D/FW Hookah Party: The End... Or Is It :D **MEGATHREAD**

Well, im home now, and about to pass out, but before i died i had to say, today has to have been the best hookah smoking session ever. To give a breif over view, since im about to pass out XD, just to let you know the basics of what went down :D

First, those who came.

Me, Evanslight
Justin - My Friend
Mike - Scalliwag
Phillip - Peices
Abide - Abide :P
Nick - Nicholae
Matt - Thadeus
Ali - SocialSmoke
Jeff - Social Smoke
Lakemonster (what, you didnt have a name tag, i cant remeber your name sorry XD : Heat Only
And 2 friends of Phiillips that came to heat

Well started out me and Justin got to Mikes about 11am or so to help set up. We started cooking, and got to know mike, the man behind scally. Played some guitar, talked about politics, and more.

Well the first guest arrived about 5min before 1pm, which was Phillip, and we went up to mikes study and smoked for a bit, played more guitar. The next guests didnt arive till a lil after two, and they all came at like once XD so we got aqauntied, and set up the hookahs. We have 3 hookahs from SS, and started with starbuzz... come to think of it, all we smoked all day was starbuzz, even at heat XD well a lil AW Orange cream :D

We then added Abides Mya Bohemian, with the funnel bowl, smoking some orange cream. We then added another, Nicks hookah, an egyptian with some SB Guava. We smoked through like 6 bowls of diffrent flavours, and a few repeats of some ;) dont ask what all we smoked there, i dont remeber currently XD when i say im tired i mean it.

We also ate somewhere in there. Mike is an amazing cook. The food was bloody awesome.

We had some awesome conversation going during our smoking. Lots of laughter, lots of just plain awesomnes :D All the guys were awesome, we got along great. I mean within minutes of meeting we were having a blast.

Well about a lil after 6:30, we packed up, and headed to heat. We got there and Lake was waiting for us :P got in and i must say heat rocks. Its kinda small but awesome. The owner whos name eludes me XD was a really awesome guy. We got the VIP room, which is a very nice relaxing room, away from the music so we had music but could still talk easily. We re-arranged the furniture and got a nice big square thing going. We had about 7 or so hookahs going at one point XD I remeber all we had there. We had all Starbuzz: Guava, Strawberry Kiwi, Mango, 2 Marlette, Peach, Vanilla, and eventuall Red Rush (an amazing house mix for heat) and a new flavour, well kinda. Ali liked orange cream, and had the owner of heat make one out of starbuzz. A mix of orange and vanilla, that was awesome.

Well we smoked for a long time there, about 4 hours total, at least when me and justin left. Oh and justin who has never wanted to smoke hookah, never smoked, had been sitting in Mikes house talking and watching tv with Mrs Scally, and was kinda sitting out of the group at heat, broke his smoke virginity tonight XD I had mango hose laying in my lap, smoking some guava, and he leans over, after i couldnt even force him to smoke, and said he was getting tempted. So he grabbed the hose and smoked. Almost isntantly he was all in the group, it was awesome :D and damn that boy smoked so much, we forgot to tell him that this was his first run in with nicotine, he might wanna take it easy XD

Well thats the basics. Details to come after a good nights sleep. Pics and a full list of what went down and what was smoked to come later :D

All i can say, is this was the first of many hookah parties to come, and it was just awesome.

Oh one thing i almost forgot. A hookah magazine thats starting up came out, i think invited by the guys from SS, not sure. They were awesome, talked to us, snapped pics of our party, and all that. This might be much better than that COC thingie :P

... i so think i spelled jeff's name wrong XD

EDIT: i forgot to explain about the topic title. This might be the end of this party, but once we begin to recooperate, since i for one had a buzz from 2pm till about a lil after 11pm XD we will start planning the next one :D oh yea

From My Friend Justin: Guys tonight was great. Tonight was the best time ive had in a while. Everyone was great, and yea mikes food rocks :D I gotta say i did enjoy my first smoke, but i wish they would stop talking about my damn smoke cherry.... i did get a lil nasesous(sp?) but oh well. As i said it was awesome, great group of people.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I just wanted to thank everyone at the DFW party for being so friendly this evening. I'm the friend of Phillip (Pieces) who got the last minute invitation to join the party over at Heat. While my girlfriend and I have been hookah-fans for quite some time, we had no idea what to expect from a forum party.

