mnhookah

mushrat

QUOTE (Matt-641 @ Feb 25 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question...since I pre-ordered Scalli's Herbal shisha both that and the coals I ordered arn't due to ship out until the 3rd..which I'm totally fine with.

My question is. If I order something else say today or tomorrow, will that be shipped out with the other stuff (maybe reducing on shipping costs)?

If you call Tarik, I'm sure he will modify your order for you/combine shipping...I think he's done it before

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another successful order from MNH! (Delayed review...)

Ordered around 4 kilos of tobacco, and 5 boxes of coconaras. LINKAGE

Ordered the cocos on 14/2, and the tobacco on 15/2. Both were processed on 16/2 and shipped out on 17/2.

Internationally dispatched on the 19th, and I picked up both packages from the post office on 26/2, pretty awesome.

Everything came well packaged, one thing was that there was no packing peanuts or or any bubble wrap in both boxes at all, but all the items in there was stacked up pretty nicely so that there was minimum movement of the items in the box. Everything was safe.

Also got a 100g sample of Fantasia's cupids arrow, and an extra 50g of SB lemon tea, since I think they were out of the 250g tins so they sent me 3 tins of the 100g pack instead. NICE!

Very good experience with MNH once again. Very good vendor choice for international customers. You won't be dissapointed. 10/10!

Well, I ordered through MNH for the first time after hearing about them on this forum but my experience has been less than stellar.

I ordered a MYA QT starter kit to leave at my parent's house for when I come visit. I placed the order early on a Saturday and it got shipped late on Monday. Shipping is where my first problem arose: I chose the flat rate shipping of $10.50 and then I receive a confirmation e-mail on Monday saying it was shipped 'oh and that also it cost an extra $16 to ship so they were adding that onto the price of the order'. Aparently the problem was that they were shipping to Puerto Rico and while it's not international it is outside of the lower 48 so it costs more. The issue for me was that the flat rate shipping was one of the things I used to choose MNH when placing this order - if I had known it would cost $26 then I probably would have ordered with someone else.

Second issue (minor): They sent me the wrong confirmation number, so I was trying to make sure I was around for the delivery but when I called USPS they told me my package had been sent to Germany... huh? Well I called Tarik and he told me they had provided me with the wrong confirmation number and that the package had actuaylly been delivered today. Ok,problem resolved.

Third issue: I open the box with much excitement only to find out all the 'extras' that were part of the 'starter kit' were missing: no mouthtips, no cleaning brushes, and no coals! I don't care about tips and brushes but now I have a brand new Mya sitting there aimlessly as I have no coals.... I called Tarik and he said they'd send the rest of the stuff to me.

Final issue: This is from another order. I placed an order that included Scalli's herbal shisha. That was almost a month ago. I spoke to Tarik over e-mail asking him about the rest of my order - as I did not know if I would have to wait for Scalli's shisha to get to him for all of my stuff to get shipped. I had various items in that order but the only response I got is that I would either have to wait or payf for 2 shipments. While I understand that's not too unreasonable I think a different vendor would have maybe sent the main shipment to me and then sent me Scalli's shisha for a smaller shipping ammount or something. Also, while he told me it would all get shipped out on March 3 - it's the 13th and he hasn't sent any updates or anything. I only learned about the delay through the forum.

On customer service: The customer service has been pretty good. Tarik has always been pretty nice and helpful about things. Compared to other vendors though, I haven't been terribly impressed.

Overall: I would rate my whole experience based on two orders a 5/10

Tarik has been helpful but the whole thing has just let me not wanting to use them ever again. We'll see what happens with my missing coals and the other order... sleep.gif

Well it didn't allow me to Edit so I'll add this:

Pros: The package got here pretty quickly. It made it from MN to PR from Monday when it was shipped to arrival on Friday. Also, they packed everything nicely.

I know a lot of the things are minor and maybe even out of their hands but I haven't had that problem with other vendors. I might give them a try in the future to see how it goes, but definitely not soon.

