Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Skimo

Ok so now that I have a job I can finally get back to enjoying playing video games, problem is im not to sure which system I should go with. I work at Circuit City so im sure I can get a nice discount on either one so im not to worried about prices, but tell me which one you think I should get and why.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wii!!! oh ya not a choice :lol:
The PS3 would be my choice of the two of them, just because for each of the playstations there have been tons of replayable classics created. While I enjoy X-box the only notable title I can think of is the Halo series. I also like the blu-ray player which hopefully will eliminate hd dvd in the market so I only need one player in the future.

im all for the Wii. i dont think that the ps3 is gonna be the bad ass system that sony says it will. and with the wii having the virtual console it will have the largest library of any home console period. im c'mon, all the nes, snes, n64, genesis, and turbograffix 16 games can be downloaded, plus it will play the gamecube games and it has some impressive launch titles. and for the price, you cant beat it. there is also a web browser u can download for it for free for like the first 7 months(browse hookahforum on ur tv). i also cant justify spending $600 dollars for a game system. xbox 360 is ok, but it's lackluster lineup right now makes it hard to pick that system up right now also. i know that if and when the price comes down, i'll buy a ps3 (especially for god of war 2) but for me the decision is easy to make right now.

yeah I really want the Wii but I don't know if I could choose it over the Xbox 360, maybe Ill just ask for the Wii for christmas lol. The better package of the 360 is $399, anybody know how much the Wii is suppose to cost?

Wii is gonna be $250. comes with wii sports, one controller(i think the nunchuck piece comes with it also), the motion detector for the controllers, and the stand for the system.

lol dude that would be fucking homo, that would mean you couldn't rent games huh? Yeah I guess Ill pick up the 360, I was looking for some people that had one so I could get a review on them to help make my decision

[quote name='Hookah_Bob3']Go for the 360.  PS3 will have the games be playable on only the first PS3 it is played on, or so I hear[/quote]
How can that be? There would have to be a CD burner inside the PS3 so that it can do "something" to the disc so them games will only play on the first PS3 its played on. This just doesn't seem logical, cause the PS3 price is going to be high enough as it is, and adding something to this effect would just make more people turn away from PS3 and go toward 360.

I'm heading for a Wii. I pretty sure the PS3 would rock, but....that much for a single console? God damn. I use my hookah more than my PS2 anymore. That reminds me, I should buy Mortal Kombat Annihilation.

[quote name='djbomberto']not me, i dont want a wii, cuz when i get home from work i dont wanna move, so i dont wanna swing my controller like nun-chucks and knock myself out. ^_^[/quote]

Hahaha, death by Wii.

But the thing that draws me to this system so much besides the possibility of a new kick butt smash brothers is the point and click... it'll be like an arcade shooter for the house! and with out other gimpy equipment!

i love my 360, im probably not gona buy a ps3 it looks destin to fail. but i will be buying a wii (hopfuly on the 19th). IM just warning everyojne ps3 is going the way of the dreamcast. dreamcast rocked but it failed, so watch yourself, 360 is already established, and can play just as well as the ps3.

[quote name='bigmahlman']i love my 360, im probably not gona buy a ps3 it looks destin to fail.   but i will be buying a wii (hopfuly on the 19th).   IM just warning everyojne ps3 is going the way of the dreamcast.    dreamcast rocked but it failed, so watch yourself,  360 is already established, and can play just as well as the ps3.[/quote]

whoms be king of all game consoles? Granted the Xbox360 just sold i think 4-5million now?, when the PS3 sales are projected to be around 9million. Thats world wide Ya baby. PS3 is not going the same way "DreamCast" did. DreamCast was WAY ahead of its time. I mean if it came out when the PS2 did, i bet it would still be here now. But hey, can't change time eah?

[quote name='Skimo']Ok so now that I have a job I can finally get back to enjoying playing video games, problem is im not to sure which system I should go with. I work at Circuit City so im sure I can get a nice discount on either one so im not to worried about prices, but tell me which one you think I should get and why.[/quote]

I work at Circuit City too man and I hate to break it to you but discounts for consoles are like 5 cents. We get everything at cost and CC sells game consoles for as much as they buy them.

[quote name='SpaceOddity'][quote name='Skimo']Ok so now that I have a job I can finally get back to enjoying playing video games, problem is im not to sure which system I should go with. I work at Circuit City so im sure I can get a nice discount on either one so im not to worried about prices, but tell me which one you think I should get and why.[/quote]

I work at Circuit City too man and I hate to break it to you but discounts for consoles are like 5 cents. We get everything at cost and CC sells game consoles for as much as they buy them.[/quote]

lol how homo, well the pay is good so I guess it kind of makes up for it. I also agree with No Show, if it's like the ps2, when it first comes out it's going to have a lot of bugs

i realy hope ps3 makes it because a nerd has gots to get his games. My gut is telling me that somthing isnt right in sonyland these days. im not gona spend a weeks worth of wages on somthing that might fail to keep my happy for more than 5 years. and yes its gona be buggy buggy as hell. remember 360, that was disapointings, ps3 is already having problems before launch, they are having alot of trouble making the systems. you know they are cutting corners to make money, price to build a ps3 > price of ps3. its a shame that the videogames have come to this, back in the day kids would just get both.

only buy the ps3 if your gona be playing alot of ps3 exclusvie games. gta4 is realeasing at the same time. Most games are and most those games are gona look about the same.

ps3 does have alot more power though.