hookah ban....jail time...check this out

Meh, it just means the sale of hookahs, because they are considered drug paraphanalia right? So everyone will just have to buy their supplies online and smoke in the privacy of their own home (if this bogus law makes it). Looks like hookah bars etc will be hurt hardest obviously, but it doesn't really mean you can't smoke using a hookah in your own home...

Sucks regardless, but I'm sure everyone should be fine smoking at their own home.

I'm not a lawyer (yet maybe?) but this is a very subjective law. And the real issue is that the law is in regards to *intent* of use, which if you can't prove that it's intended for an illegal purpose...just doesn't hold water. I'd consider leaving this place, if I was there!

As for smoking being illegal,
Let me put it this way, there's a public smoking ban going in the District of Columbia, but they are making provision that if it's related in some significant way to your business income, then it's protected.

Same way here in Oklahoma. If a certain percentage of your total income comes from the sell of tobacco, then you are protected and can have smoking in your business. But for how long though. It seems that all Im hearing about is this being illegal and this. Even in bars smoking is banned in some places. They way I see it is if you dont want to be around smoke dont go to places that have smoking ie bars, hookah lounges, cigar shops etc....

Fortunately, I live in NC, which produces much of the tobacco the world consumes. WHile we have some local ordinances about non-smoking areas in bars, *twitch*, they are never going to be able to mess with somthing so many people make a living from.

Heck, as of a few years ago, there was still a MALL in tenn. that allowed smoking.

[quote name='shyshishaguy']Im not sure if this should be in the serious discusion board or here on the general, but I though ALL should red this.   www.local6.com/spotlight/10052351/detail.html
Oh my God, what does everyone think about this?????[/quote]

Bollucks to that :P

[quote name='gumonshoe']Someone needs to find the guy that proposed the legislation and fornicate with his daughter on the porch, while smoking a hookah... oh, and then get the law thrown out.[/quote]

if you can find the daughter and shes not a ditch pig i'd be up for the fornicating part. the law throwing out might be more difficult. :shock:

this is just rediculous. makes me sad to live in florida. if that bill gets passed there, then whats to say that it wont spread to the rest of the state. these people should stop worrying about our health. it's a hobby we choose and we know that it's harmful. if you dont like it the dont come around it, plain and simple.

the same law is in effect in the city of san antonio. i visit there every summer. this year i searched around for smoke shops to pick up some shisha, but they told me that you couldn't buy anything hookah-related for miles. it made me kinda disappointed and kinda pissed.

[quote name='speel']I'm glad to live in NYC .. anything like this would be over turned in a second .. in fact this woulnt ever happen. But on a side note that sucks .. I dont think he'd get jail time tho.[/quote]

I agree..would be pointless.