Shisha In Perth

Sorry bro I can give you good news and bad news. There is a place by the name of United Bakery on Adrian street Welshpool. I can't remember the exact street number but its right across the train station and their phone is 9361 9945. They have Al Fahker, Soex and Al Waha but the prices are insulting to ones intelligence. However on the plus side the sell the worlds best charcoal called Zoghal Galeb which is only $2 for 16 disks.

Another little piece of good news is that me and the other Aussies on the board are trying to construct a little commune like system where we order stuff off the net collectively, split the crappy shipping, and then mail the stuff to each other. Also talk to the member Benny he has access to $15 dollar al Fakher in Sydney and if your a nice guy he might act as an intermediate and mail it to you.

P.S. What is Joynt Venture? Where is it located?

Thanks - will head there soon; Joynt Venture are wanting $15 for 21 pieces...hmmm. I'm an expat working mainly out of Cairo so generally have access to as much as tobacco as I can squeeze into my case (being new to Shisha not sure if it's GOOD tobacco) but need emergency supplies and charcoal, so this would be great. Thanks for the tip about the charcoal too; am learning how important it is to get the 'wela' right.

Any shisha cafes in Perth?

Also, am I deluding myself thinking shisha isn't as bad as cigarettes? Being a fitness freak non-smoker am wondering if I should be giving this away....would be devastating :cry:

I'm a sis by the way :D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='NeedBetterAlias']Any other shisha addicts in Perth WA out there?[/quote]

I recently discovered that a stall in the Freo Markets sells Shisha/Argileh products (he sells mostly Egyptian-related products). A 250g of Nakleh 2-Apples goes for A$20. Not a wide variety but hey beggars can't be choosers :D

Thanks for that....although having discovered the delights of Al Fakher tobacco going back to Nakleh is going to be hard when I get back to Cairo next week. United Bakeries is worth a visit if you haven't already. Joynt Venture were selling Alalali charcoal for $15 compared to United's $5 - not a bad little mark up.

So is there a shisha/hookah cafe in Perth somewhere?

[quote name='NeedBetterAlias']Thanks for that....although having discovered the delights of Al Fakher tobacco going back to Nakleh is going to be hard when I get back to Cairo next week.  United Bakeries is worth a visit if you haven't already.  Joynt Venture were selling Alalali charcoal for $15 compared to United's $5 - not a bad little mark up.

So is there a shisha/hookah cafe in Perth somewhere?[/quote]

Actually I have a box of those alalali charcoals but haven't used them yet, any opinion? As for the mark up it doesn't surprise me, when your entire customer base is underaged goth teenagers that don't know their ass**** from a hole in the ground you can afford to do that.

Also for cafe try 283 William St on the corner of Aberdeen.

:lol: Man, that's funny...that's exactly what their customer base looked like.

After your recommendation of Zogal Ghaleb, Alahli is way too messy and rough; but it's ok for emergencies I guess. But what would I know? I'm new to all of this... :) But I have learned that combination of Zogal and Al Fakher is smooth and unbeatable so far...Will try that cafe out next time I'm back in town.

[quote name='damo2010'][quote name='NeedBetterAlias']Any other shisha addicts in Perth WA out there?[/quote]

I recently discovered that a stall in the Freo Markets sells Shisha/Argileh products (he sells mostly Egyptian-related products). A 250g of Nakleh 2-Apples goes for A$20. Not a wide variety but hey beggars can't be choosers :D[/quote]

Hey good to have another Perth Aussie in the forum. But yeah 20 dollars is insulting.

[quote name='NeedBetterAlias']:lol:   Man, that's funny...that's exactly what their customer base looked like.  

After your recommendation of Zogal Ghaleb, Alahli is way too messy and rough; but it's ok for emergencies I guess.  But what would I know?  I'm new to all of this... :)  But I have learned that combination of Zogal and Al Fakher is smooth and unbeatable so far...Will try that cafe out next time I'm back in town.[/quote]

Yeah I don't dig the whole chunky cube shape.

• 9 months later...
oh... good to hear that i won't take my hookah all the way from brazil for nothing next year! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (PersianPride @ Nov 9 2006, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NeedBetterAlias)
laugh.gif Man, that's funny...that's exactly what their customer base looked like.

After your recommendation of Zogal Ghaleb, Alahli is way too messy and rough; but it's ok for emergencies I guess. But what would I know? I'm new to all of this... smile.gif But I have learned that combination of Zogal and Al Fakher is smooth and unbeatable so far...Will try that cafe out next time I'm back in town.

Yeah I don't dig the whole chunky cube shape.

• 10 months later...
Hey guys... only just joined but i am another perth, australia shisha member!

I haven't been out to united bakery as yet... i used to get mine from a lady in the station street markets in subiaco, but she has since moved to some other markets out scarborough...

Cheers
cceg