The crowd welcomed us like we'd been there all along, and I don't think I've been to a hookah bar as friendly as Heat. If you haven't been by there, drop in and ask them to hook you up with a bowl of their amazing "Red Rush".

In any case, I'm now officially a member of the board, so hopefully I can take part in the fray (both online and off) in the future.

Great writeup EL, even if you are tired and nicotine buzzed to all hell. I had better see some picture reports no later than tomorrow, as Im extreamely jealous, and want to see what I missed out on.

This thread will serve as the megathread where everyone who attended can post all of their pics, stoires etc. This way we can eliminate the clutter of everyone posting their own thread.

lol yea it ended up longer than i expected. I finnaly came fully down from my buzz while writting it so it just kept going XD and thats up to mike and lake. They took pics, as i said i forogt my camera... and my bloody funnel bowls, abide to the rescue!! Yea im more awake now, but still beat to all hell :D

And yea thats why i made this, instead of waiting till after some sleep, had to make this real fast so the other peeps wouldnt make millions of threads!!

Holy crap that was an awesome party, loved it all... except for the major drop in my blood sugar. REMEMBER! EAT BEFORE HOOKAH! =_=

Anyways, it was all better than I'd expected it to be. People were great, hookah was amazing.... I HATE YOU FOR KEEPING ME SMOKING! Beware the SB Peach! And if you're all wondering what was smoked before heat, here's the list:
Starbuzz:
Guava, Peach, Social Smoke (special blend), Chocolate Mint, Cola, Irish Cream, and one other I can't remember.

Al Waha:
Orange Cream

Tangiers:
Watermelon

Damn I am as beat as beat gets. Abide is crashing here tonite to make that long ride back a lot easier. EVERYBODY was SO cool and everything clicked like we just knew each other for years. You are some great folks and I am so glad that we did this. I was really sad to see it end. But it is good to put names to faces and solidify friendships beyond the world of text.
Ali and Jeff represented Social Smoke and were the most cordial sponsorsa bunch of misfits could have ever asked for.
Corey went as far as mapping door to door directions for guests to give an idea of the detail and effort he put into this. The success was more to do with his tenacity than anything else and I pretty much had the easy part.

Amaad (SP?) at Heat and the staff were INCREDIBLE!!!! These people are primetime service oriented. They locked the place after the last customers left at close and we all partied after close!!!!
I don't remember a time that I have met this many friends in one day and I hope through all my zanyness that each of you went away knowing that I appreciated each of you..... and the Shinerbock!!! ARRRRRRRR!!!!
We sure had a blast AYE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Lakemonster got pics at Heat, I got a few at the house. We will get them up a little later in this day. Thank God for daylight savings time working in our favor!!! I can't feel my ARSE!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahh the morning after XD damn i really kinda wanna roll over and sleep another good 10 hours :P Damn scally how late did yall stay :P

Hell i didnt do that much, i just stayed on your arse about it :P

[quote name='EvansLight']ahh the morning after XD damn i really kinda wanna roll over and sleep another good 10 hours :P Damn scally how late did yall stay :P  

Hell i didnt do that much, i just stayed on your arse about it :P[/quote]

It was after 2am but since time got rolled back it was after 1. Since I had got up at 6'ish a.m. the morning before it still felt like after 2. Between all the Shinerbock and all the the smoking yesterday I was not feeling no pain tho :) This morning I am feeling it a bit. But that was WELL worth a little hangover ;)
So let's let the planning begin for the next party(s) and helping those in other regions with logistics on planning their own. There is strength in numbers.
We all talked about the number of people that came and agreed that the group was definately large enough to be a party, but small enough that everyone in the group was able to interact with everybody else in the party so that it did not turn into factions of people.
I think everybody that was there will agree that the group was very upbeat the whole time and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

I want to thank everyone that came to my house for being so respectful to my family and EVERYONE was the perfect house guest. Everybody had fun without even remotely getting out of hand. Ms. Scalli will let me do this again because of how well this went and I appreciate all for the success.

