Socialsmoke.com Reviews

mushrat

I saw mention of a discount code on someone's thread, but can't find it in the vendor section. I don't even SEE social smoke in the vendor section...maybe I'm blind smile.gif

Anyone know why they're not there, or better yet what their current discount code is?? cool.gif I'm definitely gonna try them out this week on the SB shisha sale. Edited by SilverK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

placed an order for 3 tins of starbuzz. free shipping was amazing. the price was the best cause a local store sells them for 55 + tax. but social smoke has em for 50.

package arrived in 3 days, which is standard for ups. discrete packaging was good. said "order fulfillment" rather than social smoke, which was an added bonus.

but i'll give them a 9.9/10 because i sent an e-mail just to introduce myself, but didn't get a reply. that's fine because everything went perfectly.

REVIEW OF SOCIALSMOKE.COM

THE DEAL
: This was my first time ordering any hookah-related items online, mostly because there's a wide range of shops in my area thanks to living close to ASU. I decided to buy from socialsmoke.com because they had 100g sizes of Starbuzz shisha on sale. I can hardly ever find that size locally.

SHIPPING: I ordered on Monday 5/4/09, and the UPS shipping info said it would be here Friday 5/8/09. I got it Friday, which was a few days' wait, BUT it was free shipping. I could have paid A LOT for faster shipping but I didn't. I was surprised at how costly the shipping options were, and if I had needed something urgently I'd have been unhappy paying so much, but that wasn't the case with this order.

WEBSITE: Their website was good, easy to navigate and find stuff, except for when I tried to modify the shopping cart. It was just screwy.

MERCHANDISE
: This is the only bad news...I'm very happy with the Starbuzz shisha choices they had. I found all the ones I wanted except for one (fock...) BUT I didn't like the fact that they were out of quite a bit of stuff! I was shocked. Really. I thought these guys were one of the BIG-TIME vendors...so why were they out of basic stuff like a few hoses? I had to settle for my third choice in hoses, dry.gif and even then they only had it in ONE color. Lucky me it was the color I wanted. But it was a downer that they didn't have all the stuff they advertised on their website. What's up with THAT??? I really really really wanted a different hose, a common one really, but I was too cheap to go to another online vendor and pay shipping for just a hose. So I sucked it up and got it here since I was already spending a lot on shisha. And I got a discount...but NOW I'm wishing I'd not bought this hose and just went somewhere else for the one I really wanted.

Silly rabbit... wallbash.gif

ONLINE ORDERING SECURITY: I haven't had my credit card info jacked yet...

PACKAGING: The box was so damn clean that my manager commented on it. They packed it perfectly and everything was in dandy condition. Well done!!

COMMUNICATION: I got a confirmation email from socialsmoke. Right after that I got the UPS tracking number via email. That's the only communication I got, aside from the email they sent when I registered as a buyer. That email came with my first-time buyer discount code. I liked that email! tongue.gif

PERKS: They gave me a first-time buyer discount of 15%, which was better than the usual 10% discount offered as a member here. Would have been nice to have BOTH discounts though eh? I really did like the fact that they offered FREE SHIPPING as long as I was willing to wait for it. I'd rather do that than have to shell out $16.00 (their cheapest shipping for what I bought).

WOULD I ORDER AGAIN? Only if they have the best price on what I want AND they have the damn thing(s) in stock next time!

OVERALL: 9/10. I wish they'd had the hoses in stock I wanted (they were sold out of both of them). AND their selection was limited on other items I WOULD have bought had they had them in stock. They could have made more money off me had they had some other miscellaneous items in stock.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got my MZ perpetual river! This is the first time I have ordered from socialsmoke and I am very impressed. Everything arrived in perfect condition. The pipe was in a box inside another box with tons of packing peanuts and fragile stickers on the outside. I can see they took the time to make sure I would'nt recieve a broken base. Tons of freebies were included with my purchase and the pipe is great. The only thing to complain about would be some weird green paint splash on the bottom of the base? No biggie though. Overall socialsmoke is a very solid company and I will definately be ordering from them again. Edited by norcalsmoker

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I got my order from ss about 2 weeks ago. I didn't have any problems except the stem was kind of loose on the vase but a new grommet from a local smoke shop fixed that. I ordered a Magdy Zidan Gemini in red. It also came with 2 packs of ql coals, and 2 boxes of shisha. I got cherry and mint and both were very fresh. The prices were great and shipping was very fast. I would definitely buy from them again.

edit: spelling Edited by UnforgivenSinner

• 2 months later...
I just bought a MZ Fotata or as SS likes to call it... Gemini.

For $50 shipped i got the hookah, coals, upgraded nammor hose, layalina samples, hemi bowl, wind cover, and all the standards like tongs, tray, etc... also a complete cleaning kit. Order to receipt of items was 6 days, great considering it included a weekend. My shipping address was different then my billing, they called to make sure it was me. great service.

I may order another MZ from them.

Oh and the packaging was top notch... it was like i was ordering a crystal from mikasa or something. Edited by detroitmak

• 5 months later...
Ordered an 18 Inch Jr. Hookah from these guys.

3/14
I got a confirmation email from them about my order about 2 minutes after I clicked to send payment.

3/16
Within 48 Hours, UPS had my shipping info and I had a tracking number.

3/19
It looks like they didn't actually pick up the box from Social Smoke until 3 days later..as it is marked as in transit.

3/25
Delivered to my Doorstep.

3/26
Despite the superb packing packing, excessive bubble wrap and packing peanuts the vase still broke.
I don't know what UPS did with the box, but SS definitely packed this thing really well.
I called them to talk to customer service. The lady was really nice, I was realling holding back because of how nice she was, and then I kinda complained about the slowness in shipping, and she asked me when I had placed my order, and I told her the 14th, I told her I thought it was ridiculous I waited 12 days, when I paid for 3-6 day ground shipping. She agreed with me, and then agreed to send a replacement vase via 2 day airmail saver THE SAME DAY!

3/28
The Vase Arrives
Along with it, a little sorry for your inconvenience package containing 3 rolls of Belgian QL 33mm coals, and a 50g sample of Caramel Apple, 50g of Sweet Melon, 50g sample of pomegranate Starbuzz Shisha!

Long story short - If you order, avoid UPS if you can.
As for the vendor themselves - 10/10.
They bent over backwards to make me a happy customer. When the shipping company screwed up the goods and the time on the shipping..they threw in 20$ worth of free shisha and coals.
If only every honest business practiced this way.

These guys can expect my next shisha order!

• 1 month later...
I ordered 100g of Tiger's Blood, Baja Blue, Chai Latte, a bottle of cleaning solution, and a base protector.

I placed the order on June 2nd. They shipped it the same day.

I received the order today (June 7th).

I don't know how they were able to get it from Texas to Iraq in five days. It usually takes ten to fourteen days for stuff to get here from the States.

A+

• 7 months later...