Owning a hookah lounge

Hi guys! I am a young lady in college, looking to open up a hookah Lounge. I have lots of knowledge on how to make a bowl & how to basically make a delicious, long lasting hookah. I own a couple of my own as well, but I am curious to know how it is owning a hookah bar. All the requirements, the pros & cons, etc. If anyone on here owns a hookah lounge,  please feel free to give me advice & tips! 

You might wanna look at the thread here:
So you want to start a hookah lounge?

Otherwise what you need is firstly legal knowledge in the area you're looking to open the lounge at. Is it legal to do so, what are the regulations etc.

Then you need the knowhow on running an establishment like that, I've never done it but I imagine it's not that simple, also there are licenses you need to get and shit. I'm no expert.

Also, you need the capital to invest in the lounge. As far as I know Every bar, restaurant and similar establishments (have people come in for a service for a few hours) will need a bit of startup time before they start making a profit and then some time on top of that to make back the money you sank in, if it gets off the ground.

• Upvote 2

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd you live in Texas it seems, so if you're going to be operating this lounge in that state, you'll want to look into the outrageous pipe tobacco tax that they have there, that unfortunately pertains to hookah tobacco as well. Not sure if it applies to a lounge in the case of sitting down to smoke a prepared hookah, but it'll definitely apply if you attempt selling packaged retail hookah tobacco.

• 3 weeks later...

If you read the So You want to open a hookah lounge post and still want to do it, feel free to ask plenty of questions. I'll be happy to answer them as I may be the only member left that has ever actually owned a hookah lounger. :)