Socialsmoke.com Reviews

mushrat

My experience with social smoke was incredible. I ordered at around 2am...i had included special instructions to upgrade to a long handled mya washable over the social smoke hose...i got a call the next morning just confirming that and asking if i wanted a custom hose cover on the new hose as well. Im in oklahoma and they are in texas so ups ground was overnight...i couldnt be more pleased i will be doing much more business with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered from them twice, first was shisha only. Second order was replacement base, hose, and other acessiors. Both orders came fast, well packed - nothing missing or broken. Nice website, although at times alittle pricey, but worth it most of the time.

Order again? Yes - best place for parts that I have used.

Placed my order with SS on monday March 12, arrived friday March 16, 3 days earlier than expected. Everything was exquisitely packed. However, I was missing 3 250gr tubs of layalina and 3 boxes of Japanese coals. Other than that, everything was excellent.

EDIT: I talked to Ali the monday after my order arrived and he promptly took care of me. I will definitely order from them again. Edited by theghost

• 1 month later...
A while ago i ordered a large oasis single hose hookah from social smoke. They shipped it out right away and the quality of the hookah, base, and gromets were all top notch. I was also impressed with the cleaning kit as well really good quality. However i did have a problem with them when my pyrex bowl shattered during a session. I went to their website and saw that there were no warranties on the bowls but figured id call them anyways to hear the bad news but i was pleasently surprised when the sent me out a new bowl that same day! I gotta hand it to these guys top customer service i HIGHLY RECOMMEND them.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow Only the best service and products, I can't say enough good things about them I am VERY glad I went with SS laugh.gif

P.S. Mine came with MYA hoses biggrin.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by QdMaster

Tried to place an order with Social Smoke recently.

Received an email stating they were unable to process my credit card because the address assigned to the card didn't match the address I submitted. I tried to call them using their toll free number; unfortunately all I got was a busy signal as I believe it is for U.S. callers only. Unable to reach them by phone I sent an email which should have cleared up the problem.

Did they sort it out? I have no idea, they never replied! After reading Johnny D's complaints I actually hope it doesn't go through. As a secondary complaint, I also have to say I find their web design quite poor.

As for the payment problem? Well, I just called my credit card company and they told me no failed payment requests were made, "they must have made a mistake at their end".

I'm glad you American folks have had good experiences with this vendor. However, I have to go with Johnny D on this one: for us Canucks and Brits it is best to look elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just bought the social pack of Layalina shisha from Social Smoke. Came the day it said it would, Shisha still very very fresh! Great customer service also. WILL definately buy from them again. A+ company!

• 4 weeks later...
Ordered from SS on Friday, received my order around 2:00ish today. I got their 3 pack of Japanese Quicklite coals (silver tabs) and a 250g tub of Layalina Lemon tobacco. Everything was packaged very nicely a neatly with plenty of foam peanuts to keep it all safe. Opened my boxes of coals and not one stick is broken.

Fabulous vendor, would order from them anytime. They will definately have my business.

• 1 month later...
ok i ordered back in february and bought their SS hookah came with the SS bowl and other SS products. I figured i would give them a test run before i post about it.

First off what i ordered"
28'' Blue frosted Sirius single hose hookah
came with a medium Social Smoke bowl, tongs, Social Smoke BAg, washable hose, hose cover, and 2 50g samples of havanna. wind cover, mouth tips, 2 rolls of coals, and cleaning brushes.
i then ordered some shisha (in total 10 50g boxes) wanted to try em all.
half a box of coals (cause i cant read and thought it said full

Ok i dont use a credit card so i payed with a money order. Keep in mind i live in Canada so things take a while. I placed a order then realized its not whjat i wanted, i contacted them telling them to cancell and they did without question. I then placed the order i wanted and the next day i went to mail out the money order when i realized i forgot to use my discount code. I told them and the re calculated my invoice inclusing the discount and told me its no problem. I then sent out the money (after re doing my order twice and getting it write the first time, all was my fault). I sent the money and they informed me that the hookah was out of stock and asked if i wouldn't mind waiting. I said not a problem and they told me it should be a bout a week. If i remember correctly it was less then a week and they contacted me telling me the package would all go out tommorow. Well they sent it and included a tracking number and i followed my little hookah all the way to my door step. Opened it up and instantly fell in love.

The craftmanship on the social smoke hookah is excellent. The bowl is nice and sturdy and all pructs were as described. But this isn't a product review section so on i go. I noticed that the hookah bag was missing a velco pocket. I contacted them and they immidiatly sent out a little pocket for me.

The conclusion: I must have been very hard to deal with as i changed my order several times with them. I was very picky about what i wanted (it was my first time, no first timer really knows what he wants) and they handled me with excellence! I believe this company strives for customer satisfaction and they do that with 5 stars. Great products, great customer service, great communication!

A++++++++++

• 1 month later...
I just recently ordered my first hookah from social smoke, the small three hose hookah (which I like very much by the way). Everything came alright except that there was no charcoal tray, but I sent them an email and they responded that the package is packed by the manufacturer and apologized, and immediately sent me my tray. Outstanding customer service.

Then when I dropped my bowl and broke it I ordered another one along with the (I think it's called social pack) with 3 250 g tubs of Layalina and a box of coals, and I just received the package on time tonight.

