Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Skimo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HAHkoo']the new gen systems are like something retro... like you can play all the previous games made by the same company.. etc. sony ps1, ps2 all compatible with the ps3 and so forth with nintendo wii[/quote]

has anyone played it yet?! cuz our Circuit City store just got it in, and i got a chance to play it and OMFG! The graphics are going to kill the 360

If you are going to get a PS3 be careful Sony is following their same routeine(sp?) dating back to the PS1.

It started out with these great claims then slowly things started to get wittled down, until lunch time then what you get isn't what sony says it was.

Case in point: # of PS3's for US launch til end of year like 1.5 mil to 2 mil this was at E3 this year (i think)
NOW: 400,000 units for launch and don't know when the next shippment will come in

But look at it this way at least we are getting more than Japan with only 100,000 units

And there still isn't any game play videos that I'm aware of. When the 360 and Wii had gameplay footage it was released right away.

Also be wary of the first generation of the PS3's cause they will have the most bugges and hardware problems.

But hey this is my take. I plan on getting one about a year or two into the PS3's life.

[quote name='Vlax']If you are going to get a PS3 be careful Sony is following their same routeine(sp?) dating back to the PS1.  

It started out with these great claims then slowly things started to get wittled down, until lunch time then what you get isn't what sony says it was.  

Case in point: # of PS3's for US launch til end of year like 1.5 mil to 2 mil this was at E3 this year (i think)
                   NOW: 400,000 units for launch and don't know when the next shippment will come in  

But look at it this way at least we are getting more than Japan with only 100,000 units

And there still isn't any game play videos that I'm aware of. When the 360 and Wii had gameplay footage it was released right away.  

Also be wary of the first generation of the PS3's cause they will have the most bugges and hardware problems.

But hey this is my take. I plan on getting one about a year or two into the PS3's life.[/quote]

dude did you even read my post? i played the NBA and MOTORcross game (think thats it) and OMFGBBQWTFLAMO WOW! and dude, the xbox360 only has Gears of War and Halo 3 Thats it! even the spokesman of microsoft even admitted it on G4TV (attack of the show).

i think my 360 has plenty of potential, the graphics on side to side games like madden, gta4, ect.. will be no different. And games that matter like Halo 3, and whatevers gona be big for the ps3 will both be equaly amazing. So you proably need both?

I think the 360 heres 4 good... ps3 is gonna come out but xbox is gonna cost waay less... its up to you unless you a diehard ps3 fan which there are allot any regular person would rather buy a 360 plus a ton of games for less than the price of the ps3

My gamertag is MAKAVEI86

Both are great systems. You have 3 64 bit asymetrical CPU's, and then you have a brand new Cell Chip. We have been using linear processors such as the three IBMs inside of the xbox for years so we are familiar with the architecture and how they process data.

They work in a linear equation, process A, to B to C. Only in the past 8 years or so have we got CPUs to gues sthe next step so now when a CPU is processing equation A it already has equation B figured out and is ready to process equation C. So thats how we have gotten CPUs to become more efficent and faster. Thats how the Xbox 360 architecture runs and we have been coding games for this platform for years.

With the PS3, we have a brand new architecture created by sony ( and IBM haha) which works dfferent than a normal CPU since its a main computer surrounded by sub computers. I think the Cell chip takes computing to the next level so think the PS3 might have the hardware edge on microsoft.

The problem? When companies liek Sega create games, they have to code the game according to the architecture of the hardware it will be run on. When you create a PC game youll use coding like C++ and when you code for a mac you using different code. So essentially you cant just buy a PC game and install it on a MAC unless you have 3rd party app which lets you boot windows or linux on your mac and run a game.

It will be the same problem with PS3 and Xbox. You will code a game in the standard linear CPU architecture, then have to RE-code the same game under the new cell architecture. As easy as it might sound, its not an easy task and I dont think alot of game developers will be wanting to learn a new system let alone code two different games.

The PS3 is probably the most " next gen" out of the bunch, but never under estimate Mr gates. The Xbox is liek an extention of your damn PC, you can cross files over and vice verse. But then again the PS3 will be able to play Blu Ray and only cost 400 for the base model. I think alot of people will buy a PS3 just for blu ray, since blu ray disc players cost like 800-1000 bucks right nowl.

Bottom line? PC pwnz all consoles period smile.gif GeForce 8800 GTX and DX 10 ftw!!

QUOTE (worr lord)
Microsoft is always making something new and improved, which isn't that hard considering how bad some of the products they produce are.

Are you saying that the 360 is a bad product?

They're both extremely capable. A coworker described the difference between the two as "The 360 is like having 3 Einsteins, while the PS3 is like having 1 Einstein and 7 Rainmans (like the Dustin Hoffman movie). If you can get the 7 Rainmans to work together, it can be amazing."

You'll see great games on both platforms, it's really down to the people making the games, not the hardware.

I know it wasn't specifically meantion in the title, but it's next gen... so yeah. I'm surprised that the Wii had such a good kick off. We got 51 in at our store and I figured we'd have them for atleast like two days... They apparently sold out really fast

QUOTE (goatling)
They're both extremely capable. A coworker described the difference between the two as "The 360 is like having 3 Einsteins, while the PS3 is like having 1 Einstein and 7 Rainmans (like the Dustin Hoffman movie). If you can get the 7 Rainmans to work together, it can be amazing."

You'll see great games on both platforms, it's really down to the people making the games, not the hardware.

Exactly, and like I said, even though teh hardware can spit it bomb ass frame rates, its up to the proggers to create games for the PS3.

But moreso its like 3 einstines that we have been buddies with for 30 years and have hung out with had good times and bad times with but we are pals and are familiar with.

And then we have an einstine and 7 rainmans and we just met rainman and we dont know what kind of guy rainman is. Is he gonna flake on us? Is he gonna fail or possibly fry easily on us? or will he be just as good of a friend as mr E was to us. Maybe even a better friend? But Einstine speaks english, Rainman speaks manderin so it will be tough comunicating between the two.

I think Maddox (from the best page in the universe) was right when he said that Sony hates its consumers.
-Installing rootkits
-Crappy PS2's when they launched
-Lawsuit against Lik Sang

and now forcing people into using Blu-ray on the PS3
when all is said and done, PS3 is just a market scheme to keep up.
They ripped off aspects of the wii controller, and they're using their system to force you to buy their movies (via blu-ray discs).

Its a big Sony hole.
I want a wii
but between xbox360 and ps3

xbox360 hands down
microsoft only screws with its computers. not its game systems.