Zoghal Ghaleb Coals

They're a tad overrated :P

I find them slightly too big, and they take ages to get rid of their unlit stink! Might be better suited to a stove, coz my tongs get darn hot and the 'unlit coal' smell still lingers.

I find snapping them in half, then heating it as one, but splitting it on the bowl, and using a wind cover works best.

Ben

• 2 years later...
QUOTE (PersianPride @ Nov 3 2006, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I have exams at the moment but i could mail you like 3 or 4 discs in an envelope or something. How much is postage to the US from Perth, Australia?

Hi PersianPride,

Just returned to Perth after spending 2 yrs living in Dubai. My Egyptian mates gave me all the gear before I left except for decent coals.

I tried some BBQ coals from Bunnings but they are useless.

Where can I find some decent coals in Perth?

Cheers.

QUOTE (Richo @ Dec 8 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PersianPride @ Nov 3 2006, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I have exams at the moment but i could mail you like 3 or 4 discs in an envelope or something. How much is postage to the US from Perth, Australia?

Hi PersianPride,

Just returned to Perth after spending 2 yrs living in Dubai. My Egyptian mates gave me all the gear before I left except for decent coals.

I tried some BBQ coals from Bunnings but they are useless.

Where can I find some decent coals in Perth?

Cheers.

You bumped a 2 year 1 month old thread, I doubt you're going to get a response.

zoghal ghaleb coals are decent, but not all they`re cracked up to be. i prefer belgian natural disc coals or cocoha over them because they both last longer and produce less smell when lighting them.

12moons.de had them for 2 euros a box (16 pieces) a while back so i bought a few. but i wouldn`t get them anymore if they raised the price.