Well guys, I've given up on Pimp Your Hookah, need advice

well i guess we have to wait till nov10th, and if there store opens then and ioannisds and cymptom dont have there stuff, then i say we mob PYH XD

Oh and i made a new thread about MNH instead of bringing this topic further... offtopic :P

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes obviously a poor businessman. it is your duty as a business man, if you run or work for a company, to do everything within your power to make sure your customers get your product ASAP. It should be number 1 priority to get the product ready and ship it out. It should only take a week, maybe 2 weeks the MOST to ship out a hookah.

You won a contest and he failed to meet his end of the bargain. Honestly if it were me, I would say fuck him. Never do buisness with him. Let everyone you can know what kind of business he does then move on and order froma different company. I know you didnt order anything, but sicne you didnt pay him anything you have no ties. So just basically, tell him to fuck off next time.

IMO, that is the differrence between a good company and a bad, if they put you anything but number 1 priority, they are bad.

[quote name='ioannisds'][quote name='mushrat']*SIGH*
now, being an adult (mostly) and an Admin. I'm supposed to keep a higher level of behavour and all, but in this case I have GOT to say it...

Told you so. :roll:  

Sorry for your pain man, but you get what you pay for.[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean, mushy... I don't remember you or anyone ever telling me I wasn't gonna receive my prize. I mean, I remember the skepticism with the free PYH Myas here and there (I was right there with ya), but this, I believe, is a different kind of situation.[/quote]

Ya, I'm not sure if that too applicable. Especially since he won it, so I dont think he paid for anything

[quote name='Oggie505']Yea one can get mad, but I dought one is gonna get it quicker by pissing PYH off[/quote]

I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I'm just telling you guys about my situation. Read my post! He has repeatedly told me it is done, it is on the way, etc, etc. It has nothing to do with the website being down. And like I said, I don't think I'm going to get it anyway. I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the matter. The last thing this board needs is another pissing match.

I think you been screwed. There will be no pissing. You were promised soemthing, others were promised things, no one has gotten anything. Atleast you are only disappointed as opposed to ripped off.... 8)

[quote name='Sonthert']Bilal seems like a good guy, I'm sure his intentions are the best, I wouldn't worry about it. It may show up one day and it will be like Christmas![/quote]

I agree, Bilal was a great guy to communicate with. But this is his business. I'm sure GH might be a great guy too (at least a few members have said so), but man, look at how things ended up for him. And yeah, at this rate, it will be like Christmas if I get it. Like December. '07. :D

You have his full name? Go to his location and take his partner as a hostage and make a video of you telling him that you will not release her until you recieve your hookah hehehehe

I am getting sick of hearing about companies that does shit like this .... :roll:

[quote name='Sonthert']Bilal seems like a good guy, I'm sure his intentions are the best, I wouldn't worry about it. It may show up one day and it will be like Christmas![/quote]

yeah he's a good guy to deal with. i have only a minor complaint, though. he promised a box of orange shisha for the great price of on-the-house, but i received a bag of coals (which i didn't really need).

[quote name='ioannisds']:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

[img]http://k41.pbase.com/u38/gioiaz/small/40262313.DSC_0099.jpg[/img][/quote]

Lol, the image didn't show up for me so I though maybe you had gotten the hookah and was gloating... then I checked the page source and saw that it def wasn't a hookah :P

EDIT: Figures the image shows up AFTER I post...

[quote name='EvansLight']well any new info on it?[/quote]

Well, if you're talking about the hookah, no. Like I said, I think I've been taken for a ride. I was going to try and contact him one last time the other day, but all I could think was, "why the fuck should I?". So that he can give me another story and then do nothing? I promise, if anything comes of this whole mess, you guys will be the first to know.

My only consolation is that I have told all the people that I smoke with about the hookah, and how great dealing with him was (initially). Hell, I even told my mom. And these people keep asking me about it. Now that they're hearing I've been wanked, they are just as unlikely to order anything from him as I am. And when they tell their friends, and they tell their friends... I guess in the end, the only real power we have as hookah consumers is not to send money to a company that has pooped on us.

[quote name='ioannisds']My only consolation is that I have told all the people that I smoke with about the hookah, and how great dealing with him was (initially).  Hell, I even told my mom.  And these people keep asking me about it.  Now that they're hearing I've been wanked, they are just as unlikely to order anything from him as I am.  And when they tell their friends, and they tell their friends...  [/quote]Hahah, yeah... exact same thing happening here, too.

Well, just a quick update for you all. I broke down and sent Bilal and e-mail (on Tuesday) voicing my displeasure with this whole thing, including a link to our discussion here. Looks like I'm now getting the same treatment as Chris (cymptom), and being completely ignored. Way to kick it in PYH... I hate to do it, but I can't help but put him in the same category as Genuine Hookahs and the other wankers that have graced our board the last few months.

There are times when I think I might be wrong in being so pissed. But then I just think, would [Social Smoke, Hookah Company, Hookah-Shisha, etc, etc] ever pull anything like this? No flippin' way. And that's why if I have money to spend on hookah stuff, it will be sent their way, and not to PYH. Obviously I can't make all of you do the same, but I really think there is something to be said for supporting retailers who go above and beyond to keep their customers happy, even if their prices are a little higher than some of these new kids on the block.

[quote name='ioannisds']<SNIPPED FOR QUOTE PURPOSES> but I really think there is something to be said for supporting retailers who go above and beyond to keep their customers happy, even if their prices are a little higher than some of these new kids on the block.[/quote]

I've said once, i'll say it again : You get what you pay for!

Good Service, Reliability, Friendly attitiude & Quick responses
are really the only thing a retailer who is selling the same as the next website can offer...

So It's worth paying an extra $1 for a box of tobacco from someone you know to be decent and trustworthy.

JD - Getting what he pays for!