So Update on my orders:

Tarik just called me and offered to ship the missing coals and stuff to PR and also told me he wanted to send me the item from the previous order (the one with the Scalli herbal) ahead as the herbal shisha is taking longer. I asked him to ship both things to DC as I'll be back there next week.

So props on resolving both those things very quickly.

Tarik has definitely been helpful and most of the issues I had have been taken care of.

I am much more prone now to ordering through MNH again in the future.

smile.gif

• 2 months later...
I have ordered 3 times from mnhookah and it has worked out great. Good prices, selection and very fast shipping. They help me out with customs (i live in Sweden) and are in my opinion easily the best vendor (and ive used quite a few).

Thumbs up!

• 3 weeks later...
8 days from when order was placed to get an order from MN to VA?

meh....

I want my esk apple sad.gif

First time ordering from this vendor and I am not impressed. I took advantage of the big sale they had going on and got $150 worth of tobacco to qualify for the free shipping. Later on I recieved a call that they would have to charge me the $10 for shipping because they were selling there items at basically cost. Now, the reason I spent $150 was to get that little extra discount. I'm not complaining about the $10 shipping charge because it's not that big of a deal but the fact that they didn't post anywhere that the shipping discount wouldn't be offered for the sale really bugs me. They led me to believe I would get free shipping after spending $150 dollars and then they charged me for shipping anyways. I have never recieved from any other vendor a package ten days after ordering it. I know they are in minnesota and I am in cali so it is a long ways apart but I ordered early in the morning on 6/16 and it didn't even leave their location till the 19th. My Al Fakher 250g boxes of golden esk apple and vanilla were leaky. And to top it all off they sent me fumari black cherry instead of the fumari blueberry I ordered. I won't be buying anything from this vendor ever again and I am dissapointed they didn't live up to the good "reputation" that they have from the hookahforum members.

They are definitely headed the wrong direction.

I avoid entering CC info into craputers, phone only. Maybe I am paranoid, but putting a card with a 41K$ limit on the internet makes me a little nuts.

They USED to be good about calling back (can never really get anyone the first time). The last couple of orders took a week to finally get through, then they completely quit returning a call. The phone number disappeared from the web page, Ok, I get the hint.

H-S matched their price, and I didn't have to play magical-mystery phones to get someone to take my money.

A bit of a shame, I would really prefer to do business with someone in state, but that seems difficult to accomplish. Not going to frustrate myself with that anymore.

I put in an order on Wednesday (June 25) and my credit card was charged same day, I have yet to receive a confirmation email that my items are shipped and I have not received a tracking number.

I emailed and called and still no reply. ?

what should I do?

QUOTE (PalGuY @ Jun 29 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I put in an order on Wednesday (June 25) and my credit card was charged same day, I have yet to receive a confirmation email that my items are shipped and I have not received a tracking number.

I emailed and called and still no reply. ?

what should I do?

resolved, excellent customer service.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Used them back in 2009 and service was top notch.

Used them last week, super shitty service.

It's been six days, nothing has shipped. I had to send three e-mails so I could get a tracking. All they did was print a label. Nothing has been picked up yet.

I'm giving them another 24 hours, if it hasn't shipped by them I'm calling Mastercard and reversing the charge.

There are wayyy better vendors out there. Avoid hookahcousins like the plague.

• 8 months later...
[quote name='TigerLord' timestamp='1337732344' post='547808']
Used them back in 2009 and service was top notch.

Used them last week, super shitty service.

It's been six days, nothing has shipped. I had to send three e-mails so I could get a tracking. All they did was print a label. Nothing has been picked up yet.

I'm giving them another 24 hours, if it hasn't shipped by them I'm calling Mastercard and reversing the charge.

There are wayyy better vendors out there. Avoid hookahcousins like the plague.
[/quote]

Hi Pasha,
I am Hatem the sole owner of HookahCousins.com we are not affiliated with MNHookah.com after they closed i started up hookahcousins.com and i do not operate out of Minnesota like they used to...it is a different company (hookahcousins.com) and has great reviews! check us out let me know if i can be any help to you to make your experiecne better :)