your sick experience

what were you doing?
who were you with?
how many bowls did you do?
how did your body feel?
what did you do when you started feeling sick?
what did you feel the morning/afternoon (for some like me that wake up at noon) after?

hanging out at a hookah bar from 10pm-1 or 2pm
one of my friends i was visiting in Las Vegas
5 bowls went to his place for the last 2
tingly, numb, lightheaded, and i looked pale as hell (wich is how i get when im about to puke, kind of a good warning cause i always get it 2-5 minutes before i do)
went and sat on his couch, after a few minutes went to his backyard and puked, felt better after that.
felt alright, no headache and my body felt well enough

Well, Nakhla double apple. I decided to give it at try... My friend and I were at his place andI fired the hookah up. I just really didn't like the flavor, didn't make me feel great... but my friend got up and started puking his guts out. this was only after like 10-15 minutes. No more hookah that night.

Dragon - I absolutely LOVE rose. Its by far my favorite.

I've never thrown up, however the first time i smoked Al Waha, i smoked 5-star alone, using quicklights. BAD IDEA.
I had my head spinning, i could barely walk, and i nearly passed out.

Aside from that, i've gotten lightheaded but nothing too bad, and i smoke Al Waha pretty much constantly so Im used to nicotine.

hey every body I'm a long time reader first time poster.

well I didn't get sick frm hookah but from a cigar. it was the night before my last day of finals and I was studing at a friends. we chowed down a bunch of pizza and went to celebrate summer with a stogie.

we smoked probally half before I had to stop. I was getting really light headed. so I went home and had to use the bathroom soon after I still felt ill so I turned on the water and got into the bath tub to take my mmind off it. soon I found myself sitting in a pool of my own vom but felt to sick to care XD it was pretty nasty and I felt sick for about another day and a half.

[quote name='Johnny_D']My own personal thing is 'If you like the taste of the food/drink' Then there is a damn good chance
you will like the Shisha Tobacco!

I can't imagine eating Rose.... so i avoid it :P

JD[/quote]

haha, thats a good way to look at it, but many shishas dont taste/smell like the thing they represent.
Rose isn't like eating a rose, so much as sniffing one. Its not a taste, but a really strong scent.

Never puked but have felt queasy a few times. I the only close call came when smoking a huge bowl of Tangiers blueberry on top of a couple scotches and a large carne asada burrito. I was sweating profusely, ears ringing, heart pounding, stomach churning. Ten minutes breathing fresh air and cold water on my face brought me around and I felt fine the next day.

If you like rose, you got to try Tangiers "lemon blossom" A really choice flavor, but I think it's mostly rose with just a hint of lemon. I put a few shreds of this condiment on top of a bowl of AW lemon. Excellent!

Rose alone can be overly stong, but when mixed it adds a new dimension to some flavors.

[quote name='Dragonsmettle']what were you doing?
who were you with?
how did your body feel?
what did you feel the morning/afternoon (for some like me that wake up at noon) after?[/quote]

1. MRS Bubble

2. Countless bowls were smoked that night.

3. It started out as the original "Ouzo Project," Where I filled my vase with cold ouzo (the ice crystals were beautiful! :wink:. I smoked a few bowls of Nakhla apple, and got a wonderful buzz going. Enough alcohol in the base will buzz you. Any of the old, ollld forum guys who were here will tell you about it. It was done in 2003, so it was deleted a long time ago. Anyway, I was reviewing the experience as I was smoking, just having a blast. Submitting posts as I would achieve new levels of hookahdom. THEN I made the fateful decision: I whipped down the rest of the bottle of ouzo and in my boldness, thought I would be the crap-house king of hookahing. I smoked Nakhla strawberry with a base full of ouzo. :shock: Big, big, just huge mistake! My body felt very bad.

4. Blew cookies for a while.

5. Felt okay, for someone who went through what I did. Got up and smoked my machine, but only after I washed it out real good.

MR Bubble

[quote name='MN Hookah']Only time that I got close is when we decided to put some really cheap vodka into the base, but I never puked, just got very queasy and light headed.  I'll never do that again....[/quote]

Funny... i really enjoy vodka in the base. That being said, it was decent stuff. Also, OP: are you used to smoking that much, cause Nicotine poisoning after 5 bowls for someone who doesn't usually do it is a possibility.

EDIT: yay ... i'm a Grand Sultan now. Woohoo!

