What is your beer?

German

What kind of beer do you like?  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• White Beer
    • Pale Ale
    • Dark beer
    • Strong beer (a beer with more then 6% Alcohol)
    • Light beer

Well, i gotte ask it... What beer do you like most?
I dont really know something about the beer in america so i dont ask about the trademarks. :roll:
If i forgot a kind of beer or if it is wrong spelled tell me please.

Btw. I like dark beer from the brewery in the next village.

Greetz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English bitter is a pale ale. Not an IPA, though, that's a whole different category.

There are a *lot* of different types of beer. IPAs, English bitters, American pale ale, Americal light lager, pilsner, barleywine, dry stout, sweet stout, imperial stout, porter, Belgians, hefeweizen, California common (steam) beer, lambic, etc. Even beers within the same classification can taste very different, like barleywines.

Heinekin is a lager...

My favorite style is a good knock-your-socks-off American IPA.. the higher the IBU's the better...

IBU's are International Bittering Units.. measures how bitter the beer is.. bud/miller/coors and the like are usually below 10 on the IBU chart.. IPA's can range from the 40's up past 100. :lol:

I think its safe to say that I prefer dark beers.

Shiner Bock seems to be the staple for me... and the occasional Guinness Stout.

A beer that I cant seem to find anymore that I really enjoyed was Bigfoot Barleywine... I think Sierra Nevada made it... strong and hoppy as hell.

I tend to prefer ESBs (extra special/strong bitters) and dry stouts, but I like porters and other stout varieties. In general I tend to prefer beers around 30 IBUs and with a more malty character.

Strongest beer I've ever drank was North Coast Brewery's Old Stock Ale 2005. It was 11.7% alcohol I believe. I didn't particularly like the flavor, though. It seemed a little too estery/fruity for my taste.

Chimay is some good shit too!

[url="http://www.chimay.com/en/chimay_red_218.php"]http://www.chimay.com/en/chimay_red_218.php[/url]

had that at Velvet Hookah a couple weekends ago...expensive as hell though...the big bottle cost me 16 bucks! But my buddy told me you can get it for 9 bucks at some fancy grocery stores

I picked up a bottle of Chimay Blue for $5 after work. Although I'm not generally a fan of Belgian beers this one is surprisingly good. There is an almost grapey/muscat flavor to it with a malty aftertaste. I couldn't see drinking it very often, especially considering its 9% alcohol content, but it's mighty tasty.

I discovered a local bar recently that has 75 beers on tap and 200 more varieties in bottles. [url="http://www.capitalalehouse.com"]Capital Ale House[/url]