D/FW Hookah Party: The End... Or Is It :D **MEGATHREAD**

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we can just develop some sort of logo or emblem, and then have shirts/buttons printed? I know Evanslight mentioned he does a bit of graphic design, and I do as well.

Regardless of what we use, I'd keep it simple, memorable and classy.

[quote name='Lakemonster']Thats true. there were Nazi forces that adopted the fez....from some reading I came accross.[/quote]

Also worn by shriners.... Who, I believe, are just really advanced masons of which I have much respect. Symbols like that have to be taken in context... Isn't the swastka *yes, I know I butchered that* a symbol of peace to other people?

just read the whole friggin thread this stuff sounds awesome!!! yea we need leather jackets and t-shirts with our group name. i like scalli's idears big time. smaller party than an annual regional meet would be awesome, heck we could have it in a different part of the US every year! the possibilities are endless! ohh and EL wheres the pics man!!! we are like crack heads wanting crack but eerrr replace cracks with pics! sorry just woke up from a nice little nap and excited...i get final fantasy XII at midnite whoo hoo!!!!

PS: the ice in bag thing is ingenious. im gonna have to do that next time i go to a local sports bar and grill they brew their own beer and have an selection of brews.

Hmmm, I wish my Texas trips wern't so sporatic. I need to see if i can con a few of you guys into going to Heat with me or something when I finally do make it down there :D

Is it sad that I started scrolling quickly down the first page and had to scroll back up because the word "virginity" caught my eye?

[quote name='DizzyGuy']Hmmm, I wish my Texas trips wern't so sporatic.  I need to see if i can con a few of you guys into going to Heat with me or something when I finally do make it down there :D  

Is it sad that I started scrolling quickly down the first page and had to scroll back up because the word "virginity" caught my eye?[/quote]
Yes, that's sad, although only some-what so.

As for Heat, you wouldn't have to con anyone into it. Any of us would gladly accept any reason to go there again.

[quote name='xpimpitox']PS: the ice in bag thing is ingenious. im gonna have to do that next time i go to a local sports bar and grill they brew their own beer and have an selection of brews.[/quote]

Well, the ice in the bag is not my idea. But I was with the first bud I saw ask for one and they brought the pitcher with the bag of ice in it. I thought that was a clever idea but I grabbed part of the bag that was sticking out and pulled it out because I knew it took up volume in the pitcher.
When I lifted it out and he saw how far the pitcher went down he saw how much beer he traded for ice. :) He was like WOH!!!
So whoever thought of the ice in the bag had a great idea. But the point it gets put in should be after you take beer out.

[quote name='DizzyGuy']Hmmm, I wish my Texas trips wern't so sporatic.  I need to see if i can con a few of you guys into going to Heat with me or something when I finally do make it down there :D  

Is it sad that I started scrolling quickly down the first page and had to scroll back up because the word "virginity" caught my eye?[/quote]

I will meet up with you anytime you can make it as long as i am in town and don't have obligations I cannot wiggle ot of :)

yea ill make something soon for gfx end of things. I suck with actual design but i can try XD

Hmm i gotta start working on this stuff, which means MNH needs to hurry up and get finished huh :P

[quote name='EvansLight']yea ill make something soon for gfx end of things. I suck with actual design but i can try XD  

Hmm i gotta start working on this stuff, which means MNH needs to hurry up and get finished huh :P[/quote]

Oddly enough, I'm more on the design side than the code side, so if someone wants to give me some ideas I'll see if I can't come up with something.

As for the possibility of the fez being offensive, it's not so much about the fez itself, but rather about a bunch of...well, Texas white boys adopting the symbols and trappings of another culture.

Perhaps something that is reminiscent of a fez, more of an icon-ish logo...that way, it's at least abstracted.

[quote name='dare2dreamer'][quote name='EvansLight']yea ill make something soon for gfx end of things. I suck with actual design but i can try XD  

Hmm i gotta start working on this stuff, which means MNH needs to hurry up and get finished huh :P[/quote]

Oddly enough, I'm more on the design side than the code side, so if someone wants to give me some ideas I'll see if I can't come up with something.

As for the possibility of the fez being offensive, it's not so much about the fez itself, but rather about a bunch of...well, Texas white boys adopting the symbols and trappings of another culture.

Perhaps something that is reminiscent of a fez, more of an icon-ish logo...that way, it's at least abstracted.[/quote]

Cool, we can use the help bro. Hopefully we can get together Weds and not spend the whole eve talking about it, but bouncing the ideas around ya know.
On the fez stuff I dunno anything other than better safe than sorry when it comes to things that can be taken offensively by others. The further away you can stay the better. I am pretty sure I have offended more people thru ignorance than intention. Being a native Texan there are a lot of stereotypes we can get tagged with already ya know? I am a polar oppsite of a redneck even though I know I sure talk like one.
Not only that but the thought of putting one of those gawd awful things on my head is nearly unbearable! ;)
I really don't know anything about the

see the Shwatstica was once a symbol for peace... i believe the indians used it (dont hold me to that). but then it was misused by a dictator. one that participated in the genocides. now just that misusage has created that symbol of peace into a symbol of evil for most of the people. since were in texas, basically anything not redneck will be offensive. meaning no fez hats. you might be able to get away with a beenie though.

[quote name='Skimo']lol yeah Texans really wouldn't accept the whole Fez hat thing but they still look cool and I think it's worth the try, although beenies look nicer[/quote]

you have to be shittin me right? Damn, does anyone really think those hats or beenies look good?
I don't know the history but my guess is that the first Shriners got really drunk and put trashcans on their heads and then one of em had a great idea to make hats like that. Then when new guys came to join everybody pretended to really like the hats. All the while the first guys were laughing their ass off the entire time!
And it seems like they have some sort of secretive thing going on if I recall? If that is the case I bet the secret is that the hat was a joke the whole time! :)

And beenies! Parents got those for their kids so they could take pictures and use them to embarrass them later on in life! BTW, I am not a hat or cap person but if I had to wear one a beenie or fez does not seem the place to start ;)