Well guys, I've given up on Pimp Your Hookah, need advice

As many of you know, I was the winner of the Pimp Your Hookah custom hookah contest way back when. I was supposed to get one of his custom hookahs, a custom glass mouthpiece and hose, and four boxes of AF. I can't tell you how excited I was to have won something, much less something so flippin' awesome. I'm sure all of you would have felt the same way...

Well, I have been left with a limp feeling in my pants. At the end of July/beginning of August when I first spoke to Bilal, we settled on my design and details, and he told me I'd be looking at a week or two. He was going to try and get a custom base made for me to match the stem I wanted, and I said that would be fine. Take as much time as you like.

A month goes by, and nothing. I'm still cool though. I spoke to him and he said it was all finished, but he wanted to take it to the Arab American festival on the 10th of September, along with one he was making for cymptom. I said that would be fine with me, and was thrilled to hear it was nice enough for him to show it off at his booth. He also said he would send it out that week right after the festival, so I was thinking I'd have it in just a few days. But it was not to be....

I e-mail him again, 'cause now I'm getting kind of bummed/discouraged. He tells me that he is in Egypt, and that his partner was supposed to ship it out to me. He asked for my address again so he could forward it to her, and she would get right on it. A glimmer of hope sparkled in my drawers, and I thought maybe, just maybe, I'd be receiving my winnings in a couple of days. Well, that was over two weeks ago.

What do you, my brothas (and sistas), think I should do? I honestly have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get a thing. Am I wrong in feeling that I shouldn't have to beg for what I have won? I'm through sending him e-mails and calling asking what the status is on the machine. I never see Bilal on the boards anymore, and I know his website is down/he is having some issues, but goddamn. You don't tell a guy he's won something, a super-sweet something, and then leave him with a severe case of blue balls nearly three months later. Not to mention he's lost me as a customer at this point. But that's where I'm at. Any input you guys have would be great.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say call him and actually talk to him, not just ask what the status is on it. Explain to him like you did to us and let him know how you really feel. Maybe he'll feel bad enough to actually take care of it, if not then I have no clue.

[quote name='Skimo']I would say call him and actually talk to him, not just ask what the status is on it. Explain to him like you did to us and let him know how you really feel. Maybe he'll feel bad enough to actually take care of it, if not then I have no clue.[/quote]

That's the thing dude, I've spoken to him on the phone, right before the Arab festival. And like I said above, I really don't feel I should be begging for what I have won. You don't run a business that way, where the customer has to plead for what he is supposed to receive.

I know what you mean but did you tell him that? I mean call him and be like "Look, I was suppose to get my hookah 3 months ago. Since then Ive called serveral times and you still havn't taken care of it. Im not sure how you usually run your business but so far your loosing me as a customer. If you told me you would ship it out then ship it out and get your business taken care of instead of lying to me and putting it off" Lol I dunno, somthing like that

[quote name='HookahDuck']Yet another reason for me to not do business with them. Their actions on this forum have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tastes like AW mixed fruit... ;P[/quote]

:lol: I think you meant to call it AW Donkey Ass flavor. That shit is gross.

man that sucks, it was the first thing i read when i came to the forums at the begning of august, and have been wanting to see it, but no where near as much as you did i bet :P

And yea after this long wait, and his store still not being back, i dont know if i could really shop ther either :X besides i got MNH now :D

That sucks dude. Yeah, i was one of the people that was supposed to get a sample of that new shisha flavor... that and he left something out of my order... i mean, it's no big deal, if it actually had been something that I paid more than like $2 for I'd be pissed, but it's just some foil. But anyways, that really does suck and I'm sorry for your loss... but at this point, I don't think that he's even "made" it, if he was planning to in the first place. I was kinda sad at first to see PYH go down all the sudden because they really did have some good prices, but fidnding better sites always makes things better :D

I hear ya man... he's given me several dates that have come and gone as well, and I can't even get him to pick up the phone or answer emails. We'll see what happens I guess, but I'm not expecting much anymore.

*SIGH*
now, being an adult (mostly) and an Admin. I'm supposed to keep a higher level of behavour and all, but in this case I have GOT to say it...

Told you so. :roll:

Sorry for your pain man, but you get what you pay for.

[quote name='mushrat']*SIGH*
now, being an adult (mostly) and an Admin. I'm supposed to keep a higher level of behavour and all, but in this case I have GOT to say it...

Told you so. :roll:  

Sorry for your pain man, but you get what you pay for.[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean, mushy... I don't remember you or anyone ever telling me I wasn't gonna receive my prize. I mean, I remember the skepticism with the free PYH Myas here and there (I was right there with ya), but this, I believe, is a different kind of situation.

[quote name='EvansLight']besides i got MNH now :D[/quote] What is going on eith mnhookah...their website has not been updated in a month...you are working with them on a design right? do you have any idea when things will be up and running with them?

evans and mn both say that the site will be up in a couple days. along with receiving all their new products. its legit from what i can tell. evans has almost finished their new site. mn is on the hookahchat almost every day. you should ask him.

It is legit, he has even sent me a tub of 250 grams of Al Waha for helping him spread the word to my town haha, but seriously Scott and all the other people at Mn are really cool and give great customer service along with great prices

I dunno... if it sounds too good to be true... it just might be. Put it this way, you didn't have to pay anything so you didn't lose much. You may be let down, but it's worlds better than getting your money taken away from you. If he is a legit seller, then he'll right his wrongs and send the stuff he promised you. As for cympton, if he actually paid for the custom hookah... damn taht sucks.

Keep us updated, i wanted to place my next shisha order with him... but now i dunno.

[quote name='Blue Lantern']I dunno... if it sounds too good to be true... it just might be.  Put it this way, you didn't have to pay anything so you didn't lose much. You may be let down, but it's worlds better than getting your money taken away from you. .[/quote]

Yep.. you could be one of those folks that gave that guy money for the Tangiers Phunnel bowls for 'cheap shipping' a few weeks ago.. :roll:

All this crap....."Well you didn't lose anything".....You did lose something since you were told that he was going to send you items (of great importance) and he hasn't. You should be able to take his word and not have to worry that he's going to go back on what he says. I think that you are not going to get your items sorry.But if I was you I would find out where he lives hire a professional midget boxer and have him repeatedly hit his nutsack like a speedbag :oops: It will make everyone that he lied to feel better and stop him from lying.....problem solved :D

well i just browsed over to pimpyourhookah.com and this was displayed...

"We've been working hard to reconstruct our website and make our store more interactive and personal. We're hoping to surprise people with our new layout, so stay tuned! Because of all the remodeling, the store will be closed until November 10, 2006. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we promise it will be worth it!"

november 10th now huh? I understand that it may be stressful times but the fact that you were promised something to be sent and never recieved it just doesnt sit right in my book. im gonna have 2 think about shopping thru them when they open up again.

EDIT: hey dizzyguy what site was updated? mnhookah? it looks the same since it first got up or am i on drugs?

I dunno man.... it sucks thats the case.. but it seems like the high road that could be taken is just show grace and let him off the hook.

Its become apparent that PYH has gone AWOL........ and usually that happens when things have gone bad. I could be dead wrong and they post on here tonight that they are back...

I really wondered how they could effectively be so generous.. I appreciate the generosity I was given with my order. But, in reality.,when its free.... there are few acceptable claims when things dont come thru.