DAMN we had a BLAST!!!! :)

yea it was steve. and thanks for the case, i knew i would forget something XD We handed them out towards the end before anyone left. Everyone got at least 3 tubs, some more :P they were all extremly grateful and happy for the case. You rock too steve :D

[quote name='steve']sounds like it was a great time[/quote]

Everybody took home some of your vanilla and were happy about it. Thanks a lot for those nice party favors bro!!! Everyone was able to have 2 tubs each! :)
Last night we smoked a vanilla/orange mix of Starbuzz that was EXCELLENT!!!! I plan on mixing some of the AW Orange and vanilla I got from you and see how that works.

Heys guys, was it 75% Vanilla and 25% Orange or do I have that backwards?

[EDIT]
Abide just told me that since some that already had some AW Vanilla let others get more that it was 3 tubs for the other guys. :)

that was the best smoke session in a long ass time. just finished eating some hot wings, and boy did they help the smoking hangover. so were about to light up the one we got yesterday. but i wanted to say thank you to everyone that showed up. wish abide a safe trip home.... 4 hours of driving... that sucks.... thanks scalli for allowing us in his humble abode. evan you did a badass job putting this together. well hope everyones day goes good.

[quote name='Nicholae']that was the best smoke session in a long ass time. just finished eating some hot wings, and boy did they help the smoking hangover. so were about to light up the one we got yesterday. but i wanted to say thank you to everyone that showed up. wish abide a safe trip home.... 4 hours of driving... that sucks....  thanks scalli for allowing us in his humble abode. evan you did a badass job putting this together.  well hope everyones day goes good.[/quote]

Dang Nick I forgot to get some of your hotwings you brought and heat them up later :( We have so much food leftover that it is nuts. The wings you brought looked damn yummy and my dumbass forgot to pull a few out and nukem.
You are very welcome on my humble abode as well. I thought about a little while ago when we were all yelling ARRRRRRRR in the lounge.
Abide left about 10 minutes ago. We ate a late breakfast because he slept in a bit. But he was pretty refreshed when he got up and we even mixed a bowl of the AW Vanilla and Orange and it was pretty nice.
It turns out Abide left his regular Tangiers bowl and his hole puncher for his foil. So I will be sending that to him.
It turns out while we were smoking that the foil touched the shisha. I fixed that and sparked a couple more coals and got a better smoke.
It was not as flavorful as the Social Smoke but I noticed last time I acclimated AW the it was substantially better. That is yet another review to write.
The cool thing is I have 3 tubs of Vanilla and one of Orange so I am going to have a kilo of AW Vanilla-Orange in the end :)

Well, I only got a couple of pics and a short video because I was WAY too caught up in everything going on. I'm sorry about that guys. Then I forgot my camera for the lounge but fortunately Lakemonster (Jeremy) was there and too some. Either Corey or me can host them if he needs us to.
So here is the vid and the pics I have.

[url="http://www.scalliwag.com/hookah/party/party.wmv"]http://www.scalliwag.com/hookah/party/party.wmv[/url]

[img]http://www.scalliwag.com/hookah/party/HPIM2391.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.scalliwag.com/hookah/party/HPIM2395.jpg[/img]

Yeah, last night kicked ass! EVERYONE were awesome, super-friendly people. Scalli, much thanks for allowing us to come to your home. The food was awesome, and you and your family were very, very nice. Thanks to Ali and Jeff for sponsoring everything. Also, thanks to everyone for sharing what they had and just being generally cool people. It's not everyday that you meet so many awesome people like that. The staff at HEAT were amazing! Definitely going to try make it back out there. Abide, have a safe trip home, pretty awesome of you to come all the way out here to hang with us. Again, thanks to everyone.

the next ones in london, right guys?

damn man sounds like you had a great time, hope abide makes it home alright, with his long journey ahead. its nice to see people from the forum meeting up and having a good time like this, keep it up and post more pictures and videos!

p.s im loving the american accent, lol aw man its so cool!

edit: oh yeah, and who is who?...