Ha! Funny story, I was at a friends house and they had this pretty fancy 3 hoser that was hard to hit but regardless it was a hookah and I didnt have one, so what the heck. Anyways, it was a fairly large group of people smoking and I knew when I first started smoking hookah I was a pro at it...I was always the one messin with the coals and making the bowls, everyone loved it when I did it, or they were just plain lazy..Anyways, that night I just couldnt stop hitting it, I had to have more and more and when I said that I was done, Id end up picking the hose up once again and hitting. Anyways, everyone pretty much left about 3 hours later or so and I started to notice the back of my neck aching, I thought it was the coals causing the pain, by this time I didnt know about the CO poisioning...So anyways, we were sitting there watching the movie "Waiting", one of the best movies in creation! Anyways, so I stopped smoking for a couple minutes and I was just sitting on the couch watching a movie and all of a sudden it started getting really really hot in the living room....So, I took off my sweater and nothing got better! And I noticed that I could hear my heartbeat in my head, which was really really weird...I started to see stars and I felt really light headed and dizzy, so I had my friend walk me across the street to my house! I was scared to DEATH! By the time I got home my husband was asleep and I thought that I was about to pass out so I tried to wake him up and I was telling him that I couldnt breathe and I was about to literally pass out...So yeah he stayed asleep, so I went into my room and got into bed and sat upright because I was too afraid to fall asleep, I just needed to be in a room with no smoke. I seriously feared that I wouldnt wake up if I fell asleep...I didnt smoke again for weeks...then I got over it and now I am ok.

congrats on the title upgrade gum.

the sickest ive gotten from shisha has been a hardcore headache and felt nauseous but i was smart enough to stop smoking. That was from lets see... 2 bowls of al waha (strawberry and apricot) followed by a bowl of pharaohs raspberry. the pharaohs destroyed me in like 5 hits. most nicotine of any tobacco imo. i had to go to bed.

ive only ever gotten sick to the point of throwing up from cigars as well.

[quote name='SanguineSolitude']congrats on the title upgrade gum.

the sickest ive gotten from shisha has been a hardcore headache and felt nauseous but i was smart enough to stop smoking. That was from lets see... 2 bowls of al waha (strawberry and apricot) followed by a bowl of pharaohs raspberry. the pharaohs destroyed me in like 5 hits. most nicotine of any tobacco imo. i had to go to bed.

ive only ever gotten sick to the point of throwing up from cigars as well.[/quote]

What the heck do the titles mean anyways, Im a grand sultan of shisha too...What do I get a prize or something??? HAHA!

My worst sick experience was after I smoked 2 bowls between me and my friend, and 3 between more when more people came over. I started to get a headache that wasnt just "too much of a buzz" headache, but like a real heavy duty headache. I pretty much layed down on the couch for a half hour before I went home and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating profusely, I seriously was so wet I felt like I had just gotten out of a swimming pool. I actually got up and dried myself off with a towel before I went back to sleep. The next day I had a little headache, but some tylenol took it away.

[quote name='Dragonsmettle']what were you doing?
who were you with?
how did your body feel?
what did you feel the morning/afternoon (for some like me that wake up at noon) after?[/quote]

Smokin in my garage as usual.
I was with some friends.
We smoke one bowl.
Horrible. I felt sick, and nauseated, and had a terrible headache.
I stopped smoking.
I felt fine.

Now the reason for this is speculated to be the bowl we were using. Before this incident the only bowl we ever used was a glazed clay bowl, and we never got sick using it no matter how long we smoked for. This time we used a bowl that was ceramic/porcelain and coated with a metallic silver glaze. As we smoke the glaze was burning off, and I think that's what made us sick. Since then we never used the bowl again, and never had any problems. Ever.

I was smoking Nakhla strawberry. I was with my buddy Stevie. He was showing me this thing where you inhale after exhaling about half of the previous drag, I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but I tried it anyway. After doing that cycle for about ten drags I started to feel a little zonky. I didn't get full on sick though, I just felt a little woozy. I know it was the result of my own actions, oh well, peer pressure.

i was staying the night at my folks place one night, and was up for a smoke, so i set up a bowl of sultan double apple. i'd previously had very good experiences with this particular shisha, but i must've got a bad batch or something. the first night, i opened it up and tried it tasted awful so i switched to something else. the next night i gave it another shot, but it still tasted bad...i kept it going for a few minutes in hopes that it would get better, but quite the opposite. i got a big buzz no doubt, but began sweating and feeling sick to the stomach, i actually felt like i had a fever. i dropped everything and went to bed. i felt fine in the morning, but needless to say i threw the remainder of the 250g box away. sad waste!