Cigars

nuschultz

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jun 14 2007, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll say though very little beats a good cigar and a glass of scotch

I love a good cigar with a nice single malt myself, but you should try some others if you have not. Cognac is always a good choice, I like ones with vanilla notes to it. Rum is a good choice, but needs to be of good quality. And of course a nice glass of Port, must be aged well

Just got back from a herf in Omaha, and we had some nice liquors out there. I really like cognac, but tried some others and found them pleasantly surprising. First was George T. Stagg Fall '06 bourbon. Pretty limited release, like 140 proof too, but man was it tasty. The second was a tequila, Don Julio 1942. I'm really not a tequila drinker at all, but sipping on a glass of this definitely complimented my morning cigar.
I normally have Remy Martin VSOP or Knob Creek with a cigar if I'm having liquor, but most of the time it's just water if anything.

TYLER

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oggie505#2) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I decided to buy a cheap gas station cigar tonight at a Shell. It's a game cigar. I got the Vanilla one and it's damn good! If you see them around, try one.

I would not even consider that crap a cigar

Why not? I smoke high-end stuff and RARELY get a huge buzz, and remember, I'm the idiot that said he inhales! This one was giving me a nice buzz, and was a light smoke with a good flavor. I don't like White Owls, but this one wasn't bad. I'm done with cigars for a while after tonight though! Party tonight with a Cohiba or a Partagas, a 6 pack of beer, and hell yea!

TX

QUOTE (oggie505#2) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are wasteing your money if you smoke cigars for a buzz. What cohiba or partaga, there are lots of them

I don't know. I just pick some up and leave the store. I'll check what kind tonight. I don't smoke cigars for a buzz. I smoke cigars for the long ass, flavorful smoke. Just puts me in a relaxing mood.

TX

so far, monticristo habana, romeo y lulieta short churchill habana, and now hoyo de monterrey excalibur 1066

Edit: watching layer cake, and lock stock and 2 smoking barrels. both great movies

FYI scotch is gon onyl had 1/2 bottle left, gonna have to switch to rum until tomorrow when i go to the base and stiock up Edited by oggie505#2

i have been smoking cigars for about 3 years now.....my dad got me onto them....i have smoked everything from cohiba esplendidos to over the counter shit. Through my experiences i have found the best overall cigars (price, draw, build, apperance etc...) are:

-Perdomo Reserve Champagne Es,Fs, and Rs = )
-Rocky Patel American Markets
-Plasencia reserva organicas
-Acid Cold Infusion Tea
-Gurkha Regent
-La Gloria Cubana Serie R
-Macanudo Gold Label
-Cohiba Curchills (black label)
-Graycliif Red lable PGX
-Graycliff Legends
-Kahlua ...... just about all of them = )
-La Aurora Preferidos

All those sticks average around 10 bucks apiece depending on where you buy,what size, and how many. I also prefer a mild to medium bodied cigar so that might have somthing to do with the cigars i have listed about. I also prefer a natural wrapper.

Let me know if you guys have smoked any of those and what you think

Matthew

Guest Abide
Guys if you haven't tried the Java from Rocky Patel/Drew Estate GET A STICK. I am in love with these things and i may be picking up my second box soon. The taste, aroma, and flavor just wow! it like its dipped in a nice hot mocha. Ahh well 12 more to go!

I gotta goto London with the wife and some people from her work, so I am gonna surprise her and get her the cigars she likes, proally gonna get a box for her and of course some cubans for myself. I just need to find the band that she saved of the one she liked..lol

The best cigar brand EVER is Boliva. You cannot beat them. A nice woody/spicy blend and always and even burn/draw. What I smoke when I am not puffing away on shisha or cigarettes. Also goes very nicely with a nice Wiskey or even a Gin and Tonic (yes I know only women drink it but I am in focus with my feminine side tongue.gif)

When I used to live in Florida, I've tried a Cuban (don't remember the name) and that was unbelievable! Once I moved out to a more posh neighborhood in So Cal, I've tried a Davidoff and that was unbelievable too! Thing is cigars tend to be a little strong so I tend not to like them so much. That is unless they are Cuban or from Davidoff. I was spoiled from the get go. Edited by MechAnt