Where can I buy a complete hookah setup?

Hey all,

I'm looking to get into smoking hookah but I won't know for sure until Wednesday night. In the event I like it and want to get one for myself, how much would it be roughly for everything I need? Links would be nice too. I'm not sure where to start but I don't want to go over $200. My max is $150 but the highest I'd go is $200. Keep in mind I know nothing about this so if I need to cough up more I will. So if anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great!

If you can give an idea of your preferenceswith aesthetics, what type of tobaccos you like, etc...

Many (including me) will recommend an Egyptian hookah. Best brand imho is Khalil Mamoon, KM for shorthand.

If you want a multi hose pipe, Mya saray is the way to go. It's the ONLY Chinese manufactured quality hookah, just avoid the econo models.

If you are looking at smoking more moist tobaccos, like fantasia, al fakher, and tangiers, you'll want to invest in a phunnel bowl. They increase the longetivity of your bowl, and also keep hookah cleaning easier since you don't get hardly any juices dripping down the stem.

Also, you'll want to invest in a washable hose. You can invest in a pricier, designer one like a nammor, but nuhoses are perfectly fine and about $5 each.

Do yourself a favor, stay away from quicklight coals if you can. Get a hot plate (portable single coil stove), they are around $15 at Walgreens and Dollar General. Get coconut coals (preferred by most because cost effecient and longetivity ) or japs like canary coals. You won't have nasty coal taste during your session. :) .

As for where to shop, I have a few places off the top of my head. You can't go wrong with texashookah.Com ...also, 5starhookah.Com and hookah-shisha.Com have quality selection. If you search around the forum, you can find discount codes for some vendors. It doesn't hurt to take a look at the vendors area of the forum too. They randomly will post sales :) .

Lastly, do yourself a favor and check the reviews section of the forum. This will really help you in the shopping process. One of our beloved members, Stuie, has reviewed just about every hookah product out there. There are also many how-to topics to help you along.

I started here around early 2008, and loved hookah ever since. Each thread I read improved my experience more and more, giving me the perfect session every session.

Welcome aboard.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, r1v3th3ad said:

If you can give an idea of your preferenceswith aesthetics, what type of tobaccos you like, etc...

Many (including me) will recommend an Egyptian hookah. Best brand imho is Khalil Mamoon, KM for shorthand.

If you want a multi hose pipe, Mya saray is the way to go. It's the ONLY Chinese manufactured quality hookah, just avoid the econo models.

If you are looking at smoking more moist tobaccos, like fantasia, al fakher, and tangiers, you'll want to invest in a phunnel bowl. They increase the longetivity of your bowl, and also keep hookah cleaning easier since you don't get hardly any juices dripping down the stem.

Also, you'll want to invest in a washable hose. You can invest in a pricier, designer one like a nammor, but nuhoses are perfectly fine and about $5 each.

Do yourself a favor, stay away from quicklight coals if you can. Get a hot plate (portable single coil stove), they are around $15 at Walgreens and Dollar General. Get coconut coals (preferred by most because cost effecient and longetivity ) or japs like canary coals. You won't have nasty coal taste during your session. :) .

As for where to shop, I have a few places off the top of my head. You can't go wrong with texashookah.Com ...also, 5starhookah.Com and hookah-shisha.Com have quality selection. If you search around the forum, you can find discount codes for some vendors. It doesn't hurt to take a look at the vendors area of the forum too. They randomly will post sales :) .

Lastly, do yourself a favor and check the reviews section of the forum. This will really help you in the shopping process. One of our beloved members, Stuie, has reviewed just about every hookah product out there. There are also many how-to topics to help you along.

I started here around early 2008, and loved hookah ever since. Each thread I read improved my experience more and more, giving me the perfect session every session.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the advice. Again I'm not really into tobacco so I'm not sure what I should go with. If possible, I'd like a hookah for a beginner (obviously) and maybe a gentle throat hit. Size doesn't matter, but I don't want anything tiny. What do you recommend based of that?  

Everything he said was spot on. You can find a medium size hookah (I recommend km as well) for about 60-70bucks. Coco Nara are the best coals I've found, about 10 bucks for a box of 120. Shisha I would get al fahker or fumari, not expensive and really good flavors. Most hookah shops will walk you through a good setup, or online most sites have a chat window to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...