Alex,
>
>My sincere apologies for your uneventful experience with Hookah Kings. We
>have hired new staff for the holidays and have had some quality control
>issues due to the learning curve of getting them up to speed quickly.
>
>I would like to get your order corrected ASAP, so I am sending out the coco
>Tangiers today and you can keep the Sinbad vanilla and blueberry. Again my
>apologies.

This company. to my great suprise, has remedied the mix ups very nicley. I will do business again. Edited by lickirish

• 2 weeks later...
Just before Christmas I ordered [url="http://hookahkings.com/Large-Hookah-with-Red-Tinted-Base-c-265-p-18950.html"]this[/url] hookah from Hookah Kings; as myself and my roomate just graduated from Boston university, we thought the red would be a good touch. In addition, we ordered two extra 250g of shisha (Al Amir Sour Apple and Al Waha Pineapple). When I received the order, there were a few problems.

The tobacco and extras that came with the hookah were exactly what I expected; the hookah itself, however, as not. Rather than red, the tinted base is pink. Not just a light shade of red, but pink. Also, the hookah is shorter than advertised. Rather than the 34" it is supposed to be, the hookah measured about 33" to the top of the bowl.

In the end, I called them and spoke to Adam. He was extremely understanding and helped me choose a base color that I might like better. I thought his service was great and i decided to not mention the hieght but I still think they could verify the heights better and advertise the exact height.

Anyway, plently of people seem to have had good experiences with Hookah Kings, I guess I was one of the of the few who didn't get exactly a 10 but I ive them a 9/10.

Thanks,
Joe

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the many companies I have ordered with, mostly because I was going to use their wholesale pricing. I ordered 5 tubes of sinbad tobacco and a bunch of al waha.

everything came perfect within 5-6 days it was at my house. no mess ups.

Only complaint was when I called recently asking if there was a reason why their wholesale prices went from 50% to 30ish% they were kind of rude. Not the guy that picked up the phone, he was cool reccomended some flavors but the wholesale guy acted like he was too busy to talk to me or something.

oh well, would order again their prices are great.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (failurechild88 @ Feb 23 2007, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the exact same hookah from hookahkings (a 4 hose large egyptian 34"). It is about 6 inches too short, had some dust or clutter inside the stem, and had a cracked base. The quality seemed really shitty but it smoked alright. I am going to email customer service and ask about this. I'll keep you posted.
Fast shipping though...

Edit: Please edit this post after you contact their customer service department.

EDIT:

I talked with Jon at customer service and he was extremely helpful. He sent in a new base, a mya hose and some shisha and coals as reimbursement. I am now contented.

This was my first buy from them, i bought a ceramic bowl, vase protector, and a new large handpainted vase. Everything totaled out to be $40.70 including shipping. I order this on staturday and it came today on thursday. I live in California and they are in New Mexico so 4 business days w/ UPS Ground shipping isnt bad at all. Everything was packed nice and neat with no damage to the box. Smoked my hookah 5 minutes later with all the new parts and had no problems.

Overall I give them a 9 out of 10 only because i wish they had so more shisha selections and so more accesories to choose from. So i had a great experience and will be definately buying from them again rolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Recently completed a small order with hookahkings.com -- some shisha, japanese silver coals, and a small funnel bowl. Shipping was prompt, everything was well packed, and it all arrived right on time.

Overall a good expereince. The thing I most appreciated was the ability to select shishas from different brands in a "package" deal -- most of the other companies I've dealt with will give discount packages of 3 or 5 50g packages from one brand, but HK.com lets you mix and match brands. this is especially good for us newbies who are still experiementing with different flavors and brands. Additionally, there is a generous discount for forum members. <br>

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (s2svetko @ May 2 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just ordered the Tangiers funnel bowl. Got it in 3 days and shipping was only $7
Awesome servei too...

I've been thinking of getting one of those funnel bowls from their site. How do you like it? Does is smoke well?

QUOTE (d SLovAk @ May 2 2007, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (s2svetko @ May 2 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just ordered the Tangiers funnel bowl. Got it in 3 days and shipping was only $7
Awesome servei too...

I've been thinking of getting one of those funnel bowls from their site. How do you like it? Does is smoke well?

They smoke awesome. I recommend them for sure

• 4 weeks later...
I ordered a 4 hose egyptian from these guys through shisha-hookah.com. (Hey I am new I know a few basics but all-in-all have very little experience with hookah). Long story short, I am very happy overall! Hoses were decent, the poof at the end of the handle is already falling off of one though (its about 3 weeks old) The ash collector is loose, and doesn't fit well on the top. A few of the tobaccos they sent were good. All in all I am VERY happy... maybe next time i will order through their main site [url="http://www.hookahkings.com"]www.hookahkings.com[/url]

• 1 month later...
I ordered from Hookah Kings a while back, forgot to post a review however.

I placed an order for some Al Amir, Tangiers, Coals, and a hose. Order processing was fast and was immediately notified of the completion of the order. However shipping took a bit of time, I was given a tracking code along with my order notification, but no activity other than hte carrier's notification was seen for two days. After that it only took 2 and a half days to be shipped to the east coast, recieved the package around 3 on the 3rd day. Overall a good transaction, could have wished for more notification on shipping, however.

• 1 month later...
i ordered from them about a month ago, got a hookah package and 2 windcovers. everything was ok, i had to sand and melt layers off of the base grommet just to get the stem to fit into the base. further digging through annoying packing peanuts revealed that they sent me 3 windcovers! and MORE digging found one of the 50g boxes of shisha to be soaked in molasses/glycerin. i opened the box and found the inside bag to be open and leaking everywhere. i emailed them and called reapeatedly to ask if i could send the extra windcover and open box back for an unopened one, and never got a response. if they cant even take care of a small problem like that then ill take my business elsewhere. i only ordered from there because the hookah package seemed like a deal, only to find out the only thing special was a few extra boxes of shisha. also could have gotten the same hookah for cheaper at HC.

• 1 month later...
Just ordered a funnel bowl from them and I got the tracking number on same day. They have a great looking straight forward site. UPS mucked up how long the delivery took, but thats not their fault. Hookahkings, if I can use a little vernacular, is pretty crunk! I will definatly be do my business through them in the future. Big A+!!!

• 8 months later...
i purchased an arctic 3 from them two weeks ago. on memorial dayto be exact. contacted them the next tuesday they said your hookah is being packed and shipped this afternoon. I received it 3 days later exactly as promised. They also called me to check if I had received it and how I liked the products. Great Service!!

• 2 months later...
I helped my friend order a hookah and some sheesha from Hookah Kings a few weeks ago. Placed the order on a Thursday, got here the following Wednesday. Everything about the hookah was perfect, no dents, all the pieces fit together. Only problem with the sheesha was that one box was slightly leaking juices. No biggy, still smoked great.
Overall - 9/10

• 5 months later...
I ordered from these guys a little while ago. My shipment got to my house ridiculously fast. Probably cause it's only a state away, but I was still surprised. When I opened it up, I was a bit irked. I ordered 5 tobaccos and only got 4. I emailed them right away, they replied very quickly, appologised and sent the 5th tobacco out immediately. I'm really pleased with this company. Their prices are pretty much awesome too.