"the new DFW Metroplex social group"

per DaretoDream's request here is our thread for planning stuff.
BTW did anybody get to go to Heat last night? I ended up going to a bar my friends own and had every intention of leaving early. That is in west Fort Worth though and after a few brewskys I had a bit too much buzz to drive :( So I drank more and then sobered up to drive home.

Unfortuanately, I won't be back out there until close to the end of the month. As for planning, from my understanding, we are looking at doing something once a month. Correct?

[quote name='Thadeus']Unfortuanately, I won't be back out there until close to the end of the month. As for planning, from my understanding, we are looking at doing something once a month. Correct?[/quote]

I think I was drunk when that was discussed. Usually when I think I was drunk I end up being right :0
We could shoot for the last Saturday of each month maybe? Not sure how well that would work with the holidays. So on a holiday month we could do the week before or after?

Yeah, I know what you mean about holidays. I have people fighting for my time as it is, but during the holidays, everyone wants to get together, and then once they're over it's like you don't exist, haha. I like the idea about the last Saturday though. It seems plausible. I just remember someone saying something about once a month. It might have been every other month.

[quote name='Thadeus']Yeah, I know what you mean about holidays. I have people fighting for my time as it is, but during the holidays, everyone wants to get together, and then once they're over it's like you don't exist, haha. I like the idea about the last Saturday though. It seems plausible. I just remember someone saying something about once a month. It might have been every other month.[/quote]

we have a lot of family as well as get togethers with old friends that come to twon to visit their families as well. I always look forward to the holidays except for all the damn commercials :(
I would say the week before because it does not cost much at all to go to Heat. The week after Christmas in New Years and I am usually pretty worn out from the holidays for a bit.
The week before it may be easier on people instead of being burned out already. A hookah get together before the holiday seems a great way to go into them.

[quote name='Scalliwag'][quote name='Thadeus']Yeah, I know what you mean about holidays. I have people fighting for my time as it is, but during the holidays, everyone wants to get together, and then once they're over it's like you don't exist, haha. I like the idea about the last Saturday though. It seems plausible. I just remember someone saying something about once a month. It might have been every other month.[/quote]

we have a lot of family as well as get togethers with old friends that come to twon to visit their families as well. I always look forward to the holidays except for all the damn commercials :(
I would say the week before because it does not cost much at all to go to Heat. The week after Christmas in New Years and I am usually pretty worn out from the holidays for a bit.
The week before it may be easier on people instead of being burned out already. A hookah get together before the holiday seems a great way to go into them.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I don't think the week after Christmas would be a good time. I know for me, I have to start preparing for the new semester around the first of January, so I won't have much time.

Both pieces and I made it out there for a few hours.

Managed to try the following while I was there:

Panty Dropper
Orgasm

Let it be said that ordering these from the lovely Sharon is an excellent way to watch her blush.

As for the new social group, my thought is we give it a name, knock up a logo and start hitting local lounges around DFW.

Just an FYI, my schedule starts getting really insane around the holidays. Expect my involvement to wane a bit until after the first of the year.

[quote name='dare2dreamer']Both pieces and I made it out there for a few hours.

Managed to try the following while I was there:

Panty Dropper
Orgasm

Let it be said that ordering these from the lovely Sharon is an excellent way to watch her blush.

As for the new social group, my thought is we give it a name, knock up a logo and start hitting local lounges around DFW.

Just an FYI, my schedule starts getting really insane around the holidays. Expect my involvement to wane a bit until after the first of the year.[/quote]

Yeah, it's going to be like that for alot of us, so we want to get something soon before they get here in full force. How was Orgasm? It sounds interesting.

I knocked this up to get us started. Please comment away.

[img]http://dare2dreamer.gotdns.org:8080/images/dfw_hookah/dfw_hookah.png[/img]

Once we finalize on something, I can post the master vector files where everyone can get at them.

[quote name='Thadeus']At least we have an idea now though. I love the color scheme. Put that on maybe a maroon or a dark blue tshirt, it would look pretty nice.[/quote]

I was thinking black shirts, but yes. I wanted smoky colors that made you think of the culture.

Also, it's round, which means buttons!

[quote name='dare2dreamer'][quote name='Thadeus']At least we have an idea now though. I love the color scheme. Put that on maybe a maroon or a dark blue tshirt, it would look pretty nice.[/quote]

I was thinking black shirts, but yes. I wanted smoky colors that made you think of the culture.

Also, it's round, which means buttons![/quote]

Black would look good too. Buttons would be sweet!

I'm looking into button printers now. Will post something later. I imagine if we all chip in it will be cheap.

As for shirt printing, does cafepress do black shirts? If so, we can set up a store and all just order them at cost.

UPDATE:

Unless someone can beat the price of making buttons ourselves:

[url="http://www.badgeaminit.com/handpresskits.html"]http://www.badgeaminit.com/handpresskits.html[/url]

Classy and classic! Nice graphic!

Last Sat of the month. Ok.

One thing to consider is that the end of the month is also the paycheck that pays the first of the month bills like rent and mortgages. Might be tougher times for our younger and less financially established. Just a thought.

Whatever will work for me to show up at least every few months.