Overall great company, the hookah forum discount is awesome, and above all great customer service. Will definitely be ordering from them again.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had my SS 31" Marble Syrian for a few weeks now. There was one slight issue with it... that being the stem had a slight wobble to it as it sat in the base. No problem. I fired off a PM to Ali (thanks man!) and explained it to him. He sent me a bunch of grommets a few days later free of charge, and with enough tinkering, I managed to rid myself of the dreaded wobble. The pipe smokes incredibly well, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for Ali personally inspecting it before it was shipped out.

Summary: Top notch customer service, fast shipping, and the quality of their merchandise is top notch! Social Smoke will be getting much of my business in the future!

• 1 month later...
A++ I ordered from socialsmoke yester day at 6 and today at 5 I already had my hookah and I payed for the regular shipping. this is also do to the facts that they are in fort worth and I live in austin, but that is still really fast. I will be ordering from them again, this might be the only place I order from.

From Social Smoke, using the “holidays2007” discount coupon (25%), I ordered 500g of SB mango, 250g of SB white peach, 500g of SB lemon tea and 250g of Lemon Mint.
As usual, everything was well packed and fresh.
I placed the order on tuesday and it arrived today, 3 days latter, here in South Korea.
Top notch service.
The box was opened by the US customs but nothing was missing. it seems that we can order up to 1.5kg without being noticed by the Korean customs.
thanks Social Smoke!

Ordered:
250g SB Watermellon
250g SB Kiwi-Strawberry
250g SB Grape
100-pack 3-Kings 33mm
Social-Smoke T-shirt (freakin' cool)

they called us and told us that they no longer carry 3-Kings. They offered to substitute Belgian Quicklights, which are the same size as the 3-Kings that we orderd. We agreed and they said that they'd send a free 100g of SB to compensate for the inconvenience. We picked Honeyberry. The order took about three weeks to get here, and my wife and i were concerned so we called to ask what the delay was. the order arrived two days after that. They are located in Texas and we live in Virginia, so it appears that they did not ship it until we called and complained about the delay.

despite the delay, we were very satisfied with the order. they really took care of us. the honeyberry is great and the Belgian coals are better than the 3-Kings, imo.

they have the best selection of shisha. We'll definitely order our shisha and coals from them again. i just hope that next time, they live up to their reputation of a fast delivery.

Thumbs up! Edited by Dom

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered a 33" Syrian with an ice chamber from Social Smoke.

Shipping took roughly a week via UPS ground from Texas to Oregon, and the hookah was in excellent condition when it arrived, aside from one mild crease in the hose. The website never updated showing that the hookah had shipped, and I did not receive a tracking number online. However, after calling them they were able to inform my that my hookah had indeed shipped on 1/2/08 and provided me with the tracking number.

I'd give them a 9/10. My only regret is that I didn't try picking it up in person since I was visiting the Dallas/Ft. Worth area when I placed the order.

• 1 month later...
I originally ordered the large chrome and gold syrian hookah from them along with a box of 3 kings and it came with an extra 2 rolls and 2 layalina flavors. This place is TRUELY INCREDIBLE. he gave me 3 kings because i had heard bad things aobut the belgium coals for no extra charge. Also he called me the day it was to be shipped to inform me that they no longer carried the large chrome and gold syrian anymore so he upgraded me to the 36 inch oracle II (27 bucks more than what i ordered) with a frosted white base and a blue stem with a dark blue hose for NO EXTRA CHARGE!!!!! Since he didnt have layalina peach he gave me havana instead which im perfectly fine with. He kept in touch with me the whole time and i was able to reach him on the phone as well as on email. great guy. great service. probably the best experience ive had with a hookah site so far. 10/10

• 1 month later...
These guys are all-around great. I've ordered bowls, shisha, and coals from them multiple times and have always been happy with the service. Good communication, fair prices, fast shipping.

If they would only carry Fantasia they'd be the one and only store for me....

• 1 month later...
I ordered from them during their free hemi and screen promo. The bowl I got wasn't great, the glaze was cracked and after about 20 sessions it started leaking through the cracks. Emailed them and they replaced my bowl and screen plus threw in a washable hose for the inconvience. I just have to say wow. That kind of customer service is going to get my business again.

• 4 weeks later...
I needed a windcover and wanted to get the domed one. I saw SS had them, placed the order in the morning along with some layalina shisha, called them up to schedule a pick-up and picked it up in the afternoon. 10/10

• 1 month later...
Ordered a new base for my hookah since the old one broke and a few 50g's of Layalina about a week ago.
Got the package today, base was wrapped securely in bubble wrap and all the shisha seems to be fine, bout to go smoke some now.

• 5 weeks later...
I have placed a total of 3 orders from these guys.

First two orders had no problems. Placed them, they came two days later, well-packaged and all that jazz.

Third order was placed on Saturday. Got a call on Monday stating that they were out of the 250g Layalina Raspberry that I ordered (something about how they haven't gotten a restock of said tobacco in about a month!). I wasn't interested in any of the other Layalina flavors they had, and asked if I could simply get 250g of another raspberry tobacco instead. They gave me a tin of Starbuzz at no extra cost. After this small issue was resovled, order came in a few days, again in superb condition. One of the 50g Layalina's I ordered was leaking a bit, but nothing overly drastic.

The merchandise is great, the customer service is great... I'm a happy customer.

Overall, I give the vendor a 9.99/10 (with the only curiosity at WHY they INSIST on renaming the MZ's sold on their website.)