What is my smoke so thin?

I can't friggin believe it. All this time with thin clouds. I decided to fire up my Mya. Smoke as thick as milk. So I thought it must be the KM. So I put my finger over the hole in the stem. I could draw air. I think the grommet between the stem and the base is bad. I ordered a new one. All that wasted coal and shisha, and it was my KM...Damn!

did you check your purge valve?

Take the rubber grommet off the base of th e stem, use electrical or masking tape to run a few layers around the metal, put the grommet back on over the tape, see if you can get it back into the base. if not unwrap some tape until it goes in snugly. also check your ball.

Thanks for all that Information. I feel kind of stupid. As it turns out it is NOT the base grommet. I failed to put a grommet on the hose. :blush: Once I did, my KM is back in business. The only thing I can tell you about my Nakhla is that it's strawberry. The Starbuzz does tickle my throat. Went to Fumari, no tickle.

oh ya, and if you have to hang half the coal off the edge, you are wasting coal. Once its hot break it in half. that makes  for less waste and less money. :)

Man I have been just copying what I have been seeing. But that does make sense.

oh ya, and if you have to hang half the coal off the edge, you are wasting coal. Once its hot break it in half. that makes  for less waste and less money. :)

just start playing with your heat management and see what works for you, due to inconsistency in peoples packing methods heat really varies. Hanging the coal off partially works with some tobaccos while others are high heat and need the coals pretty much all the way on. Just find what works for you and stick to it, its all trial and error

just start playing with your heat management and see what works for you, due to inconsistency in peoples packing methods heat really varies. Hanging the coal off partially works with some tobaccos while others are high heat and need the coals pretty much all the way on. Just find what works for you and stick to it, its all trial and error

Thanks. I totally agree with you, but this trial and error is getting expensive. :P I think I'm dialing it in. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I totally agree with you, but this trial and error is getting expensive. :P I think I'm dialing it in. Thanks.

it can be a real pain I know, Ive been having to relearn it as i took about a year and a half maybe break from hookah

• 2 weeks later...
Name your price. My smoke is much much better, huge plumes, but still not thick. I am using Al Fakher. Maybe that's all the smoke I can get from it.

Was never impressed AF. For clouds, go with Nakhla or Tangiers. Thick fat clouds for days, bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chreees said:

Was never impressed AF. For clouds, go with Nakhla or Tangiers. Thick fat clouds for days, bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I do have to say that AF is very tasty. Orange tastes like Orange. I have some Tangiers. Kicks like a mule. I love it, I may never go back.

4 minutes ago, geraldzito said:

Well I do have to say that AF is very tasty. Orange tastes like Orange. I have some Tangiers. Kicks like a mule. I love it, I may never go back.

glad to see things are on the up and up for ya. Tangiers is my favorite brand by far but it does require a little more attention than most tobacco brands.

13 minutes ago, geraldzito said:

Have you tried AF Blueberry by chance? That's the one flavor I kinda want to try even though I quit smoking AF many years ago, just because I love me some blueberry!

13 minutes ago, king_lunchb0x said:

glad to see things are on the up and up for ya. Tangiers is my favorite brand by far but it does require a little more attention than most tobacco brands.

Yes. It is great. I have some more on order. I admit, it's not exactly user friendly. But it's so complicated, it intrigues me to learn.

8 minutes ago, Chreees said:

Have you tried AF Blueberry by chance? That's the one flavor I kinda want to try even though I quit smoking AF many years ago, just because I love me some blueberry!

As a matter of fact I have a tupperware tub with 250g of AF Bluberry. I'm sure the flavor is exactly as the name implies. My favorite is Orange. It is spot on orange flavor. Have not tried the blueberry yet, but since you mentioned it, I think i'll try some this evening. Give a report.

3 minutes ago, geraldzito said:

Yes. It is great. I have some more on order. I admit, it's not exactly user friendly. But it's so complicated, it intrigues me to learn.

Ooooo... I will have to try it out then! Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking AF again. :P

46 minutes ago, Bawhee said:

AF blueberry suffers from the same problem all the other blueberry flavors have. There's a chilling minty effect that is nice, unless if you don't want it :D

Well to be honest, I don't care much for that mint/menthol chill. That is why I didn't order Tangiers Cane Mint. I hear it's very popular.

Nakhla Mizo Blueberry has that chilling effect, but it doesn't really bother me. The old Tangiers Blueberry did NOT have it, and that was my favorite blueberry I ever smoked- it was amazing. I can't wait to try the new version sometime soon when I can justify buying it, lol.

Let me ask you Chreees. I have Strawberry Tangiers, and I do not taste even a hint of strawberry. It seems to have a molasses taste, but no strawberry. Maybe I didn't acclimate it long enough? I left the tub open about 4 hours, and stired as much as possible.

15 minutes ago, geraldzito said:

Let me ask you Chreees. I have Strawberry Tangiers, and I do not taste even a hint of strawberry. It seems to have a molasses taste, but no strawberry. Maybe I didn't acclimate it long enough? I left the tub open about 4 hours, and stired as much as possible.

Is your weather shitty today? That has been a problem in the past for me when it comes to Tangiers... But in all honesty, I started "squishing" the bag around in my hands for a few minutes before opening (like before cutting the bag open, so this trick won't help you now but you'll know for in the future), and I haven't really had a single issue with Tangiers since. I used to not be able to smoke when it was too humid, or raining, etc... Pain in the behind! I'm assuming you're using Noir- make sure you're using a shallow tub so that the tobacco can be spread out evenly and thin. Only acclimate it right before you plan on smoking, so maybe an hour or two before packing the bowl. If you acclimate TOO much you'll lose flavor ultimately. And ALWAYS be sure to stir to keep the juice evenly distributed every time you pack. But yeah, 4 hours should have been plenty... My guess is the stars are just not aligned (weather issues) for you to smoke Tangiers Strawberry today! Also, I remember not getting too terribly strong of a flavor from Tangiers Strawberry last time I had it- it was super light to begin with.

Well in Florida considering it's November, it's high 80's. Very warm for this time in Florida. My house A/C is set at about 76. I do have my tanghiers in a shallow tupperware tub. Stir stir and stir some more. I read "My guide to Tangiers Success". Nice work. Appreciate the effort. After having Tangiers, it may be hard to go back to anything else. Even though I'm a rookie, I did get some good smoke from it. WOW! you can easily get three rounds of coals with tangiers. After two rounds, I was ready to clean out my bowl. But I thought, let me try an experiment. I fired up two coals, and used my wind cover. I got at least another 30 minutes of good smoking.

8 minutes ago, geraldzito said:

Well in Florida considering it's November, it's high 80's. Very warm for this time in Florida. My house A/C is set at about 76. I do have my tanghiers in a shallow tupperware tub. Stir stir and stir some more. I read "My guide to Tangiers Success". Nice work. Appreciate the effort. After having Tangiers, it may be hard to go back to anything else. Even though I'm a rookie, I did get some good smoke from it. WOW! you can easily get three rounds of coals with tangiers. After two rounds, I was ready to clean out my bowl. But I thought, let me try an experiment. I fired up two coals, and used my wind cover. I got at least another 30 minutes of good smoking.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. Sometimes Tangiers just won't work, unfortunately. If weather has been changing frequently that can throw it off.

Thanks, I tried to put all the known info about Tangiers in there, to try and help people avoid making the same mistakes I and many others made, and get them smoking quicker. Glad it helped you. And yes, Tangiers lasts a long time- I once went 8 hours on a bowl of Static Starlight! Looks like you already figured out that the windcover is an excellent heat management tool to bump up the heat a tad. ;)